Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 14.08.2006 - 14:57
I searched for 'Bloodbath'... but found nothing; so here be the place to express your thoughts on the Swedish Death Metal band.

To refresh memories;

Formed: 1999
Official Website: http://bloodbath.biz/
Releases:
- Breeding Death EP (2000)
- Resurrection through Carnage (2002)
- Nightmares Made Flesh (2004)

Now for my thoughts on the band...
They're god damn amazing. Line-ups have been great... sucks that they couldn't find a vocalist to suit their criteria though... Anyway, Bloodbath would have to be among my top 5 favourite bands.
09.04.2007 - 23:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just picked up Resurrection through Carnage, at first I thought the album was pretty boring death metal, but at 'Death Delirium' the album just picks up unbelievably, the riffs get really eerie in Death Delirium, and the rythm in 'Buried By The Dead' is unbelievably catchy, right now im listening to 'Bathe In Blood' and the greatness doesnt seem to be letting down, the first 3 tracks were just bummers though.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.04.2007 - 19:11
Sunioj
Written by Doc G. on 09.04.2007 at 23:49

I just picked up Resurrection through Carnage, at first I thought the album was pretty boring death metal, but at 'Death Delirium' the album just picks up unbelievably, the riffs get really eerie in Death Delirium, and the rythm in 'Buried By The Dead' is unbelievably catchy, right now im listening to 'Bathe In Blood' and the greatness doesnt seem to be letting down, the first 3 tracks were just bummers though.

Yeah those songs are really catchy..the album isnt bad but some of the songs do hold the perfection of the album down. But IMO nightmares made flesh was a HUGE improvement. The drumming, the guitarwork etc.
10.04.2007 - 23:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 10.04.2007 at 19:11

Written by Doc G. on 09.04.2007 at 23:49

Yeah those songs are really catchy..the album isnt bad but some of the songs do hold the perfection of the album down. But IMO nightmares made flesh was a HUGE improvement. The drumming, the guitarwork etc.

Yeah I find the buzzing sounding guitars gets tedious after a while, and it sounds weak if you dont have it on the right speakers. Are the guitars on NMF the same?
----
- George Carlin
10.04.2007 - 23:27
Sunioj
IMO yes, they are more melodic and they definetly dont buzz as much. Also theres more structure and harmony between the rythm and lead. You should check it out man.
10.04.2007 - 23:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
I thought it is old Serbian trash metal from 80's lol
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
14.04.2007 - 01:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So I just got the second Bloobath album, I find its not nearly as good as the first one, Ressurection Through Carnage had a really unique sound, I find Nightmares Made Flesh a wee bit bland, I mean its ok, but im glad I bought RTC first, if I bought NMF first I probaby wouldnt have gotten anoth Bloodbath album.
----
- George Carlin
14.04.2007 - 01:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 14.04.2007 at 01:30

So I just got the second Bloobath album, I find its not nearly as good as the first one, Ressurection Through Carnage had a really unique sound, I find Nightmares Made Flesh a wee bit bland, I mean its ok, but im glad I bought RTC first, if I bought NMF first I probaby wouldnt have gotten anoth Bloodbath album.

Yeah, I don't care much for Nightmare Made Flesh. I think it's because Dan Swano didn't play on it...err at least I don't think he did...
14.04.2007 - 01:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 14.04.2007 at 01:40

Written by Doc G. on 14.04.2007 at 01:30

Yeah, I don't care much for Nightmare Made Flesh. I think it's because Dan Swano didn't play on it...err at least I don't think he did...

I think he took guitars on that album instead of drums if im not mistaken.
----
- George Carlin
14.04.2007 - 19:02
Sunioj
REally?? I thought that at first but the first album got really outplayed for me...but the second album I appreciated much more then the first thats for sure.
17.04.2007 - 01:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@ hellraizer

What I like about the first album is it had more of a sense of humour to it it seemed, I found it a little more fun I guess, the newer one seems to take itself more seriously, or atleast thats the impression I get.
----
- George Carlin
17.04.2007 - 18:32
Sunioj
I guess thats true, the lyrics definetly have a part in that...its good old fashioned light hearted gore lyrics. I would also say one quality about the first album is that the sound is close to old school melodic swedish Dm, which one of my favorites subgenres.
17.04.2007 - 23:35
Trifixion
Account deleted
Yeah I guess in a way the second album was a bit more serious. It had a darker tone to it...I think Peter being on vocals had something to do with that, a little if anything.
18.04.2007 - 01:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, my issue with it was that the riffs weren't as good and the drumming was a little bland. RTC is catchier and more brutal, and some of those riffs just pierce through my head.
18.04.2007 - 02:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@ Pyroleprechaun

Agreed, though the riffs in the first one didnt have the deeper more atmospheric cleaner guitar sound that the second album had, they were alot catchier, they stayed in your head longer. The only song off of the second album that stuck in my head was 'Eaten' because it reminded me of sesame street for some reason.
----
- George Carlin
18.04.2007 - 02:56
Sunioj
Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2007 at 02:50

The only song off of the second album that stuck in my head was 'Eaten' because it reminded me of sesame street for some reason.

18.04.2007 - 02:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 18.04.2007 at 02:56

Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2007 at 02:50

The only song off of the second album that stuck in my head was 'Eaten' because it reminded me of sesame street for some reason.

