Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - New Album Progress

Norwegian symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir proudly announce their collaboration with Norwegian composer and Berklee College of Music summa cum laude alumnus Gaute Storaas in addition to the 51 members of KORK (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra) and the 38-member Schola Cantorum Choir for their as-yet-untitled new album. To date, over 101(!) musicians have lent their talents to the making of the album.

Composer Gaute Storaas shares some insight on what it's like to work with Dimmu Borgir: "There have been several attempts of dressing up rock bands in suits, bow ties, and symphonic splendor - to various degrees of success. Working with Dimmu Borgir is quite different. Their music is epic, thematic and symphonic already from the creation; they are clearly having an orchestral approach to composing. My role in this is sometimes just to transcribe their themes, sometimes to take their ideas, tear them apart and build them back up in ways that are true to the band's intentions. The music must also be both interesting and playable for the musicians, and hopefully, meet the quality standards of the orchestral world."

Dimmu Borgir's ninth studio album will be released in Germany on October 8th, in the rest of Europe on October 11th, and in North America on October 12th.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 01.06.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 321 users
04.06.2010 - 17:24
SatyriconChick

@corrupt - Yeah, I figured they would go back to that style, too, or at least the Spiritual Black Dimensions style, sans the clean vocals, of course.
05.06.2010 - 22:36
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by SatyriconChick on 04.06.2010 at 17:24

@corrupt - Yeah, I figured they would go back to that style, too, or at least the Spiritual Black Dimensions style, sans the clean vocals, of course.

They'd need a keyboard for that style though. I wouldn't mind that either. But in general I prefer albums that know how and when to slow down at times. That sort of subtle variance to the sound that makes an album unique. Dimmu Borgir's very old stuff is pretty good in that regard.
----
05.06.2010 - 23:17
saman zr

Written by AngelofDeth on 02.06.2010 at 01:28

This sounds like its gonna be sick.

i just waITING for new album of dimmu borgir thats so very very good
08.06.2010 - 01:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
"Norwegian symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir proudly announce their collaboration with Norwegian composer and Berklee College of Music summa cum laude alumnus Gaute Storaas in addition to the 51 members of KORK (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra) and the 38-member Schola Cantorum Choir for their as-yet-untitled new album. To date, over 101(!) musicians have lent their talents to the making of the album.
"

..Damn, that makes me curious. This is an interesting concept. Let's hope something interesting comes out of this instead of a big heaping pile of mediocrity. (sp?)
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.

Hits total: 6336 | This month: 10