12. Not Yet Today
13. Far In The Future
14. I'm Free [deluxe digipack edition bonus]
15. Faster We Fall [Japanese bonus]
16. Aiming High [iTunes bonus]

Additional info
Guest musicians:
Matthias Ulmer - Keyboards
Eberhard Hahn - Flute solo (on "Raise The Noise")
William "Billy" King - Choirs
Olaf Senkbeil - Choirs
Ron Deris -Backing Vocals (on "Far In The Future")
Biff Byford - Spoken prologue to 'Who Is Mr. Madman?'

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
Helloween have been forging a new path for themselves for many years, seemingly cursed in the way that anything with the Helloween name on it will be compared to those influential Keeper... albums, and almost every time the new offering inevitably falls short.

7 Sinners is the third album with the current line-up, and the first since The Dark Ride that has been able to square up to the Keeper... albums and come off looking pretty good. The reputation of those early albums will never be matched again, but Helloween are determined to continually prove their worth as the genre's kings and still as a legitimate and current power metal band.

Read more ››
published 29.12.2010 | Comments (64)

Helloween are back with their best album definitely at least since The Dark Ride. This is heavier stuff, modern, and certainly catchy without being cheesy. This will be one of the albums of the year for all those concerned.

Baz Anderson's picks | More picks ››
Thumbs up: GT, Ag Fox

Found in 47 lists
Top lists

Comments page 5 / 6

Comments: 153   Visited by: 1377 users
30.12.2010 - 03:26
Rating: 7
Fat & Sassy!

If A Mountain Could Talk's lyrics are SO LAME.

............. FUCKIN' LOVE IT. D:<
08.01.2011 - 16:03
Rating: 10
jimmy

If you guys want a great experience, listen to this album through headphones. it takes on a whole other life and you can hear every detail of the music. fucking love this cd. UP THE PUMPKINS!!
16.01.2011 - 16:50
Stratoman

For me it is faaaaaaaaaaaaar better than "Gambling with the Devil", best songs: Who Is Mr. Madman?, Raise the Noise, If a Mountain Could Talk, The Smile of the Sun and perhaps World Of Fantasy... Great album indeed, it has become one of my favourites...
----
Metal Is Made For All Men, But Not Every Man Is Made For Metal
28.01.2011 - 03:19
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
What threw me off about this album is that two of the tracks are questions.
28.01.2011 - 05:23
Fat & Sassy!

Written by bloodwrage on 28.01.2011 at 03:19

What threw me off about this album is that two of the tracks are questions.

And did you find the answers you seek?
24.03.2011 - 01:39
John Shock

THIS is the excelency of an Power Metal album, all the album, it's just the perfection in every music all the way through the album! Helloween rules!
26.05.2011 - 20:06
Anriii

Could not get into this album at all, but as I see so many good reviews, will give it a chance once again.

If still nothing, then probably the Helloween style everyone likes so much is not for me anymore, as I was disappointed by previous few albums as well
27.05.2011 - 00:11
Rating: 8
Metal Invader

Written by Anriii on 26.05.2011 at 20:06

Could not get into this album at all, but as I see so many good reviews, will give it a chance once again.

If still nothing, then probably the Helloween style everyone likes so much is not for me anymore, as I was disappointed by previous few albums as well

well im big fan of Helloween and i think its best album since keeper I and II..i dont like only two songs and that didnt happend for a long time
give it a one more chance
28.05.2011 - 11:57
Anriii

Written by Metal Invader on 27.05.2011 at 00:11

well im big fan of Helloween and i think its best album since keeper I and II..i dont like only two songs and that didnt happend for a long time

