Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - New Album Details And Song Online

The release date for Iron Maiden's new studio album The Final Frontier is now confirmed for Monday 16th August. The new album features artwork illustrated by Melvyn Grant and, to mark the occasion, the band have made special arrangements for one new album track "El Dorado" to be made available Worldwide as a FREE digital download MP3 with immediate effect. Click here for your free download (US fans, go here).

Singer Bruce Dickinson explains: "El Dorado" is a preview of the forthcoming studio album. As we will be including it in the set of our Final Frontier World Tour (all dates here) we thought it would be great to thank all our fans and get them into The Final Frontier mood by giving them this song up front of the tour and album release."

The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind ('83), Powerslave ('84) and Somewhere In Time ('86) albums.

Bruce comments: "The studio had the same vibe and it was exactly as it had been in 1983, nothing had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner... same carpet... everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album."

Thirty years on from their eponymous debut album in April 1980, The Final Frontier will be Maiden's 15th studio album, making a remarkable average of a new album every two years for 30 years and totalling over 80 million album sales during this period.

The Final Frontier [cover art] tracklist:

01. Satellite 15... The Final Frontier
02. El Dorado
03. Mother Of Mercy
04. Coming Home
05. The Alchemist
06. Isle Of Avalon
07. Starblind
08. The Talisman
09. The Man Who Would Be King
10. When The Wild Wind Blows

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 08.06.2010 by Abattoir

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 65   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 475 users
09.06.2010 - 12:41
arwestromen
The intro was so fucking good...too bad the rest of the song was average...for a maiden song
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
09.06.2010 - 14:11
enumaelis
It is Barracuda from Heart!
Boring song, anyway.
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
09.06.2010 - 14:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
My God this is indeed incredibly boring and like has been said a lot of Barracuda borrowing all over the place. But Barracuda was a much better song than this.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.06.2010 - 14:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really don't see ANY comparison whatsoever with "Barracuda". Apart from the palm muting on the main riff, which millions of other bands do. The songs are NOTHING alike. Im obviously missing something, because I definitely cant see the similarity at all.
09.06.2010 - 20:28
HellHammerBR
Common guys!! Let´s listen the track without expecting revolution or inate glory from classic maiden songs! I do not listen heavy metal as I used to listen 20 years ago. I know listen black, death and 70´s rock classics most of time, but this song sounded like No Prayer for the Dying times for me, I would say the song is far good than the most of the recent ones, nice as Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter.

I realized some years ago that the maiden member lost the 'evilness' and the agression necessary to do great metal albuns. The songs shows more intense political work than just, maybe lots of songs have been maded, an extraordinary guitar riff or vocal passage that becomes an intense and great song like Hallowed be thy name.
09.06.2010 - 20:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.06.2010 at 14:20

My God this is indeed incredibly boring and like has been said a lot of Barracuda borrowing all over the place. But Barracuda was a much better song than this.

as i've said yesterday... omg the song rulez!!1
09.06.2010 - 22:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by HellHammerBR on 09.06.2010 at 20:28

Common guys!! Let´s listen the track without expecting revolution or inate glory from classic maiden songs! I do not listen heavy metal as I used to listen 20 years ago. I know listen black, death and 70´s rock classics most of time, but this song sounded like No Prayer for the Dying times for me, I would say the song is far good than the most of the recent ones, nice as Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter.

Hmm...well, I think the No Prayer comparison is valid, in that the songs on that were much more straight forward than before. But the riffing is more like later works from the Bruce solo band (specifically those with Roy Z), although of course with it being Maiden, the song remains in standard tuning, as opposed to the downtuned riffs of his later solo career. Whether the rest of the album is similar to "El Dorado" in terms of riffing style, still remains to be seen. But I think it will differ from No Prayer, not least because there's lots of long songs on the new album, wheras No Prayer had no songs exceeding 6 minutes in length. But in terms of a more simplistic style, with the vocals and music, then the comparison with No Prayer, at least with "El Dorado" makes sense. No Prayer of course, comes in for a lot of flak from Maiden fans, although myself have always loved the album. I have no expectations for Maiden to relive their 80's heyday, and maybe that is why I enjoy the new song, while others seem to hate it.
10.06.2010 - 00:20
Lord_Regnier
Written by HellHammerBR on 09.06.2010 at 20:28

I realized some years ago that the maiden member lost the 'evilness' and the agression necessary to do great metal albuns.

