Metal Storm logo
Bloodbath

Original post

Posted by , 14.08.2006 - 14:57
I searched for 'Bloodbath'... but found nothing; so here be the place to express your thoughts on the Swedish Death Metal band.

To refresh memories;

Formed: 1999
Official Website: http://bloodbath.biz/
Releases:
- Breeding Death EP (2000)
- Resurrection through Carnage (2002)
- Nightmares Made Flesh (2004)

Now for my thoughts on the band...
They're god damn amazing. Line-ups have been great... sucks that they couldn't find a vocalist to suit their criteria though... Anyway, Bloodbath would have to be among my top 5 favourite bands.
24.08.2008 - 23:50
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 24.08.2008 at 23:09

Written by Guest on 24.08.2008 at 21:56

i remeber when i first heard eaten i was like holy shit is this the same dude from opeth?? and my friend was like yea
its shocked me to know it was him.
i love this band

Unfortunately your friend was wrong, because the vocalist on Eaten is st. Peter Tagtgren from Hypocrisy..

I like the Bloodbath with Peter Tagtgren... Although Mikael Akerfeldt is talented and has a great voice, but not as powerful as Tagtgren..

really?? wow
either way there both very talented vocalist
25.08.2008 - 00:10
sq_xeper

Unfortunately your friend was wrong, because the vocalist on Eaten is st. Peter Tagtgren from Hypocrisy..

I like the Bloodbath with Peter Tagtgren... Although Mikael Akerfeldt is talented and has a great voice, but not as powerful as Tagtgren..

I think Peter is a fucking genious and it sounds better than the previous records but have you heard Unblessing the Purity? Mikael surely improves his growling vocals and in The Wacken Carnage proves us that he can use his voice in an entire set. Plus that EP its just preview of their next record and Im sure its going to be brutal as hell
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
25.08.2008 - 01:26
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by sq_xeper on 25.08.2008 at 00:10

I think Peter is a fucking genious and it sounds better than the previous records but have you heard Unblessing the Purity? Mikael surely improves his growling vocals and in The Wacken Carnage proves us that he can use his voice in an entire set. Plus that EP its just preview of their next record and Im sure its going to be brutal as hell

yea dude i agree
and YESS!!! there new album is going to be brutal
26.08.2008 - 17:35
-Soulreaper-

I picked up the Wacken Carnage album a couple weeks ago and Mikael's vocals on it were just awesome. He definitely proved that he can hang in there with doing the grunts for a whole set. Hah, my wife came home when I was watching the DVD and she was like "Is that Mikael from Opeth? He's pretty damn scary there." I thought it was pretty funny. I picked up the new EP sometime ago too and that had some really damn brutal songs.
08.09.2008 - 04:20
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
new album is sounding pretty awesome and fully brutal! will need to give a couple more listens though... AT THE BEHEST OF THEIR DEATH! anyone else heard it yet?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
08.09.2008 - 06:19
MetalSpider

I heard it! Im loving it! Its a crushing album! I'll be listening to this one for a while.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
08.09.2008 - 10:57
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
New album is very much a good listen indeed and by far their heaviest offering yet. Only listened to it once but reminds me a little of Hypocrisy with Nile-esque vocals. Thought I'd be disappointed they'd adandoned their groovy, old-school feel but it's way to good for that. Recommended!
08.09.2008 - 14:46
matos

you bloody pirates! downloading album more than month before the actual release! shame on you!
no just kidding, torrent added, downloading right now, i might buy it later, really looking forward to what i'm about to hear
----
08.09.2008 - 20:37
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
I like bloodbaths new album but i definately dont think its as good as ressurection through carnage.
04.10.2008 - 09:37
Ereinion
Account deleted
The new album is really nice but it will tak some time to fully grow on me
19.10.2008 - 23:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I've listened only Nightmares Made Flesh album. It sounds great and I'm looking forward to hearing the new album!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
27.10.2008 - 07:49
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Eh, this latest album from the band is just not good enough to hold my attention for so many tracks. I have to say, that I think the band should have skipped releasing the teaser EP earlier this year and just saved those tracks for the full-length, so that at least the album would not have been so dry. To me, this latest one just pales in comparison to everything else they've released!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
28.10.2008 - 00:08
Until the End

I've listened to this new album a number of times and come to the conclusion that it's not as easy to listen as their previous 2.

