12. Not Yet Today
13. Far In The Future
14. I'm Free [deluxe digipack edition bonus]
15. Faster We Fall [Japanese bonus]
16. Aiming High [iTunes bonus]

Additional info
Guest musicians:
Matthias Ulmer - Keyboards
Eberhard Hahn - Flute solo (on "Raise The Noise")
William "Billy" King - Choirs
Olaf Senkbeil - Choirs
Ron Deris -Backing Vocals (on "Far In The Future")
Biff Byford - Spoken prologue to 'Who Is Mr. Madman?'

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
Helloween have been forging a new path for themselves for many years, seemingly cursed in the way that anything with the Helloween name on it will be compared to those influential Keeper... albums, and almost every time the new offering inevitably falls short.

7 Sinners is the third album with the current line-up, and the first since The Dark Ride that has been able to square up to the Keeper... albums and come off looking pretty good. The reputation of those early albums will never be matched again, but Helloween are determined to continually prove their worth as the genre's kings and still as a legitimate and current power metal band.

Read more ››
published 29.12.2010 | Comments (64)

Helloween are back with their best album definitely at least since The Dark Ride. This is heavier stuff, modern, and certainly catchy without being cheesy. This will be one of the albums of the year for all those concerned.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: GT, Ag Fox

Found in 47 lists
Top lists

Comments page 4 / 6

Comments: 153   Visited by: 1377 users
10.11.2010 - 11:12
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 09.11.2010 at 12:39

It went from 8.8 to 8.7. Big difference in the top 200.
Probably got bashed for being there.

There are definitely some people just giving it bad ratings because of where it is. (or was) I can guarantee, if the album had been further down the list, a lot of the people who gave it bad ratings wouldnt have bothered doing so. If an album is getting a lot of bad ratings/moves rapidly down in a very short period of time, then you know there's some foul play at work. I dont take the top 20 lists here seriously, because of the nonsense that goes on...
10.11.2010 - 11:55
Rating: 8
Hughes

Thats plain stupid tbh and really childish to rate something cause u want ur *genre* of metal to be number one.. like in this situation the new enslaved album, but dont get me wrong i think the helloween fans doing the same thing.i just saw the BG album to from being 8.7 for so long suddenly it went 8.6. Just beggining to get dissapointed from the vote system here and how many ppl thing the votes they see actually represent the truth. On final count is what u believe the album is worth and not if its on the top 200 on this site or any other site..
10.11.2010 - 15:18
Rating: 10
Vikcen
Metálico
The intro in Who Is Mr. Madman? remembers me to Mike Oldfield =) .
10.11.2010 - 15:36
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Vikcen on 10.11.2010 at 15:18

The melody used during the intro to "Who Is Mr Madman?" is actually a re-arrangement of the main melody from "Perfect Gentleman" from the "Master Of The Rings" album. lol
10.11.2010 - 16:38
Metal Invader

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.11.2010 at 15:36

Written by Vikcen on 10.11.2010 at 15:18

The melody used during the intro to "Who Is Mr Madman?" is actually a re-arrangement of the main melody from "Perfect Gentleman" from the "Master Of The Rings" album. lol

yes..true..and members said that this song is perfeckt gentelman 16 years later..:)
10.11.2010 - 16:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Metal Invader on 10.11.2010 at 16:38
yes..true..and members said that this song is perfeckt gentelman 16 years later..:)

Yep! Sascha Gerstner who wrote the song confirmed that the "madman" in question, is Perfect Gentleman. Which is a bit weird, considering Sascha wasn't even in the band when that song was written.
10.11.2010 - 16:53
Metal Invader

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.11.2010 at 16:48

Written by Metal Invader on 10.11.2010 at 16:38

Yep! Sascha Gerstner who wrote the song confirmed that the "madman" in question, is Perfect Gentleman. Which is a bit weird, considering Sascha wasn't even in the band when that song was written.

it is a suprise..i thinck it was Veikath who wrote this song..but its nice turnover lol
10.11.2010 - 16:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Metal Invader on 10.11.2010 at 16:53
it is a suprise..i thinck it was Veikath who wrote this song..but its nice turnover lol

Yes, Weiki wrote Perfect Gentleman, although Andi provided a little help with the lyrics. lol Some have suggested that "... Madman" is partly about Andi... I dunno about that!
10.11.2010 - 17:04
Metal Invader

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.11.2010 at 16:57

Written by Metal Invader on 10.11.2010 at 16:53

Yes, Weiki wrote Perfect Gentleman, although Andi provided a little help with the lyrics. lol Some have suggested that "... Madman" is partly about Andi... I dunno about that!

haha..well who knows..nothing suprise me in this band anymore much..lol im just enjoying music they create..!
10.11.2010 - 21:15
valiovalenti

I'm Free & Aiming High are gorgeous, genuine keeper's sound:bow:
10.11.2010 - 23:06
Metal Invader

Anyone found Come Rain Or Shine track..? or is this song a mit lol
12.11.2010 - 18:09
MeTalRea|istiK

Ive got i'm free and faster we fall..upload at u tube later!!
12.11.2010 - 18:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Metal Invader on 10.11.2010 at 23:06

Anyone found Come Rain Or Shine track..? or is this song a mit lol

The song apparently does exist, and a pumpkin illustration was done for it along with the other 7 Sinners tracks, so I think it is real. lol Its probably being kept back for a single b-side, or for a future limited edition release of the album. (which I hate!)
15.11.2010 - 04:10
thewall30

Such an amazing album, im speachless
----
16.11.2010 - 17:41
Metal Invader

Finally they make better album then Gamma Ray! proud to be Helloween fan
23.11.2010 - 20:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.11.2010 at 20:20

Not really hit me yet. Nothing stands out. Guitar tone very different from previous albums. Almost sounds like US power metal in parts (not all).