Exactly the way I see things. Many times, I wondered why pretty much all metal bands become boring and start to suck when the musicians reach their 40s and even only their 30s in some cases and I came to the conclusion that it's because they loose the aggression, rage and 'evilness' of their younger days.
They kinda loose the flame that is necessary to make great metal music.

Of course, it's my opinion, but I think metal is nothing without a minimal level of roughness, aggression, rawness, harshness, evilness, etc.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
10.06.2010 - 18:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 10.06.2010 at 00:20

Exactly the way I see things. Many times, I wondered why pretty much all metal bands become boring and start to suck when the musicians reach their 40s and even only their 30s in some cases and I came to the conclusion that it's because they loose the aggression, rage and 'evilness' of their younger days.
They kinda loose the flame that is necessary to make great metal music.

Of course, it's my opinion, but I think metal is nothing without a minimal level of roughness, aggression, rawness, harshness, evilness, etc.

Exactly. That's why reunions almost neevr ever work. Cause the musicians lost their fire. Just look atALL the thrash reunions and thrash bands that keep on plodding away. The magic has evaporated. They have seen it all been everywhere, the drive is gone. Same for death metal and black metal.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.06.2010 - 21:37
Murder
Not bad, but I have to listen to the entire album... not convinced 'till now....
11.06.2010 - 01:05
90IRONMAIDEN
Thats bade to the bone I like that i will get that wean it comes out up the iron:banger2:
----
KISS ARMY/THRASH METAL FAN'S WILL NEVER DIE!
14.06.2010 - 22:30
everonn
Those who doesnt't like this song should stop listening to Maiden.
moreover maybe they should have never listened.
This is holy/fucking/iron/maiden at its best.
14.06.2010 - 23:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by everonn on 14.06.2010 at 22:30

You are kidding I hope. This is't Maiden's worst but certainly not best either. This is a very very very mediocre Maiden song.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.06.2010 - 00:08
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.06.2010 at 23:21

Written by everonn on 14.06.2010 at 22:30

You are kidding I hope. This is't Maiden's worst but certainly not best either. This is a very very very mediocre Maiden song.

Agreed with Marcel. Mediocre and boring song.
----
15.06.2010 - 22:54
Heinosity
Account deleted
Judging by this song alone, I would say that they need to just go ahead and wrap it up. Also, what the hell is with that cover anyway? Is that supposed to be Eddie as an alien? I don't expect them to top their 80's stuff either, but this is starting to get embarassing after "A Matter of Staying Awake."
17.06.2010 - 17:35
everonn
As i have said before, I have been listening to Iron Maiden for 20 years already and This song is just another masterpiece by them.
there are 2 genres in music.
Iron Maiden and others.
this is Iron Maiden. and those who judge it/criticize it will burn in eternal hell ))))))))))))))))) No offense.

Probably you are 13-20 years old kids who find this song boring...just have it your way. I do not have any intention to teach you something.
17.06.2010 - 18:51
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by everonn on 17.06.2010 at 17:35

As i have said before, I have been listening to Iron Maiden for 20 years already and This song is just another masterpiece by them.
there are 2 genres in music.
Iron Maiden and others.
this is Iron Maiden. and those who judge it/criticize it will burn in eternal hell ))))))))))))))))) No offense.

Probably you are 13-20 years old kids who find this song boring...just have it your way. I do not have any intention to teach you something.

Your answer made me laugh and made me angry, too. You give new meanings to the word fanboyism.

I've been listening to Iron maiden for 20 years already, too, but the new song on line is average IMO; Bruce seemed not to put his heart into it, the riff is "heard it all before category" and the solo is not enough to save the song; i hope the rest of the album is better.
18.06.2010 - 06:23
Derwood

Marcel is in his 40's, Lord Regnier is 37, I'm 39 - we've all been listening to Iron Maiden 25+ years. We all agree this is a mediocre song at best (and that's being generous), but I really never thought I'd hear Steve Harris ripping off Heart.