I think its mostly the chorus. "My only wish is to be EATEN!" the way he says it makes me laugh. Oh I also forgot to mention 'Brave New Hell' in the songs that stuck out for me, I like the rythm of that song alot.
----
- George Carlin
19.04.2007 - 07:36
Raptus666
Yesterday I listened 'Bloodbath - Nightmare made flesh' first time. I wasn't even heard bloodbath before and I really liked this album. I don't know is there any super riffs or something like that, becouse I haven't listened it with care yet. But already the totality sounds a great!

Day after day death metal kicks ass more and more...
01.05.2007 - 19:20
Vulture
Account deleted
Love them!!!! Damn, they are the best. Those guitar riffs and lyrics are making me insane!! I would like to see them live, but I'm not sure that this will ever happen
Just read that in August they are releasing new EP, so I can't wait for it!! There has been 3 years interruption and I hope that soon we will get full studio album!!
Stay true, listen to Bloodbath
02.05.2007 - 10:16
GoddessOfGore
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.05.2007 at 19:20

Love them!!!! Damn, they are the best. Those guitar riffs and lyrics are making me insane!! I would like to see them live, but I'm not sure that this will ever happen
Just read that in August they are releasing new EP, so I can't wait for it!! There has been 3 years interruption and I hope that soon we will get full studio album!!

I'm looking forward to hearing the vocalist try to top Mikael.
02.05.2007 - 19:22
Damnated
Churchburner
the only death metal band i enjoy and love. They were literary a super group, too bad that Dan and Mike left. dunno if they can top their previous works, but i'm looking forward to the new ep nevertheless.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.05.2007 - 20:33
Lathronniel
Older albums great with Swano and Mike...great riffs and blasts
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
04.05.2007 - 20:55
Basso
Account deleted
At first I thought theese guys where quite boring.... But they grew on me, both albums are great.
05.05.2007 - 04:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Raptus666 on 19.04.2007 at 07:36

Yesterday I listened 'Bloodbath - Nightmare made flesh' first time. I wasn't even heard bloodbath before and I really liked this album. I don't know is there any super riffs or something like that, becouse I haven't listened it with care yet. But already the totality sounds a great!

Id definitly get 'Ressurection through Carnage', its not quite as heavy as NMF, but I find the riffs alot catchier and the vocals way better (Mikael Akerfeldt). In fact I find NMF very weak in comparison to RTC, though Brave New Hell is a killer song.
----
- George Carlin
05.05.2007 - 12:22
Sunioj
Written by Damnated on 02.05.2007 at 19:22

the only death metal band i enjoy and love. They were literary a super group, too bad that Dan and Mike left. dunno if they can top their previous works, but i'm looking forward to the new ep nevertheless.

So you like Resurrection through Carnage....have you ever tried listening to Dismember or Entombed? RTC is pretty similar in style, I think you would like it!
06.05.2007 - 16:36
Raptus666
Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2007 at 04:51

Written by Raptus666 on 19.04.2007 at 07:36

Id definitly get 'Ressurection through Carnage', its not quite as heavy as NMF, but I find the riffs alot catchier and the vocals way better (Mikael Akerfeldt). In fact I find NMF very weak in comparison to RTC, though Brave New Hell is a killer song.

Thanks for info. I will listen Ressurection throught Carnage next and tell my opinion.
06.05.2007 - 22:00
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Sunioj on 05.05.2007 at 12:22

Written by Damnated on 02.05.2007 at 19:22

So you like Resurrection through Carnage....have you ever tried listening to Dismember or Entombed? RTC is pretty similar in style, I think you would like it!

thanx for the recommendations, but i'm not interested in death metal. i listen to some bloodbath and akercoke from time to time, but that's it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.05.2007 - 22:09
angel
Account deleted
i love bloodbath^^ resurrection thorugh carnage is a great album and i iust love "the soulcollector" because of lyrics and "buried by the dead" because of this special ryhtm.

..i also love katatonia =)
10.05.2007 - 12:55
Nazeef
Written by Guest on 01.05.2007 at 19:20

I think difficulties of seeing them live is not concerning only you, they are like a side project (mixing Dan Swano, Hypocrisy, Diabolical Masquerade and more...) they performed live before, but I think they will appear like a fullmoon, from time to time, Hope these guys will devote themselves to BLOODBATH, I really admire them.
by the way, I just wanted to know; is it Mikael Akerfield (Opeth) who recorded Nightmare Made Flesh or Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy) who did it? They are really brilliant, so they sound similarly!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
10.05.2007 - 18:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Nazeef on 10.05.2007 at 12:55

by the way, I just wanted to know; is it Mikael Akerfield (Opeth) who recorded Nightmare Made Flesh or Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy) who did it? They are really brilliant, so they sound similarly!!

It was Peter on that record.

Not sure if im excited that their releasing something - suposedly - this year or not. If it were either of the previous line ups then yeah id be over the moon, but doubt they could find someone that was as good as both Mikael or Peter.

Come to think of it, is the new vocalist revealed yet?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.05.2007 - 18:50
Sunioj
Actually it does sound like a recording that peter would do judgeing by sound...signature Tagtren sound..