Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 14.08.2006 - 14:57
I searched for 'Bloodbath'... but found nothing; so here be the place to express your thoughts on the Swedish Death Metal band.

To refresh memories;

Formed: 1999
Official Website: http://bloodbath.biz/
Releases:
- Breeding Death EP (2000)
- Resurrection through Carnage (2002)
- Nightmares Made Flesh (2004)

Now for my thoughts on the band...
They're god damn amazing. Line-ups have been great... sucks that they couldn't find a vocalist to suit their criteria though... Anyway, Bloodbath would have to be among my top 5 favourite bands.
20.06.2009 - 10:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Doc G. on 20.06.2009 at 10:40

You mean Nightmares made Flesh? Yeah it had like 3-4 good songs on it, the rest was just too bland. The first album had that sparse, minimalist rusty sound to it. After they polished and beefed it up it totally killed the awesome b-grade horror film feel that the first album had.

yeah sorry about the "before". imo they just didn't want to make an album sounding the same with the previous.. so they did a totally different production.. but imo it is also a great album...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
20.06.2009 - 10:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Deadmeat on 20.06.2009 at 10:48

You mean Nightmares made Flesh? Yeah it had like 3-4 good songs on it, the rest was just too bland. The first album had that sparse, minimalist rusty sound to it. After they polished and beefed it up it totally killed the awesome b-grade horror film feel that the first album had.

yeah sorry about the "before". imo they just didn't want to make an album sounding the same with the previous.. so they did a totally different production.. but imo it is also a great album...

They did a totally different production from their previous album, but not from other death metal bands, I would have preferred another Resurrection Through Carnage, keep in mind Bloodbath is simply a side project for all the other members, and you can really tell they were almost a tribute band to old school swedish death metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.06.2009 - 11:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Doc G. on 20.06.2009 at 10:55

Written by Deadmeat on 20.06.2009 at 10:48

They did a totally different production from their previous album, but not from other death metal bands, I would have preferred another Resurrection Through Carnage, keep in mind Bloodbath is simply a side project for all the other members, and you can really tell they were almost a tribute band to old school swedish death metal.

i find them a very modern DM band using effects and also riffs which have nothing to do with old school metal. surely it's my opinion and it may change in time as i may be wrong but really i believe this atm..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
29.08.2009 - 15:53
GamlaSonn
Awesome band overall, I think all of their albums are strong, especially The Fathomless Mastery and Nightmares Made Flesh. I prefer Peter's vocals over Mikael's tho.
13.11.2009 - 14:55
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
After the amazing produced ''Ressurection Through Carnage'' I thought this would be a Death metal band like no other, but right after they release two normal and average albums, kinda condemning themselfs to mediocrity.

They are not bad albums, they are just nothing.. easily forgettable. I dont care if Åkerfeldt and Blakkheim are part in this project, the only thing certain is that they screw up in their last two attenpts.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.06.2010 - 02:04
All releases brutalize the shit even more than the last one !

Mock The Fucking Cross!!
11.06.2010 - 10:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Am I just a pussy for missing the old Bloodbath with all the groove? As opposed to new Bloodbath which is all about technicality/being brutal br00tal?
----
- George Carlin
11.06.2010 - 18:11
Got Mayhem?
Written by Doc G. on 11.06.2010 at 10:34

Am I just a pussy for missing the old Bloodbath with all the groove? As opposed to new Bloodbath which is all about technicality/being brutal br00tal?

You definitely are not. I don't really ever listen to TFM. Resurrection and Nightmares are where it's at.
----
11.06.2010 - 18:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Bloodbath definitely peaked with Breeding Death. Their subsequent stuff never reached that height but the Fathomless Mastery was a pretty cool mixture of Nile and Hypocrisy if I remember rightly.
12.06.2010 - 00:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Got Mayhem? on 11.06.2010 at 18:11

You definitely are not. I don't really ever listen to TFM. Resurrection and Nightmares are where it's at.

That's a good album but I will say that Doc is talking more about their debut that it's imo their masterpiece.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2010 - 02:46
Got Mayhem?
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.06.2010 at 00:16

That's a good album but I will say that Doc is talking more about their debut that it's imo their masterpiece.

The debut LP (Resurrection Through Carnage) or demo (Breeding Death)? Both are awesome, I was referring to both the first and second LP's in my post though.
----
12.06.2010 - 18:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Yeah, I understand... I don't like Peter's voice that much so that's why I never really cared too much of the second album and when Mikael was the singer again... the music went downhill.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
12.06.2010 - 21:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff

I was. The first one was so crusty, it was awesome. After that they kinda became over-produced.
----
- George Carlin
13.06.2010 - 00:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 12.06.2010 at 21:29

I was. The first one was so crusty, it was awesome. After that they kinda became over-produced.

You thought 'breeding death' was crusty? I found it be pure old school death and little more.
14.06.2010 - 17:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 13.06.2010 at 00:43

Written by Doc G. on 12.06.2010 at 21:29

You thought 'breeding death' was crusty? I found it be pure old school death and little more.

I was referring more to RTC, it had a very sparse feel to it, in relativity to the later albums. Up to and including RTC there was a pretty simple approach to it which I think is what is missing in a lot of death metal, everyones trying to be more brutal, or more technical, or heavier production. Resurrection was just buzzsaw riffs with minimalist production. Had a unique feel to it.
----
- George Carlin