Funny that a 27 year old kid thinks he's teaching us about Maiden. I've encountered fanbois before, but you take the cake.

Yes. Maiden have done some bad songs. "Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter" and "Quest for Fire" are just two featuring Bruce that come to mind.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
18.06.2010 - 10:59
everonn
Written by Derwood on 18.06.2010 at 06:23

Marcel is in his 40's, Lord Regnier is 37, I'm 39 - we've all been listening to Iron Maiden 25+ years. We all agree this is a mediocre song at best (and that's being generous), but I really never thought I'd hear Steve Harris ripping off Heart.

Funny that a 27 year old kid thinks he's teaching us about Maiden. I've encountered fanbois before, but you take the cake.

Yes. Maiden have done some bad songs. "Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter" and "Quest for Fire" are just two featuring Bruce that come to mind.

Respect!
But i still do not agree that maiden did bad songs/albums. It's really funny to say that. what is a "bad song" ? how do you define it ?
I refuse such idea. I just feel maiden in my bones. This song made me once again feel it. that's all what matters to me. There are bunch of people who think like me. Maybe you are a band of old farts or smth ?:)))) sorry to say that. I can kill someone for maiden, i am sick i know.
please do not take offense from my words. I am seriously sick, in a good way.
18.06.2010 - 11:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious

What on earth has age to do with anything? Im over 30, have been into Maiden since I was 12, and I like the new song.

As for ripping off Heart? Bah, not even close, the 2 songs sound NOTHING alike.
18.06.2010 - 13:15
Lord_Regnier
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.06.2010 at 11:12

What on earth has age to do with anything? Im over 30, have been into Maiden since I was 12, and I like the new song.

I think Derwood was only making the point that most people who have been Maiden fans long ago share the opinion that this band pretty much sucks since the 90s and is extremely overrated in its current form(almost as overrated as Metallica, if you ask me, and probably even more overrated than Manowar- and I'm surely not here to defend Manowar, as it's a band I utterly hate).

And I have a strong feeling most people around 35 or more have turned the page on Maiden long ago, due to their shittiness in the 90s that made people ashamed to admit they ever liked this band at a time (around 12-15 years ago). But it seems most young people can barely see the difference between Maiden's 80s stuff and the new one, while the older metalheads see it quite easily. And, in Maiden's case, not seeing the difference between old and new stuff is something I can't understand at all because they're worlds apart for me.

Anyway, all those debates between people who prefer more specialized metal genres and those who stick to old bands way past their prime will come to an end in less than a decade because the old bands will soon be too old to carry on. And I think it will be a good thing because I'm getting more and more tired of those people who so stubbornly want to be stuck in the 80s and can't accept that things change and people get older + often label people as posers only because they don't kiss the ass of a few outdated metal bands who should have called it a day two decades ago.

I apologize for the sharpness but I think lots of people are living in the past, when it comes to metal, and it's about time they open their eyes. Anyway, they won't have the choice to open their eyes in a few years when pretty much all the 80s bands will call a quit.

Also, Derwood is not the one who attacked based on age. Everonn did it, not even realizing we're all older than him. And Everonn's post are blind fanboyism and really not brilliant. You can like a band very much but it has its limits, for Christ's sake.
----
18.06.2010 - 14:07
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 18.06.2010 at 13:15

And I have a strong feeling most people around 35 or more have turned the page on Maiden long ago, due to their shittiness in the 90s that made people ashamed to admit they ever liked this band at a time (around 12-15 years ago). But it seems most young people can barely see the difference between Maiden's 80s stuff and the new one, while the older metalheads see it quite easily. And, in Maiden's case, not seeing the difference between old and new stuff is something I can't understand at all because they're worlds apart for me.

