Metal Storm logo
The easiest guitar song in the world

15.08.2006 - 12:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ok so,what is the easiest guitar song in the world?once i saw in this site,it said "iron man is not the easiest song ever"-that means people consider it extemely easy.i looked at the tab,and wtf? sure,it's not THAT technical,but still,i personally can't do it...
imo the easiest guitar song in the world is nirvana's "come as you are"-the easiest riff i ever heard
15.08.2006 - 16:08
Endoftherainbow

The easiest song to play in the entire world is most likely "One Note Song" by Tenacious D it's just one note and they bend it once and awhile. By the way what's the point of this thread?
15.08.2006 - 16:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,when i was thinking about the easiest song in thw world,i wasn't thinking about crap like you mentioned earlier,but stuff that actually sound good and can be reccomended to total guitar noobs
15.08.2006 - 16:38
Endoftherainbow

Then it would help if you try to be more clear on what your looking for in the thread by explaining what you want people to post instead of just asking what "the easiest song in the world" is.

I would suggest for someone learning to play guitar to start off with something like Smoke on the Water, Iron Man, Paranoid, or by playing some punks songs, or they could learn the 12 bar blues.
15.08.2006 - 17:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i can't understand why people consider iron man to be the easiest song in the world..i mean(at least on my acoustic guitar,where the body unites with the neck at fret 12,note that i don't have(yet) an electric guitar)it's fucking annoying!i mean the way you have to change barre frets,with that horrifying screech sound..it's just...ugh...
on the other hand,stuff like come as you are is a lot easier,just 0-0-1-2 on the 6th string,2(e)-0(a) twice then 0(e)-2(a)
(a)=5th string.2 and 0=fret numebers
16.08.2006 - 00:37
heresiarch
Forever Dead
If you are rhythm guitarist in punk band then anything is very easy
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
16.08.2006 - 04:13
Ibanez07
Account deleted
'Like a Stone' by Audioslave....eeeasy!
16.08.2006 - 04:18
tulkas
el parcero
This afternoon I was listening to Sugar from System of a Down, and I don't know much about guitar, but it does seem reeally easy. Am I right? (I ask 'cause I don´t know)
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.08.2006 - 04:29
Ibanez07
Account deleted
You'd be suprised man....some SOAD stuff sounds easy...but then when you try and play it exactly you're like "WTF...where di all this rediqulousness come from?" You can't even hear it half the time...but Daron has some talent.
17.08.2006 - 06:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I agree with cursed. Nirvana - come as you are is the easiest song in teh world, also Placebo - This picture. I can't play guitar, I have no talent, and I play both of them.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.08.2006 - 14:20
vlad-

also many six feet under songs are fairly easy (for the fretting hand, some faster picking stuff may require practice), lycantrophy for example
17.08.2006 - 15:36
Sunioj

Marilyn Manson - the beautiful people

e)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E)--0-h6---0-h6p-0---0-h6---0-h6p-0---0-h3-0-------------------------------
18.08.2006 - 18:42
Shugojin
Account deleted
Learn some Metallica rhythm guitar parts. They're almost always based off of power chords, and are pretty good provided you stay in the area where Metallica actually played, you know, metal.
19.08.2006 - 17:10
Urizen367

one of the songs of the newest Judas Priest album, called "eulogy". its ungodly easy. i could play it with my penis....seriously.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
27.08.2006 - 15:10
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
ramones - blitzkrieg bop
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
27.08.2006 - 20:43
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 16.08.2006 at 04:13

'Like a Stone' by Audioslave....eeeasy!

Love that song
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.08.2006 - 20:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Here's a list of simple songs, seeing as how you want to improve your skill by playing simplistc songs, I'll give you more than one example.

Nirvana-Smells Liek Teen Spirit
Nirvana-Come as you are
Judas Priest-Breakin' the Law
Judas Priest-Livin' after Midnight
Deep Purple-Smoke on the Water
Black Sabbath-Paranoid
Black Sabbath-Iron Man(main riff is what's easy about it, That's why beginers like it, it's understandable if you can't handle stuff like the solo.....)
The Rolling Stones-Can't get no satisfaction
Red Hot Chili Peppers-By The Way
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Otherside
Red Hot Chili Peppers-Californication

Here ya Go
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
27.08.2006 - 21:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well,i can;t do iron man because i only have an acoustic guitar in which the 12th fret is the clashing point between the body and the neck.for details,go to the ARGH!!f*king string buzz thread...
also,for those doubting my guitarist skills,i'm not a total newbie,although i'm not exactly marty friedman or stuff. the song is not predestined for me,but for someone who wants to learn to play guitar
28.08.2006 - 20:12
Soliloquy

stuff by Nirvana, like everyone else said. stuff by Green Day. almost everything they do is based on power cords. what makes it easier is this:

E----------------------------
B----------------------------
G----------------------------
D----2------2---------------
A----2------2---------------
E--0------0-----------------

umm...A Perfect Circle's stuff from their latest album is really easy. i forgot the names of soem of their songs..but they are pretty easy
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
28.08.2006 - 20:44
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Nirvana actually ripped off Killing Joke on "Come As You Are". Its not such an easy riff to play though since to play it properly you need to be real proficient with distortion and guitar effects (well, at least for the KJ version you do).
16.09.2006 - 01:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Easy songs:

-Danzig - Mother (good progression riff)
-Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

great songs with fairly easy riffs, forget the solos but easy!!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
17.09.2006 - 12:55
FallenAngel16
Account deleted
punk is mainly really easy and also playable on an acoustic. boulevard of broken dreams is nice to play for a beginner because it's slow and just based on a few chords (the whole thing, not just rhythm...). metallica's nothing else matters is also really nice to start with and except for the solo it never exceeds the 12th fret. you can even play the first interlude on an acoustic (trust me, I also play it on the acoustic most of the times) because it just goes up to the 17th fret for one note. other than that...guns n'roses would be worth a consideration - especially knockin' on heaven's door. the ones mentioned by arian totalis are easy as well.
18.09.2006 - 06:35
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Well actually i do have the easyest song in the world for all of you, it requires no more then 8 diffrent chords, and are all on the same string, i use to be in a old punk band so thats why i know this song, why its Anarchy in the U.K. by the Sex Pistols, i dont know if anyone else has said this, but if you dont believe me look at the tabs.

e-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G--101010101010101010101010101010----8-8-8-8-8--8--8--8--9-7-5-|
D--101010101010101010101010101010----8-8-8-8-8--8--8--8--9-7-5-|
A--121212121212121212121212121212---1010101010101010--7-5-3-|
E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Verse
e-------------------------------------------------------|
B-------------------------------------------------------|
G--55-0-555-0-555\10-9--55-0-555-0-555\10-9--|
D--55-0-555-0-555\10-9--55-0-555-0-555\10-9--|
A--33-0-333-0-333\8---7--33-0-333-0-333\8--7--|
E-------------------------------------------------------|

Yes its just that easy folks, if you cant learn this, no offence but dont play and instrument.
20.09.2006 - 21:25
ASiema113

I'd don't know exactly what you would consider as good music but when I started out it was mostly punk stuff(ex.Anti-Flag) as well as "smoke on the water" and Iron Man was the third and maybe this forum should be renamed to Newbie Riffs or something like that.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
20.09.2006 - 23:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Chaos AD and Roots, Bloody Roots - Sepultura
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Anything by the Ramones (especially Blitzkrieg Bop...)
The guitar solo in Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young...the solo is one note...
19.10.2006 - 10:43
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
IMO the easiest song is Graveworms - Ceremonial Requiem.......(because it has no Guitar )
u can try Marilyn Mansons - Sweet dreams (really beautiful and easy)
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
07.11.2006 - 20:42
RavenLord

Strange that so many people are overlooking Tormentor's 'Elisabeth Bathori' (covered by Dissection)...the main riff has exactly three power chords. Two are played broken, one is played straight. It's easy as shit.

Also, Judas Priest's Beyond the Realms of Death is very easy to play as well (even if most tabs for it completely maul it)

AAAANND Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction. Easiest riff around.
----
08.11.2006 - 03:22
Deathwyrm

Actually, the easiest song in the world I found... was Dragula by Rob Zombie.

Much like the One Note Song mentioned above, the entirety of the song can be played with one finger.

|-0-0-0-0---0-0-0-|
|-5-5-5-5---6-6-6-|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|

Able to play that? Able to once in a while bend the third fret on the low E when not just hitting it open repeatedly?

Then you can play Dragula.

While not for guitar, I found that Metallica's Ain't My Bitch was ridiculously easy to pick up.
30.11.2006 - 17:36
jadawal

Most of these songs mentioned arn't the "easiest songs in the world". Songs like Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes actually has some progression and different riffs and some sort of structure, there are way easier songs then that. I'm a fan of the White Stripes myself, they play a classic sound of simple punkish-rock and it all goes together good. The album "White Blood Cells" is proabbly their best in my opinion, and most of the riffs are simple and fun to play, ecspecially for people who are just starting. If your starting guitar and want to get the feeling of mastering a song, download some White Stripes and learn it from start to finish! That's what I did a couple years ago...haha.
30.11.2006 - 18:33
Thryce
Retired Staff
Well I can only play one full song on guitar, so that definitely has got to be the easiest song on earth (since I'm a total guitar layman): "Frère Jacques" (= "Brother John"), a child verse.

|-----------------------
|-----0--------0--------
|-0-2---0--0-2---0------
|-----------------------
|-----------------------
|-----------------------

|--------------
|-0-1-3---0-1-3
|--------------
|--------------
|--------------
|--------------

|---0-----------0---------
|-3---3-1-0---3---3-1-0---
|-----------0------------0
|-------------------------

|----------------------------------
|-0----0---0---0-------------------
|---0--------0---------------------

Lyrics:
Are you sleep-ing? Are you sleep-ing? Broth-er John, Broth-er John
Morn-ing bells are ring-ing, Morn-ing bells are ring-ing, ding, dong, ding; ding dong ding.
----
Your favorite band sucks.