Been listening carefully now at home on the big system. The music is certainly great, instrumentally up to the task as you would expect from Helloween. Vocals I won't rate as I never liked Deris.
For me the first half (or less) of the album is quite weak, is probably what put me away the first time. Once it kicks in with speed and power, it feels much more like the real Helloween. Some catchy tunes here.
Still uncertain what rating to put for it, it depends what I must compare it to. As a power metal album, it gets 7, as it is well done but does not introduce much new. As a Helloween album, when we compare it to Keeper I and II, then I can't give it more than 5. But if we compare it to recent Helloween works, it gets 9 or 10 with no doubt.
Overall, it is nice to see that Helloween is not in decay, they came up with a very good album and looks like are on the rise again.
28.05.2011 - 13:41
Metal Invader

Written by Anriii on 28.05.2011 at 11:57

Written by Metal Invader on 27.05.2011 at 00:11

Been listening carefully now at home on the big system. The music is certainly great, instrumentally up to the task as you would expect from Helloween. Vocals I won't rate as I never liked Deris.
For me the first half (or less) of the album is quite weak, is probably what put me away the first time. Once it kicks in with speed and power, it feels much more like the real Helloween. Some catchy tunes here.
Still uncertain what rating to put for it, it depends what I must compare it to. As a power metal album, it gets 7, as it is well done but does not introduce much new. As a Helloween album, when we compare it to Keeper I and II, then I can't give it more than 5. But if we compare it to recent Helloween works, it gets 9 or 10 with no doubt.
Overall, it is nice to see that Helloween is not in decay, they came up with a very good album and looks like are on the rise again.

7 sinners imo is not compareble wit keepers album(even keeper III imo is not compareble wit other 2)..i look it as normal Helloween album and its great..
I just hate when they put that fast and great songs as bonus tracks like Faster we fall and Aiming high instead weaker song like Where the sinners go..but i dont see hole first part as weaker..just opening track and maybe little Are you metal..but that is mater of taste..:) you rate it as you like it
28.05.2011 - 13:49
Anriii

Written by Metal Invader on 28.05.2011 at 13:41

I just hate when they put that fast and great songs as bonus tracks like Faster we fall and Aiming high instead weaker song like Where the sinners go..

I agree about this, the bonus songs are great, they should be in the album
15.06.2011 - 13:21
Baz Anderson

Looking back at this album half a year on, and it is still one of the best albums this band has ever released. I think after this long I was sick of "Gambling..."
Can't figure out if I prefer this or "The Dark Ride", but either way - it is in my top four Helloween albums...
15.06.2011 - 15:42
Metal Invader

Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2011 at 13:21

Looking back at this album half a year on, and it is still one of the best albums this band has ever released. I think after this long I was sick of "Gambling..."
Can't figure out if I prefer this or "The Dark Ride", but either way - it is in my top four Helloween albums...

I agree..7 sinners is my favorite album after keeper II..
it is great album and its fresh..
like you said im sick of Gambling(not cos its bad) and old Helloween albums..
i love metal of the 80s but i like new and fresh more(when the albums are good ofcours)and that is the case of this album!
Maybe(i hope) next album will be even better and i will put 7 sinners aside after a long time listening!
11.08.2011 - 17:20
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.06.2011 at 13:21

Helloween is one of my favorite bands. I like their music a lot but i just don't think 7 Sinners is their best effort, i think this band can offer more especially Michael Weikath. It might be better than Keeper Legacy but i wouldn't say it's better than Gambling. 7 Sinners might have better songs but the amount of good songs on Gambling are more. Many people seem to have fell in love with this record which isn't bad, it's better than 95% of the releases in 2010 but i wouldn't give it more than an 8. Time Of The Oath and Dark Ride beat this one by far and so do the Keepers...
11.08.2011 - 19:46
mandrake88
Account deleted
Regards the 7 sinners, by my opinion it is great album, and i think Andi's performance on the album is good enough to bring the whole album to the best of "Deris era"..... good sound quality, and heavy riffs etc...... but, i just checked their live performance from wacken 2011, live.... a full concert about 1 hour...... god, how much they suck!! Deris singing Kiske songs is the worst side of the whole Helloween story..... March of time, i'm alive, i want out, dr stein....... I'm sorry if there are a lot of Deris fans on this site, he's great singer, really, but rather singing in Pink Cream 69.
I like his voice rather low pitched, fast, or his strong screams at times, but eagle fly free and the other Keepers..... thanks, but no thanks.
30.09.2011 - 09:24
jimmy