Anyway, all those debates between people who prefer more specialized metal genres and those who stick to old bands way past their prime will come to an end in less than a decade because the old bands will soon be too old to carry on. And I think it will be a good thing because I'm getting more and more tired of those people who so stubbornly want to be stuck in the 80s and can't accept that things change and people get older + often label people as posers only because they don't kiss the ass of a few outdated metal bands who should have called it a day two decades ago.

Interesting post.

Instead of calling it quits, most of the older bands indeed stick around and just butcher their own legacy. Then again, if you're as big as Iron Maiden and Metallica you very well realize that by releasing yet another album (mediocre or not) you can generate a lot of money... Iron Maiden is not a band, it's a business. Then you have these other bands that, instead of pulling the plug, try to adapt their sound to more contemporary trends (like In Flames did). Most of them failed miserably, and we're back at butchering the own legacy.

A lot of the contemporary and modern bands are pure rubbish, and only a few of the new bands manage to stick out, while the 80's are romanticized as the golden age for metal. So taking things back to the old school spirit is only a logical reaction. But indeed a desperate attempt to relive those so-called better, but long gone times.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.06.2010 - 14:35
Lord_Regnier
Written by Thryce on 18.06.2010 at 14:07

Instead of calling it quits, most of the older bands indeed stick around and just butcher their own legacy. Then again, if you're as big as Iron Maiden and Metallica you very well realize that by releasing yet another album (mediocre or not) you can generate a lot of money... Iron Maiden is not a band, it's a business. Then you have these other bands that, instead of pulling the plug, try to adapt their sound to more contemporary trends (like In Flames did). Most of them failed miserably, and we're back at butchering the own legacy.

A lot of the contemporary and modern bands are pure rubbish, and only a few of the new bands manage to stick out, while the 80's are romanticized as the golden age for metal. So taking things back to the old school spirit is only a logical reaction. But indeed a desperate attempt to relive those so-called better, but long gone times.

I agree on everything.

What I believe is "Some bands die in their glory, while some live long enough to become shitty".

I share this feeling that lots of old metal bands are no more a band since many years, no more a creative force, but only a business. I find it sad because they release only commercial products, not art. It contributes to make metal soulless and boring. And, yes, they desecrate their legacy by doing this.
I would greatly prefer to see them calling a quit than being so pathetic. They become more of an embarrassement for their old fans than anything.

But, yes, if they try to adapt, they often fail miserably.

A lot of the younger bands are pure rubbish, indeed, but you can find good stuff here and there, from time to time. However, tthe 80s are greatly overestimated, mostly by those who weren't even there or were too young to remember. People see the 80s with pink-painted glasses. It was far from being as great as young people believe.

If I can summarize it, I would say that, overall, metal is in its downfall and though there are more bands, it's more and more difficult to find anything interesting.

N.B. It's not that I hate all old metal bands but I believe (not sure) that if they would leave, perhaps new and more interesting bands would have their chance. I think metal needs some kind of renewal but I also think it won't happen as long as the old bands are still there to get lots of attention.
----
18.06.2010 - 17:15
Derwood
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.06.2010 at 11:12

Absolutely nothing.

I only mentioned the ages of some of us who don't really care for the song because Everron made the claim that everyone dissing it was probably between the ages of 13 and 20, hence the line I quoted from him.

My whole purpose in bringing up ages was precisely to point out that age has nothing to do with whether someone likes it or not. Nor does age indicate any sort of uniformity of opinion on the quality of the music. I like a lot of stuff from Maiden's last three albums, which is an opinion not shared by many of my fellow geriatric stormers.

I really don't care what someone likes or dislikes. There wouldn't be 10,000 genres if we all liked the same stuff. It doesn't mean I can't be a little baffled when someone likes stuff that I really dislike, though.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
21.06.2010 - 19:46
everonn
And now i once again realized that some people would find the will / power / guts / whatever, to say something / some band / some song is bad or not worthy of smth so easily. without any grounds...just...."they became sucky" , "they became lame" , "they are not the old IM anymore". How sad for you guys...that you expect from a band to do something you like. How sad that you are getting old and your tiny little brains can not get anything new inside...
Maiden is still strong and providing the best music to their fans. it's not maiden that got shitty. it is you....
21.06.2010 - 23:21
JohnDoe
Account deleted
@ Everonn - why do you have to insult people just because they (me included) disagree with you?

