08. Dominator
09. Let's All Go
10. Lust Almighty

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 75 users
30.05.2010 - 17:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
According to wikipedia there's a review for this album. Where is it?
01.07.2010 - 07:08
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Guest on 30.05.2010 at 17:01

Yeah... for some reason they put the Users Rating as if it was an official MS review
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.07.2010 - 10:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Uirapuru on 01.07.2010 at 07:08

Written by Guest on 30.05.2010 at 17:01

Yeah... for some reason they put the Users Rating as if it was an official MS review

Heh that's odd O.o
13.03.2013 - 19:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Gah, this really is a fantastic album.
17.07.2014 - 06:27
Rating: 6
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 13.03.2013 at 19:02

Gah, this really is a fantastic album.

It's my least favourite of that era. Care to tell me, a year after the comment, why you like it?
17.07.2014 - 11:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 17.07.2014 at 06:27

It's my least favourite of that era. Care to tell me, a year after the comment, why you like it?

Not really sure. The 2 albums prior to this always felt very dry to me and felt like dirges of industrially post-punk without much form and never really did anything for me, whereas here it feels like a nice balance between that abrasive sound and the dark melodies of Night Time. Coleman sounds more like I imagine him to be on this one and more or less defines his sound. He actually sort of sings here and explores his vocal range a lot more (I guess he sings a fair amount in the debut though, which I prefer to the 2 albums after it). Just feels tighter and with more memorable tracks I suppose. I just love the whole court jester / tribal atmosphere it has going on.

Just occurred to me I don't think I've ever heard Outside The Gate.
17.07.2014 - 15:10
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 17.07.2014 at 11:54

Not really sure. The 2 albums prior to this always felt very dry to me and felt like dirges of industrially post-punk without much form and never really did anything for me, whereas here it feels like a nice balance between that abrasive sound and the dark melodies of Night Time. Coleman sounds more like I imagine him to be on this one and more or less defines his sound. He actually sort of sings here and explores his vocal range a lot more (I guess he sings a fair amount in the debut though, which I prefer to the 2 albums after it). Just feels tighter and with more memorable tracks I suppose. I just love the whole court jester / tribal atmosphere it has going on.

Just occurred to me I don't think I've ever heard Outside The Gate.

Okay. I understand. That's the thing, I can't make head or tails of this album, Revelations and What's This For. I never listened to them very often, but they're too chaotic for me. I don't mind the abrasive sound of them, but it's really a song structure thing. Of course I love the debut, and Night Time is one of my favourite, but I just wanted to know why you seemed to like this one so much, while I have difficulty even distinguishing it from the previous two.

Outside The Gate is great. It's in the vein of the previous two. I mean there's America in it, don't tell me you never heard that song.
17.07.2014 - 15:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 17.07.2014 at 15:10

Okay. I understand. That's the thing, I can't make head or tails of this album, Revelations and What's This For. I never listened to them very often, but they're too chaotic for me. I don't mind the abrasive sound of them, but it's really a song structure thing. Of course I love the debut, and Night Time is one of my favourite, but I just wanted to know why you seemed to like this one so much, while I have difficulty even distinguishing it from the previous two.

Outside The Gate is great. It's in the vein of the previous two. I mean there's America in it, don't tell me you never heard that song.

Umm, probably, not very good with song names =P

Seems we partially agree then, though it's funny our opinions of this one went north and south. This one definitely has that chaotic feel, but I find it's bound together quite nicely with melody and structure.
17.07.2014 - 15:55
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 17.07.2014 at 15:32

Umm, probably, not very good with song names =P

Seems we partially agree then, though it's funny our opinions of this one went north and south. This one definitely has that chaotic feel, but I find it's bound together quite nicely with melody and structure.

Are you good with anything? Don't say me mum.
Yeah. I am actually going through Killing Joke's discography chronologically, which I never did before. I thought I liked the albums between the debut and Night Time a lot more. I guess by the time I made it to this one, I was fed up with what I heard in the previous two that I found in it as well. It probably wasn't a good idea to listen to them back to back.

Hits total: 7537 | This month: 20