Metal Storm logo
Spiritual Beggars - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced & New Song Sample Online

Official press release

Spiritual Beggars have parted ways with vocalist JB, and welcome their new singer: Apollo Papathanasio.

Michael Amott comments: "This will be a surprise to most of you, but it's been mutually decided for some time now that JB would step down from his role as the singer in Spiritual Beggars to focus on his own band. We had a fantastic time working with JB. We remain great friends and we wish him the best of luck!

"We decided to make a new Spiritual Beggars record and to find a new voice - and we found a killer singer that lives in our hometown. Some of you will already be familiar with him as a singer in the Greek metal band Firewind.

"We've had a blast in the studio and it's been highly satisfying on a creative level. We have already confirmed some shows in Japan later in the year and we are in the process of booking more concerts around the world. We are looking forward to getting the new music out to the fans and playing live again"

A short sample of new song featuring Apollo Papathanasio on vocals is available now at the Spiritual Beggars' official MySpace.

Spiritual Beggars, the Swedish band featuring Arch Enemy guitarist Michael Amott and bassist Sharlee D'Angelo, is currently mixing its first new studio album in five years for a late summer/early fall 2010 release. The CD was recorded at Sweetspot Studio with producer Rickard Bengtsson.

The band previously stated about the new effort, "We used a lot of vintage equipment in this process and we got some really amazing tones.

"To describe the music itself, we feel the songs are strong and melodic with a lot of '70s and early '80s hard rock atmosphere?

"If you are a fan of our albums On Fire and Demons, we are pretty sure you will also enjoy this next chapter..."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Spiritual Beggars
Posted: 07.06.2010 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 35 users
07.06.2010 - 22:19
Jan
Not all that surprising really with GM gaining momentum in a big way lately.
08.06.2010 - 03:58
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Eh, I can already tell I'm not too crazy over the new vocalist. Gm just had a certain presence to his voice that the new singer just seems to lack.
08.06.2010 - 06:16
Symmachus
The vocalist of Firewind has joined Spiritual Beggars? I did not see that one coming. I really want to check Spiritual Beggers out sometime, because I haven't, which sucks on my behalf.
08.06.2010 - 18:19
addiction
I really like the beggars but I am not too sure about the new singer...Both the previous vocalists had a very strong, manly and cool voice, which is something the new one is lacking. I am not saying he is a bad vocalist at all, but he just doesn't fit in that well with the sound. Then again I only just heard that little clip, so maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but somehow I just don't think so...
----
alive in the superunknown

Hits total: 3101 | This month: 8