Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath

14.08.2006 - 14:57
bloodygore
Account deleted
I searched for 'Bloodbath'... but found nothing; so here be the place to express your thoughts on the Swedish Death Metal band.

To refresh memories;

Formed: 1999
Official Website: http://bloodbath.biz/
Releases:
- Breeding Death EP (2000)
- Resurrection through Carnage (2002)
- Nightmares Made Flesh (2004)

Now for my thoughts on the band...
They're god damn amazing. Line-ups have been great... sucks that they couldn't find a vocalist to suit their criteria though... Anyway, Bloodbath would have to be among my top 5 favourite bands.
14.08.2006 - 15:02
sanity_assasin
Account deleted
Yes this band is amazing i love all their works especially Breeding Death, they are among my favorite bands aswell i just cant get enough of them
14.08.2006 - 15:07
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.08.2006 at 15:02

Yes this band is amazing i love all their works especially Breeding Death, they are among my favorite bands aswell i just cant get enough of them

Breeding Death is awesome. Yepyep. But I'd have to say that my favourite song is Eaten.... haha. I love that song so much.
14.08.2006 - 16:34
Vintervarg
Account deleted
I haven't heard the EP, but Resurrection through Carnage and Nightmares Made Flesh were excellent albums. I like the first better. And the line-up is better too.
14.08.2006 - 16:57
matos

yes, great band, i have their full-lenth albums and i might check out the EP too, since you're all giving it a good word.
However i wanted to ask - are they searching for new vocalist ? they god damn should!!
----
14.08.2006 - 17:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I found their EP in this discount CD trade store or something...pretty solid death metal...sounds pretty traditional and from hearing the EP, their two albums must be really good...
14.08.2006 - 21:04
Endoftherainbow

Bloodbath is easily one of my favorite Death Metal bands they play just straight up old school death metal with no bullshit added. All three of their releases are amazing but it's going to be extremely hard for them to ever find a singer who is going to match up to Akerfeldt or Targaten. It's a shame they had to kick Dan Swano out though I wonder who they are going to sound without him. Also now that Axerot is playing drums in Opeth I wonder if they're going to get a new drummer.
14.08.2006 - 22:14
MetalSpider

Bloodbath is one of my favourite DM bands. Their last album especially with Tatgren on vocals was my favourite of the 2 studio albums. Cant wait to see what they do next without Swano and Tagtgren. At least Blakkheim and Axenrot are still part of the band!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
14.08.2006 - 22:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I wish they still had Akerfeldt on vocals cuz there aren't too many people with a better low voice than him. I think Resurrection Through Carnage is better than Nightmares Made Flesh, but they're both really good. One thing that stood out for me, besides Mike's vocals, is the guitar. I can't really explain it....it just sounds unique.
15.08.2006 - 01:51
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
A really great band. Maybe the best all star metal band of all time. They are so amazing because they sound like a modern version of the old-school swedish death metal bands. They are similar to Chaosbreed.
15.08.2006 - 02:35
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by matos on 14.08.2006 at 16:57

yes, great band, i have their full-lenth albums and i might check out the EP too, since you're all giving it a good word.
However i wanted to ask - are they searching for new vocalist ? they god damn should!!

They were looking for a new vocalist for a longgg time... but recently they gave up and put the band on hold; none of the auiditions suited what they wanted.
15.08.2006 - 05:37
tattootildeath
Account deleted
yeah, i would have to say that my favorite song is eaten as well bloodygore! i love the lyrics, the singing, everything.:banger2: dan swano and peter tagtren are amazing!
15.08.2006 - 10:13
sanity_assasin
Account deleted
ahhh yes Eaten how could i forget to mention such a great song definatly close to my favorite Bloodbath song
15.08.2006 - 15:10
matos

Written by Guest on 15.08.2006 at 02:35

They were looking for a new vocalist for a longgg time... but recently they gave up and put the band on hold; none of the auiditions suited what they wanted.

yeah that doesn't suprise me! it's nearly impossible to find substitution for the best two swedish (maybe even worldest) growlers.
----
15.08.2006 - 15:55
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by matos on 15.08.2006 at 15:10

yeah that doesn't suprise me! it's nearly impossible to find substitution for the best two swedish (maybe even worldest) growlers.

That's exactly what they feared; that it would be extremely hard to replace their vocalist and find someone to match up to the likes of Mike Akerfeldt and Peter Tagtgren. It'll also be hard to replace Dan Swano... he was pretty god damn good on guitar...
15.08.2006 - 16:06
Sunioj

Man I really want to hear another Bloodbath disc, those guys are sick and heavy....
15.08.2006 - 16:43
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 15.08.2006 at 16:06

Man I really want to hear another Bloodbath disc, those guys are sick and heavy....

