Metal Storm logo
Holy Blood - New Album Title Revealed

Ukraine metal band Holy Blood have issued the following tame update regarding their new album Shining Sun [cover art]:

"Our new album Shining Sun is the most successful work of Holy Blood. In this album, we tried to combine different styles of music such as Folk Metal, Melodic Metalcore, New school Hardcore. This album should combine audiences who like Ensiferum, Chruachan, Eluveitie, As I Lay Dying, Sill Remains, Seventh Star, Hatebreed.

We have started writing song for this album back in 2005 with old band members and completed writing songs in 2009 with a totally new line-up. The purpose of this album was to create a new style, which no one before us did not play. In my opinion, we succeed with the task.

While working on the new album there was a conflict between Holy Blood band members, which, unfortunately, we were unable to unleash in a peaceful way, so we had to split up. But nevertheless, we did not give up, and finished the album with a new band members. That conflict has affected the time of finalizing the Shining Sun. We planned to finalize and publish the album in late 2008. Process was delayed, but now we do not regret that. With the new line-up, we got new ideas and thoughts that we were able to put into this recording, making this album more musically attractive.

Also, we paid special attention to the lyrics in this album. The texts in this album resonate with each other. They contain the call to love nature and homeland, as well as light that illuminates this very nature and homeland. This light, bright sun, is God himself, who in turn is the Creator of all nature. So this album will be interesting not only to listeners of contemporary Folk Metal, as well as spiritual and lovers of poetry.

People who like the sound of folk instruments in the Folk Metal, will be surprised. In addition to block flute, which we used on the previous albums, the new album was recorded with instruments such as - harp, bagpipe (goat), and the ancient Slavic tool - buzka. Buzka is a precursor of the modern saxophone. Under the sounds of this instrument the Slavs went to war, since the existence of Kievan Rus. We have an instrumental composition in the album, where simultaneously are playing Goat and Buzka. In memory of our ancestors, we called this instrumental composition - Kievan Rus.

The CD itself has an unusually beautiful design and nice booklet with photos and images of ancient churches in Russia. The album will feature eight songs and two instrumental compositions. Also on the CD will be media section with a our new video for the song "Shining Sun"."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Holy Blood
Posted: 25.05.2010 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
26.05.2010 - 03:32
Symmachus

Great news. It sucks that the parties didn't split amicably, but I have hope for this line-up. This album seems to be pretty diverse, and the album artwork is great!
26.05.2010 - 14:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I partly know this band...the music isnt bad, but black metal about Christianity?...bah
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3462 | This month: 8