Ugh! no offense to anyone on here but helloween is never going to write another "keepers", ok? yes, i know there was keepers 3 and blah blah but come on! get over it already! it's like you people are stuck in a time warp or something. "they'll never write anything as good as 'rust in peace', they'll never write anything as good as 'master of puppets', it's not as good as 'keepers', and blah blah blah. jesus people if thats all you want from a band then dont buy any of their new stuff and just play the same album over and over. i mean come on, do you all remember the tragic albums that FOLLOWED the keepers? now THOSE were some shitty albums but this one? this one is up there with the best helloween has ever put out. is it keepers? NO. but then, i dont want it to be either. i want NEW music from bands, not the same album over and over again. keepers is great and all but i just think it's time to stop going BACKWARDS with our though processes here.
02.10.2011 - 16:40
Metal Invader

Written by jimmy on 30.09.2011 at 09:24

Ugh! no offense to anyone on here but helloween is never going to write another "keepers", ok? yes, i know there was keepers 3 and blah blah but come on! get over it already! it's like you people are stuck in a time warp or something. "they'll never write anything as good as 'rust in peace', they'll never write anything as good as 'master of puppets', it's not as good as 'keepers', and blah blah blah. jesus people if thats all you want from a band then dont buy any of their new stuff and just play the same album over and over. i mean come on, do you all remember the tragic albums that FOLLOWED the keepers? now THOSE were some shitty albums but this one? this one is up there with the best helloween has ever put out. is it keepers? NO. but then, i dont want it to be either. i want NEW music from bands, not the same album over and over again. keepers is great and all but i just think it's time to stop going BACKWARDS with our though processes here.

well i dont know why are you(when you said you people)attacking all of us..imo half of us people here are agreeing with you inclouding me!
sorry if i missunderstood!!peace
06.10.2011 - 23:38
Rating: 9
Pelcu

Perfect album. That's what I waiting for since few years. More than half of the album's songs are real hits - staying in my mind for longer time and provoke me to hum As always perfect orchestrations and real virtuosity (guitars, drums...). I won't more!
----
Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
10.10.2011 - 03:13
jimmy

@CROBOY (sorry i tried to quote you but i didnt get it right)
no, i wasn't bitching at EVERYBODY who posted here. i see that there are a lot of people that love the album but, i was talking about the unfortunate minority who purposely DONT like this album simply because its "not keepers".
11.10.2011 - 00:38
Metal Invader

Written by jimmy on 10.10.2011 at 03:13

@CROBOY (sorry i tried to quote you but i didnt get it right)
no, i wasn't bitching at EVERYBODY who posted here. i see that there are a lot of people that love the album but, i was talking about the unfortunate minority who purposely DONT like this album simply because its "not keepers".

no problem..my english is limited so i cant write all what is on my mind and i will be limited on this one sorry..im agreeing that many people( and some that i know) are stuck in the moment with keeper albums and dont see further ahead..maybe becose later albums are(pink and cameleon) disappointing and others imo just average till gambling and 7 sinners whas recorded..i know people that hate andis singing and so every album is shit to them becose its not kiske or hansen on album but they didnt bother listen more then 2 songs..i dont like this kind of judging but that kind of people exist and have right to do this..im a big fan but i dont think that everything Helloween do is gold..they do some bad songs and albums but i try to judge album odjective! maybe im wrong but im with you!
19.11.2011 - 20:24
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Damn, Aiming High [iTunes bonus] is great!...Once again, Helloween makes a killer track a bonus.
20.11.2011 - 00:15
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
I've come to like this album more than previous two. It's good, but the production is awkward - guitars are too toned down as to make "newer better faster" drumming style more prominent.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
20.11.2011 - 20:06
Metal Invader

Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 20.11.2011 at 00:15

I've come to like this album more than previous two. It's good, but the production is awkward - guitars are too toned down as to make "newer better faster" drumming style more prominent.

