Metal Storm logo
Christ Illusion (Slayer)

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 15.08.2006 - 10:32
Just posing the question and a discusion...
Do you think that the new slayer album 'Christ Illusion' is comparable to the era '86 - '90?

Here is my opinion...
This is the best album slayer has released in 16 years... Its a band that sounds so much more at home with dave lombardo on drums... Although its still not quite in the same league as Seasons in the Abyss... But its got the right sound. Its great to see slayer back on top of their game in terms of studio releases.
11.12.2006 - 10:55
*Septic_Schizo*
Account deleted
This is a great album in my opinion, Its up there for my favourite album this year. My favourite tracks would be "Flesh Storm" & "Skeleton Christ"
11.12.2006 - 13:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Christ Illusion is IMO the best Slayer done since Reign in Blood! I do think this album is even better than South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss. I think I'd consider CI to be Slayer's third best work and Hell Awaits their second best.
The songs on CI are excellent live and Jihad and Cult are some of the best songs ever from this band! I LOVE CHRIST ILLUSION!
----
02.12.2007 - 20:19
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Well I really love this album, infact i'm listening to it as I type lol. It isn't better then RIB, SOH or Seasons though. It's definetly better then all their albums since Seasons, and I really don't understand why it's so frowned upon, maybe people just get their hopes up for an album like RIB and disappoint themselves when the album is no where near that good lol.
02.12.2007 - 21:46
bucky01403
Account deleted
One of my least favorite Slayer albums, big disappointment. Flesh Storm and Jihad are cool though.
02.12.2007 - 22:31
Woutjinho
Account deleted
best work since one and a half decade, but doesnt mean its any good.
I think its okay, its an avarage album compared to all other albums released in the last few years
I liked Flesh Storm, Jihad and Cult in the beginning. now I just think Cult is the only good song.
compared to elder songs, its quite a good song. better than any song of South Of Heaven and half of Seasons In The Abyss in my opinion.

its not a disappointment to me, I thought they would release some shitty album like God Hates Us All again
03.12.2007 - 23:04
Smurfophagist
I agree with Woutjinho. And I think that Seasons In The Abyss is better than Christ illusion, but, what the hell. My favorite song from Christ Illusion would be Jihad, but i still don't think it could beat any of the songs from Seasons In The Abyss.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
04.12.2007 - 00:28
mankvill
It's their best since Seasons, but I think that's it. Not terrible, but not great.
04.12.2007 - 02:27
TheReaperBuzznet
Account deleted
No, not even close, in fact I prefer most of the Bostaph era Slayer to it. Which is not to say I don't like it. I do. I like every Slayer album, but I have to admit that I am a Slayer apologist, they have been my favorite band basically since I first discovered them many years ago. I think Christ Illusion has been overhyped and is probably their second worst album, only ahead of Diabolus in Musica. A lot of that could be because I really like both Divine Intervention and God Hates Us All, which many people seem to not. I guess I can understand why some people don't like GHUA, it is slower and some of the songs are somewhat generic, but I don't get the thumbs down opinion on Divine Intervention. The only thing I can see wrong with the album is that it follows the same template as those that came before it, but tons of bands do that. I don't see anyone saying And Justice is bad because it follows the same template as Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets.
04.12.2007 - 04:53
bucky01403
Account deleted
Divine Intervention is Slayer's best album.
04.12.2007 - 06:38
villain
Christ Illusion - sucks to say the least
It is but a weak attempt at doing another 'Reign in Blood'. Need they be reminded that this is not 1986? Nothing can bringback albums like 'Hell Awaits' and 'Reign in Blood'.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
05.12.2007 - 19:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I like Christ Illusion, I think they wrote good songs for this one. I'm still enjoying the lyrics. I dont find it boring at all.
Considering what they have achieved so far and their longevity I think they deserve
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.12.2007 - 22:59
IllNiñoSweden
I like Christ Illusion, the best song is Cult on this album.
But I wish to have for christmas Reign in Blood.
And I think their album (Reign in Blood) is the best album that Slayer have done.
06.12.2007 - 16:29
Christ Illussion is one of the best albums the last decade! Every time slayer have a new album all extreme bands listen it and copy the feauture sound of extreme metal madness.
07.12.2007 - 11:45
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.12.2007 at 23:04

I agree with Woutjinho. And I think that Seasons In The Abyss is better than Christ illusion, but, what the hell. My favorite song from Christ Illusion would be Jihad, but i still don't think it could beat any of the songs from Seasons In The Abyss.