To begin with I thought it wasn't good at all but after a while it has grown on me more, not enough to keep my full interest though. There's some really good songs, 'Hades Rising' and 'Iesous' are nice. For me though, there's nothing inparticular on this album that sticks in the brain.

Bring back the groove. Oh no, actually, they got rid of Swano so that's out of the question.
01.11.2008 - 05:41
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Bloodbath have always been a very technically tight band. I really like how they didn't really try to do anything groundbreaking but still manage to make some very cool music. Its because they have such talented people in the band.

I'm still debating on weather to get The Fathomless Mastery or The Wacken Carnage. I really like a few songs on the new release bu have heard its somewhat stale. On The other hand I like live albums a lot and I've heard from a few people that The Wacken Carnage is very solid. any input would be great.
----
Coldgrits
01.11.2008 - 07:57
RockeRoy

The Fathomless Mastery is amaizing, every damn song is great. i love that it have more progressive elements than their later albums.
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
02.11.2008 - 00:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by -DC-002- on 01.11.2008 at 05:41

Bloodbath have always been a very technically tight band. I really like how they didn't really try to do anything groundbreaking but still manage to make some very cool music. Its because they have such talented people in the band.

I'm still debating on weather to get The Fathomless Mastery or The Wacken Carnage. I really like a few songs on the new release bu have heard its somewhat stale. On The other hand I like live albums a lot and I've heard from a few people that The Wacken Carnage is very solid. any input would be great.

From what I've listened to of the new album, it is pretty stale I find. The Wacken Carnage on the other hand is fantastic, I'm a big fan of live albums myself, and this one probably ranks up there with Motorheads "No Sleep Till Hamersmith" and Overkills "Wrecking Everything". So personally I say you get the live one, and as a bonus, if you buy the same one I did it comes with the DVD of the performance (not sure if every version comes with it)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.11.2008 - 07:32
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Doc G. on 02.11.2008 at 00:36

From what I've listened to of the new album, it is pretty stale I find. The Wacken Carnage on the other hand is fantastic, I'm a big fan of live albums myself, and this one probably ranks up there with Motorheads "No Sleep Till Hamersmith" and Overkills "Wrecking Everything". So personally I say you get the live one, and as a bonus, if you buy the same one I did it comes with the DVD of the performance (not sure if every version comes with it)

Interesting, I had actually forgotten about the live disc release, because I've never seen a copy of it before. Definitely going to have to look into this one, it seems it may have the energy that I was looking for on the new studio album, but did not find! It may just be, though, that what I miss most is (as has been said previously) Dan Swano, and the melody he added, so hearing the older songs in live form may be just what I need!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.11.2008 - 07:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Thanks. I guess its The Wacken Carnage then. I really like Resurrection Through Carnage but if The Fathomless Mastery is a great step down then I think I'll pass.
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 08:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Jason W. on 03.11.2008 at 07:32

Interesting, I had actually forgotten about the live disc release, because I've never seen a copy of it before. Definitely going to have to look into this one, it seems it may have the energy that I was looking for on the new studio album, but did not find! It may just be, though, that what I miss most is (as has been said previously) Dan Swano, and the melody he added, so hearing the older songs in live form may be just what I need!