They recorded that album on natural ear freequency so the album will creat more calm atmosfere..
Atleast band said that in intewiev..so production is little awkward yes
25.12.2011 - 17:43
Swamphell

Perfect album ,,,"Who is Mr. Madman" is the best one
29.02.2012 - 20:27
Metal Invader

Written by RetardedByMetal on 28.02.2012 at 11:22

Dont know why so many people overrated this album. All instruments play too loud, I was confused with their music direction. This album exactly reminded me of Metallica- Death Magnetic. Only recommend to new listeners. If you have been listening to Metal for more than 5 years and yet still love this album, then I would say you are disgraceful.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and taste .. I listen to metal for more than 12 years and especially like power metal and Helloween and I think this is one of the best of their albums .. and I do not see a problem with this and why im disgraceful and compare to who or what?
im shure that there is many album or metal stiles that you like and i dont so why should you be disgraceful..imo its just mater of taste..peace!:)
29.02.2012 - 21:42
Metal Invader

Written by RetardedByMetal on 29.02.2012 at 20:52

Written by Metal Invader on 29.02.2012 at 20:27

Written by RetardedByMetal on 28.02.2012 at 11:22

Dont know why so many people overrated this album. All instruments play too loud, I was confused with their music direction. This album exactly reminded me of Metallica- Death Magnetic. Only recommend to new listeners. If you have been listening to Metal for more than 5 years and yet still love this album, then I would say you are disgraceful.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and taste .. I listen to metal for more than 12 years and especially like power metal and Helloween and I think this is one of the best of their albums .. and I do not see a problem with this and why im disgraceful and compare to who or what?
im shure that there is many album or metal stiles that you like and i dont so why should you be disgraceful..imo its just mater of taste..peace!:)

I have been "seriously" listening Metal for 27 years. The Time of The Oath is their Best, those Part 1, Part 2 shit are definitely overrated, may be for children, sound kiddy to me. As for 7 Sinners........z z z z z......

Walls Of Jericho is imo better then Time Of The Oath..but like i said you have your opinion and i have mine and its ok..nothing disgraceful in that and cos i like 7 sinners and keeper 2..maybe it is(in your eyes) for kidds and maybe there is a kidd still in me and i like it..maybe when i will be older as you are(no ofence) will se things different..till then i will disagree with you that im disgraceful becose i like something that you dont!:)
24.07.2012 - 20:21
mandrake88
Account deleted
The album is kicking ass.... nothing more to say!
03.08.2016 - 17:06
Rating: 5
majormalfunction

Better than Gambling With The Devil but at many times it suffers the same problems. Helloween has lost the ability to write songs that are memorable and holds all the way through. It's also very repetetive. The best songs here is the quite simple yet effective Saxon sounding "Long Live the King" and the catchy "Raise The Noise" (love that flute solo)... and while there are a handful other solid tracks it's just not enough to make me want to listen to this more than sometimes out of curiosity.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
30.06.2017 - 16:26
musicalkaratekid

From what I've heard so far, this album seems to be the strongest Helloween effort of the last decade or so. I guess that's not saying much given that the band have been treading more or less the same musical path since "Gambling with the Devil", but the delivery and all-round performance on "7 Sinners" seems a lot more consistent in comparison. So nothing groundbreaking here, but very solid stuff. "Are You Metal?" and "Far in the Future" would be my personal highlights.
21.01.2020 - 19:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wow this is pure heavy metal and speed metal, its killer maybe their best from new era albums. Was it what Barry once said on SB? I agree, its killer
01. Where The Sinners Go
02. Are You Metal?
03. Who Is Mr. Madman
05. World Of Fantasy

Those are killer songs specially 5th !!!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 39039 | This month: 31