We'll see how strong Maiden still is after we hear the whole album; until then, i cannot judge this just based on one song.
22.06.2010 - 00:29
Lord_Regnier
Written by everonn on 21.06.2010 at 19:46

And now i once again realized that some people would find the will / power / guts / whatever, to say something / some band / some song is bad or not worthy of smth so easily. without any grounds...just...."they became sucky" , "they became lame" , "they are not the old IM anymore". How sad for you guys...that you expect from a band to do something you like. How sad that you are getting old and your tiny little brains can not get anything new inside...
Maiden is still strong and providing the best music to their fans. it's not maiden that got shitty. it is you....

Fucking fanboys. The greatest plague on any metal board. But I admit you reach an all new level of retardation and blindness in your Maiden ass-kissing.
Sad to see that you're still so young and already outdated when it comes to metal. Stuck in the 80s and unable to evolve. How pathetic.

And I find it as funny as ironic that you're saying "our tiny little brains can't get anything new inside" when you're the one who praises a band that completely failed to evolve and only repeat themselves for 20 years with poorer results each time. If there's a band that brought nothing new to metal in the last two decades, it's precisely Maiden. Great in the 80s, overrated and shitty nowadays.

I was already listening to Maiden when you were licking your mom's tits but it doesn't prevent me to see their flaws.

I can tell you exactly why this song sucks donkey balls: basic and simple riffs, simple and slow drums, sleep-inducing vocals (completely powerless), a total lack of originality in every department, an awful sound (especially on the drums). Zero energy at all. It sounds just as what it is: a watered down song from worn-out old men who have even more wrinkles than Eddie. They don't even have to put mummies on stage anymore because the mummies are playing the instruments.
As much as it has been among my favorite bands in the 80s, I must say that I find Maiden plain embarrassing since the early 90s.
----
24.06.2010 - 08:07
HellHammerBR
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.06.2010 at 22:52

Hmm...well, I think the No Prayer comparison is valid, in that the songs on that were much more straight forward than before. But the riffing is more like later works from the Bruce solo band (specifically those with Roy Z), although of course with it being Maiden, the song remains in standard tuning, as opposed to the downtuned riffs of his later solo career. Whether the rest of the album is similar to "El Dorado" in terms of riffing style, still remains to be seen. But I think it will differ from No Prayer, not least because there's lots of long songs on the new album, wheras No Prayer had no songs exceeding 6 minutes in length. But in terms of a more simplistic style, with the vocals and music, then the comparison with No Prayer, at least with "El Dorado" makes sense. No Prayer of course, comes in for a lot of flak from Maiden fans, although myself have always loved the album. I have no expectations for Maiden to relive their 80's heyday, and maybe that is why I enjoy the new song, while others seem to hate it.

I agree! I used No Prayer as an example of a disc contents that pleases me. Can´t compare to Losfer words, Powerslave, Hallowed, songs that probably they can´t reach that perfection again, but songs like Bring your daughter isn´t that perfect, but I like a lot. I do not expect a great classic too, the last time I got this was in X Factor album. And, of course, with Bruce´s Chemychal Wedding, a disc that, for me, sounds more like that legendary Maiden times than this current Iron Maiden. Maybe cause Bruce and Adrian still got the roughness composing, perhaps. I sawe them here in Brazil last year, live they are the same great entertainers and great musicians, one of the biggest, top 5 for me, listening most of death and black metal this days. Hail!
24.06.2010 - 12:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Derwood on 18.06.2010 at 17:15
Absolutely nothing.

I only mentioned the ages of some of us who don't really care for the song because Everron made the claim that everyone dissing it was probably between the ages of 13 and 20, hence the line I quoted from him.

My whole purpose in bringing up ages was precisely to point out that age has nothing to do with whether someone likes it or not. Nor does age indicate any sort of uniformity of opinion on the quality of the music. I like a lot of stuff from Maiden's last three albums, which is an opinion not shared by many of my fellow geriatric stormers.