I meant the song Cult was better than any song of South of Heaven and half of Seasons In The Abyss.
but looking at it to the whole album... Seasons In The Abyss is way better than Christ Illussion.
07.12.2007 - 13:05
VPeter
I have to say I like the album, alltought mine expectations weren't that high, espcailly cult was a awefull song but I like the rest of the album.
08.12.2007 - 00:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by villain on 04.12.2007 at 06:38

It is but a weak attempt at doing another 'Reign in Blood'.

This doesn't make any sense. My avatar makes more sense than what you said.
16.12.2007 - 13:52
villain
well too bad then
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
25.12.2007 - 20:47
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
IMO, CI is their best since seasons.
i didnt really like divine intervention or diablolus much
28.12.2007 - 12:07
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 08.12.2007 at 00:48

Written by villain on 04.12.2007 at 06:38

It is but a weak attempt at doing another 'Reign in Blood'.

This doesn't make any sense. My avatar makes more sense than what you said.

it sure does
28.12.2007 - 15:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
I haven't fucking listened to Christ Illusion in a year and according to my latest post I think it's better than South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss? Well, I fucking doubt myself but we'll see as soon as I buy it.
----
30.12.2007 - 22:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by divine_king13 on 06.12.2007 at 16:29

Christ Illussion is one of the best albums the last decade! Every time slayer have a new album all extreme bands listen it and copy the feauture sound of extreme metal madness.

IMO Slayer goes down by each album, thay havnt realise good stuff since 1992 and by extreme metal madness it was in 80ties, nowdyas its boring
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.12.2007 - 15:57
BlackMin
Account deleted
Their newest album got boring as fuck after few listens, nowadays i just cant listen to it except few better songs. Ah well, thers enought Slayer for me with their five first albums.
02.01.2008 - 21:32
Nyxgrinder
Consferacy is so fast that I can't believe they can bang their head that pace:banger:
04.01.2008 - 18:29
torniojaws
I like half of the songs, but the other half is kind of boring and run of the mill for them. It's not too bad after GHUA and DIM.
----
Vortech - New album out! VortechMusic.com Industrial Death Metal
05.01.2008 - 04:17
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Christ Illusion is for sure, a big step up from their other releases in the 90's. They're for sure going back to their old sound, although not quite achieving the greatness of Reign in Blood and such. Still it's a good start, it's nice to see Slayer playing that good old evil thrash
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
06.01.2008 - 07:47
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
King is a great guitarist, but Slayer is so overrated. God Hates Us All had a number of good tracks, although there are about three or four tracks that share extremely similar riffs.

Maybe it's because I only listened to Christ Illusion two or three times, but I didn't think it sounded like their old material and quite frankly it's their worst work ever. Slayer needs to throw in the towel before they run their career into the dirt.
06.01.2008 - 21:12
RhysTerk
Yeah, of course CI is comparable to that era
IMO i think that Slayer with God hates us all and Christ illusion moved back to the quality of their better albums like Reign in blood and Seasons in the abyss.
06.01.2008 - 21:27
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
it's good for what it is, but it's crap for being a slayer album. the mighty have fallen, 20 years ago.
18.02.2008 - 04:11
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Its a great album with the only bad song being consfearacy
----
Coldgrits
18.02.2008 - 04:21
stigma77
Account deleted
Not in the same league as Reign in Blood or Seasons but, still a good album (and better than everything they released after decede of aggression)