Metal Storm logo
Firewind - Album Update

Firewind are checking in at last with good news regarding current activities as well as first details about their upcoming new studio album, which was completed throughout the last months and which will be ready to be launched worldwide via Century Media Records in the autumn of 2010.

Firewind mastermind and current Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Gus G. checks in as follows: "I know it's been a few silent months, but this time we decided to be pretty quiet about the recording process of our new album. Anyways, before we go into revealing more info, we recently did a very fun project which was to be a part of Metal Hammer UK's Tribute CD to Judas Priest, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the British Steel album.

We actually recorded everything for that cover song in our home studios and then passed over the files to Fredrik Nordström / Studio Fredman in Sweden for the mix. This also marks our first recording with our new drummer, Michael Ehre and the end result is killer (in our humble opinion), as we got to cover one of Metal's most classic songs: "Breaking The Law"!

As for our new album, it's scheduled for a release sometime this autumn and the name of it is Days Of Defiance. We'll soon check back and reveal more info, song names, etc."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Firewind
Posted: 27.05.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 89 users
27.05.2010 - 14:01
Riscannon
Hell yeah i can't wait and that cover song is so great
27.05.2010 - 14:07
Andreas
Breaking the Law again... yawn
27.05.2010 - 14:21
SexyCat_1113
Good News£¡
27.05.2010 - 20:16
ClosingWords
I just cant wait to hear new Firewind!!! I'm intrigued to see the album cover too. I've always been a fan of Firewind's covers.
----
"'Cause yesterday don't mean shit,
What's over is over and nothing between.
Yesterday dont mean shit,
Because tomorrow's the day you have to face"

Hits total: 2073 | This month: 4