Which album/s have you heard?
15.08.2006 - 21:15
matos

Written by Guest on 15.08.2006 at 15:55

That's exactly what they feared; that it would be extremely hard to replace their vocalist and find someone to match up to the likes of Mike Akerfeldt and Peter Tagtgren. It'll also be hard to replace Dan Swano... he was pretty god damn good on guitar...

Dan Swano quited ?!? ohh if that's so, then... the band is doomed
----
16.08.2006 - 04:28
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by matos on 15.08.2006 at 21:15

Written by Guest on 15.08.2006 at 15:55

Dan Swano quited ?!? ohh if that's so, then... the band is doomed

Well actually it was mutual... he wanted to play less brutal death metal, and the band isn't about that; and this musical difference between them basically broke him out... He didnt want to play brutal death anymore, and that's what the band wants..
16.08.2006 - 15:02
Sunioj

@bloodygore,
I heard all of them, Im a huge fan of Peter and Dan and Mikael in general, and Im hungery for more DM!
16.08.2006 - 16:04
bloodygore
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 16.08.2006 at 15:02

@bloodygore,
I heard all of them, Im a huge fan of Peter and Dan and Mikael in general, and Im hungery for more DM!

haha, ah I see. yeah, it'd be great for another album to come out, but, I dont know if its possible to match their past ones without the vocalist or guitarist.
16.08.2006 - 19:09
MetalorDie
Account deleted
I felt in love with the sound of guitars in Resurrection Through Carnage album. It sounds unique and their disto setting make it brutalll
Bloodbath 4 ever!
17.08.2006 - 04:16
Daru Jericho

I heard them a long time ago and I really really love them. Very agressive. Their latest album is great. I'm still interested in hearing what it would be like without Dan Swano though. Nightmares Made Flesh is a great album, even if it is Akerfeldt-less. Those vocals are still top notch and unrelentless.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.08.2006 - 06:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Love Bloodbath have all their discography and play them often. The 'Breeding Death' has to be one of my favourite EPs released, only three tracks but i enjoy them alot. Dont really have a favourite between 'Resurrection through Carnage' or 'Nightmares Made Flesh' because i play them often. Although Akerfeldt's growls are awsome.... though they always are.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.09.2006 - 18:21
Philaenas
Account deleted
This is absolutely my favourite Brutal Death Metal band. I just love their lyrics and old school style! Resurrection Through Carnage is for me slightly preferred over Nightmares Made Flesh, although both are extremely solid albums to my taste!
04.11.2006 - 11:07
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Accredited to have the "All Star Lineup" always. Bloodbath is one of my fav DM bands, Breeding Death has to be the best ever debut EP, Mickeal's vocals finally are on a one-plain-growling-stream unline Opeth, the musicans are awesome, song writing is brilliant. I have all of their releases, bought them , I some how feel Nightmares through Flesh has not been able to live up to the standards of the music released by the band earlier, i will definitely not attribute this factor to Mickeal's absence, but then, thats my Opinion. Good that i searched for this thread, i was really sure a thread on a band like this cannot be missed.
05.03.2007 - 14:15
Eight
Shapeshifter
Ok, i've got all of Bloodbath now, will listen to them soon.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
09.03.2007 - 02:42
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
Love these guys, they kick ass
11.03.2007 - 10:54
Anathemani@c

Written by Daru Jericho on 17.08.2006 at 04:16

I heard them a long time ago and I really really love them. Very agressive. Their latest album is great. I'm still interested in hearing what it would be like without Dan Swano though. Nightmares Made Flesh is a great album, even if it is Akerfeldt-less. Those vocals are still top notch and unrelentless.

I tottaly agree with you..
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
12.03.2007 - 03:44
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Dangerboner on 14.08.2006 at 22:49

I wish they still had Akerfeldt on vocals cuz there aren't too many people with a better low voice than him. I think Resurrection Through Carnage is better than Nightmares Made Flesh, but they're both really good. One thing that stood out for me, besides Mike's vocals, is the guitar. I can't really explain it....it just sounds unique.

I agree, when I first heard "Buried By The Dead" which was the first song I heard by Bloodbath I was taken away, and the guitar's made me think of refined chainsaw's, and that's how I have described Bloodbaths' music to people "Guitar's that sound like chainsaw's."

I actually just recently re-acquired the three Bloodbath album's and remembered why I liked them so much a few year's ago, and are definitely one of the best death metal band's period, probably my favourite with Cannibal Corpse taking a very close second place. Resurrection Through Carnage and Nightmare's Made Flesh are actually quite differant from one another, which is great because it's almost like two differant band's in a way, but I would have to say that Resurrection is my preferred album because of Mikael's vocal's and the unique guitar's, it's just fucking brutal.