Hope it will grow on me. Not as accessible as last album.

Im not saying you will end up liking it, but I can say it was a grower for me. Not much stood out to me on first listen. It took repeated plays for me to like most of the songs. xD
23.11.2010 - 20:48
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 23.11.2010 at 20:27
Will keep trying, I want to like it as I am a big Helloween fan. Little has made me sit up and listen at the moment.

Still, some of my favourite albums I didn't like the first time through, the growers are usually the ones that become classics later.

One of the reasons I persevered with it, is because Im a big Helloween fan. lol I think why it was so slow to grow on me, is because the album is not a very typical Helloween one. Its different, more modern.

I think its a bit too early for me to call it a "classic", but I can say I really like it. xD And I didnt think too much of it at first. hehee
25.11.2010 - 15:36
bodomroy

Solid album, like the guitar work specially, powerful riffs. Far better than "gambling....
25.11.2010 - 16:31
Rating: 6
Vonpire

Hellomaiden , what you are doing is absolutely ridiculous. Rating other top albums (almost all) with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 isn't going to make this album number one... cause it will never be!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
25.11.2010 - 21:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Vonpire on 25.11.2010 at 16:31

Hellomaiden , what you are doing is absolutely ridiculous. Rating other top albums (almost all) with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 isn't going to make this album number one... cause it will never be!

Im certain other people are rating this album down for the same reason, to make their choices number one. Its ridiculous whoever is doing it, to whatever album.
25.11.2010 - 21:38
Rating: 6
Vonpire

Written by Angelic Storm on 25.11.2010 at 21:18

Written by Vonpire on 25.11.2010 at 16:31

Im certain other people are rating this album down for the same reason, to make their choices number one. Its ridiculous whoever is doing it, to whatever album.

Absolutely agree!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
30.11.2010 - 06:43
dunskii

Amazing album, every song is perfect and i just cant stop listening to it, the fact that its a composition album blew me away considering how each band member (loble excluded) created multiple works of art alone just makes it all the more amazing
17.12.2010 - 17:07
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by dunskii on 30.11.2010 at 06:43

Amazing album, every song is perfect and i just cant stop listening to it, the fact that its a composition album blew me away considering how each band member (loble excluded) created multiple works of art alone just makes it all the more amazing

what do you mean by composition album?
17.12.2010 - 21:58
dunskii

Written by JÄY on 17.12.2010 at 17:07

Written by dunskii on 30.11.2010 at 06:43

what do you mean by composition album?

Each member writes X amount of songs by themselves without any input from other band members, you can wiki the album if you dont understand
17.12.2010 - 22:07
JÄY
Metal slave
Quote:
Quote:

Each member writes X amount of songs by themselves without any input from other band members, you can wiki the album if you dont understand

how weird and awesome
18.12.2010 - 20:58
Baz Anderson

Markus' songs are by far the best though on this album (Fantasy, Mountain)... although Sascha can write some good ones too (Madman, Invisible Man, etc...)
24.12.2010 - 14:42
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.12.2010 at 20:58

Markus' songs are by far the best though on this album (Fantasy, Mountain)... although Sascha can write some good ones too (Madman, Invisible Man, etc...)

I like "My Sacrifice" too by Sasha...
25.12.2010 - 08:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Markus' "World Of Fantasy" is amazing, and is one of the very best songs on the album. If not THE best song. "You Stupid Mankind" by Sascha is one of the best songs too. I didnt like "My Sacrifice" initially, but it grew on me, and now, I think it's a great song.

The worst song for me is easily "Where The Sinners Go". No matter how many times I hear it, it never elevates itself above "hmm... this is okay I guess" for me. lol
26.12.2010 - 01:39
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Angelic Storm on 25.12.2010 at 08:11

Markus' "World Of Fantasy" is amazing, and is one of the very best songs on the album. If not THE best song. "You Stupid Mankind" by Sascha is one of the best songs too. I didnt like "My Sacrifice" initially, but it grew on me, and now, I think it's a great song.

The worst song for me is easily "Where The Sinners Go". No matter how many times I hear it, it never elevates itself above "hmm... this is okay I guess" for me. lol

Yes, "World Of Fantasy" is one of the best, and i agree exactly with you in the songs "My Sacrifice" (finally i like it a lot) and "Where The Sinners Go", this last the worst for me.

30.12.2010 - 03:04
Kropy

Musicianship: 9
Vocal: 9
Atmosphere: 10
Melody: 10
Originality: 8
Production: 10
CD Covers: 10

Best Songs:
02. Are You Metal?