Yeah that probably is the problem, I'd never noticed before because I don't really listen to any other Dan Swano material, so it was more of a coincidence for me...less of an actual correlation. But yeah, live album & DVD are well worth hunting it down.
----
- George Carlin
06.11.2008 - 09:06
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
New album nameless horror or something pretty solid... pretty good death metal IMO... i read somewhere that akerfeld was described as the "golden-throated" lead singer of this band haha awesome.
17.06.2009 - 22:27
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
After hearing their 1st album (i've also heard nightmares...) there is only one fucking thing i can say: if this band was a full time band and had a bit more albums then: 1)they'd be my all-time fav band, 2)they'd be a fuckin DM monster. i mean M O N S T E R!!!!!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.06.2009 - 22:34
Got Mayhem?

I thought the last release was a bit weaker than others. The songs were less catchy and more forgettable. However, the Unblessing the Purity EP was fantastic. BB should have saved those songs for the last album, would have made it alot better.
Awesome band
----
18.06.2009 - 23:52
Vunts

I liked the first EP, I enjoyed their first album, I loved their 2nd album, I hated the 2nd EP and I disliked the 3rd album. This is the summary of Bloodbath from my end.
The best songs were from the 1st album, but the 2nd album was consistently good. From the 3rd, I had some songs that I liked. The only one that I barely remember is 'Hades Rising', but generally the 3rd album was less memorable, thus worse.
19.06.2009 - 11:06
Crast

Written by Vunts on 18.06.2009 at 23:52

I liked the first EP, I enjoyed their first album, I loved their 2nd album, I hated the 2nd EP and I disliked the 3rd album. This is the summary of Bloodbath from my end.
The best songs were from the 1st album, but the 2nd album was consistently good. From the 3rd, I had some songs that I liked. The only one that I barely remember is 'Hades Rising', but generally the 3rd album was less memorable, thus worse.

Almost the same way as I feel. Except that I think that the second album is bloody amazing. I don't mind the fake buzzsaw guitars
or anything.

I think that after Dan Swanö left the band, they lost the one making everything full of groove. The new album isn't outright bad, it's
just quite stale and boring.

I'm glad I got to see them at Wacken, just a bit pissed that they didn't play Cry My Name. (They had rehearsed it and everything, they
just didn't have enough time, )

.:crast:.
19.06.2009 - 14:10
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
When I've listened to stuff on youtube I see hundreds of people saying they're the best band ever and crap like that, but they don't come anywhere near any of the old swedish DM classics. They've got the sound and are all class musicians and there's some great riffs, but they don't reach those heights. The songwriting isn't that good and Akerfeldt's vocals sound a bit strange and processed too.
19.06.2009 - 15:18
Doomed
Account deleted
This band is my favorit all te times .....it's enough that this band gathered three of death metal Icons
i mean .."Mikael Åkerfeldt " , "Peter Tägtgren" and my idol "Dan Swano"
this a deth metal band coming from HELL
19.06.2009 - 15:26
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 19.06.2009 at 14:10

The songwriting isn't that good

in the 1 st album they have at least 6-7/10 GREAT songs and in the second at least 7/12 also great songs! what about the song writing???
----
20.06.2009 - 07:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Deadmeat on 19.06.2009 at 15:26

in the 1 st album they have at least 6-7/10 GREAT songs and in the second at least 7/12 also great songs! what about the song writing???

The first one was great, crunchy, grooving death metal. After that they just became really really generic.
----
- George Carlin
20.06.2009 - 10:37
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Doc G. on 20.06.2009 at 07:52

The first one was great, crunchy, grooving death metal. After that they just became really really generic.

why are you saying that??? nightmares before flesh has great songs, and those who are not great have really great moments...
----
20.06.2009 - 10:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Deadmeat on 20.06.2009 at 10:37

Written by Doc G. on 20.06.2009 at 07:52

why are you saying that??? nightmares before flesh has great songs, and those who are not great have really great moments...

You mean Nightmares made Flesh? Yeah it had like 3-4 good songs on it, the rest was just too bland. The first album had that sparse, minimalist rusty sound to it. After they polished and beefed it up it totally killed the awesome b-grade horror film feel that the first album had.
----
- George Carlin