I really don't care what someone likes or dislikes. There wouldn't be 10,000 genres if we all liked the same stuff. It doesn't mean I can't be a little baffled when someone likes stuff that I really dislike, though.

Everron is a blind fanboy, and I definitely wasnt defending him in my last post. It is interesting that you say you like a lot of the stuff on the last 3 Maiden albums, when a fellow older Maiden fan like Lord Reginer has been quite scathing in his opinions of those albums. I also have no care about someone else's likes or dislikes. I purely listen to songs/albums on their own merits for me, and dont let others' opinions cloud my judgement in any way when it comes to liking an album or not. For me, 'El Dorado' is not classic Maiden, but nevertheless, it is a very good song, and it's also refreshing that Maiden are playing a different style of riffing for the first time ever. Most of the comments about this song have been very interesting for me to read, because I neither agree with the opinion that is top class Maiden, or that it is a poor song. lol

Written by HellHammerBR on 24.06.2010 at 08:07
I agree! I used No Prayer as an example of a disc contents that pleases me. Can´t compare to Losfer words, Powerslave, Hallowed, songs that probably they can´t reach that perfection again, but songs like Bring your daughter isn´t that perfect, but I like a lot. I do not expect a great classic too, the last time I got this was in X Factor album. And, of course, with Bruce´s Chemychal Wedding, a disc that, for me, sounds more like that legendary Maiden times than this current Iron Maiden. Maybe cause Bruce and Adrian still got the roughness composing, perhaps. I sawe them here in Brazil last year, live they are the same great entertainers and great musicians, one of the biggest, top 5 for me, listening most of death and black metal this days. Hail!

Well yes...'Powerslave' to me is pure perfection when it comes to Maiden. SSOASS is also Maiden at their absolute best. Its hard for me to compare 'No Prayer...' to their 80's stuff, purely because its so very different in its style. In its own way, its a great album, and I love it a lot. I wouldnt go as far as to call 'The X Factor' a classic, but I really like a lot of the songs on it. (you are not the first fan Ive seen classing that album as a classic though! ) 'The Chemical Wedding' is one of my fave albums of all time, and definitely better than some Maiden albums! I dont think 'El Dorado' is more similar to the later Bruce solo stuff because Bruce and Adrian were on those albums. Because the first 3 albums after their comeback to Maiden sounded nothing like Bruce's solo material. 'Brave New World' is IMO the closest Maiden have come to producing another classic album since their first 10 years. I really love that album a lot. xD
30.06.2010 - 13:48
everonn
Written by Lord_Regnier on 22.06.2010 at 00:29

Written by everonn on 21.06.2010 at 19:46

Fucking fanboys. The greatest plague on any metal board. But I admit you reach an all new level of retardation and blindness in your Maiden ass-kissing.
Sad to see that you're still so young and already outdated when it comes to metal. Stuck in the 80s and unable to evolve. How pathetic.

And I find it as funny as ironic that you're saying "our tiny little brains can't get anything new inside" when you're the one who praises a band that completely failed to evolve and only repeat themselves for 20 years with poorer results each time. If there's a band that brought nothing new to metal in the last two decades, it's precisely Maiden. Great in the 80s, overrated and shitty nowadays.

I was already listening to Maiden when you were licking your mom's tits but it doesn't prevent me to see their flaws.

I can tell you exactly why this song sucks donkey balls: basic and simple riffs, simple and slow drums, sleep-inducing vocals (completely powerless), a total lack of originality in every department, an awful sound (especially on the drums). Zero energy at all. It sounds just as what it is: a watered down song from worn-out old men who have even more wrinkles than Eddie. They don't even have to put mummies on stage anymore because the mummies are playing the instruments.
As much as it has been among my favorite bands in the 80s, I must say that I find Maiden plain embarrassing since the early 90s.

Fucking idiots. all over the world. trying to show that they actually "know" something. but unable to feel anything or see anything as it is. failing to see the big picture all the time...:) i find your comments funny. Call me fanboy or funboy or anything else, Iron Maiden's gonna kick your fuckin' ass.

Hits total: 8542 | This month: 9