Metal Storm logo
The Heretic - Drummer Passed Away

Xtreem Music has confirmed the death of The Heretic drummer Cristóbal Martínez. The Heretic are an underground Spanish symphonic black metal band, who recently regrouped after a small hiatus. Not so long ago the band released a comeback compilation album, called Memorandum (1997-2007). Cristóbal Martínez was one of the founders of the band back in 1995.

The emotional message from Xtreem Music goes as follows: "With big sorrow we must announce that on past 13th of June, our great friend, drummer and leader of the band The Heretic, Cristóbal, died in his flat due to a fortuitous home accident. It was yesterday, day 14th, when his flat-mate found his lifeless body and all his nearest people knew about this tragic event.

From Xtreem Music we're deeply affected by this loss, since Cristóbal wasn't only a great musician, but above all, a more than excellent person of great human quality that only left friends wherever he went. Anyone who had the pleasure of dealing personally with him, can only say good things about Cristóbal and for us, whose relationship dates since more than 13 years ago, it's a shock having lost such a great musician and comrade.

We want to give our deepest condolence to his family, friends and specially his brothers in The Heretic (Juan Carlos, Fernando, Javier & Raul) - a band thanks to which Cristóbal can be more than proud of being able to leave an indelible legacy of the highest quality through all their recordings and shows. Needless to say that the reunion show that the band were preparing for the next months where they would present their most recent release Memorandum (1997-2007), released just 2 months ago, won't take place and the future of the band remains more uncertain than ever.

The rest of members of the band are still very affected with this shocking loss, so they haven't been able to update their official website, but anyone who wish to leave their last words to Cristóbal, can do it at this location."

Source: xtreemmusic.com
Posted: 15.06.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 153 users
15.06.2010 - 21:10
Prisoner
Account deleted
Rest in peace
15.06.2010 - 22:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
It's unfortunate when the first time you hear of a band is when one of their members dies and you can only appreciate their talent and offerings after the fact. Regardless, be at peace!
----
The force will be with you, always.
15.06.2010 - 22:58
sbgmetal

Woaw weired hes got my middle name which i go by... without the accent mark... RIP
16.06.2010 - 00:03
Elodie Artour
Slania
Oh, come on! Once again?! Another one?! @God: You're damn cruel!

@Clint W.: I totally agree with you, dude. It's indeed sad...

RIP, Cristóbal!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
16.06.2010 - 00:14
Lord_Regnier

"Fortuitous home accident"

Is it the new definition of the word "overdose"?
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.06.2010 - 02:39
trendkill-

Oh for fuck sakes.

its metal musician massacre year.

RIP
16.06.2010 - 03:40
Symmachus

I have not heard of this band, but it's very much a misfortune about the drummer's death. Rest in peace Cristóbal Martínez.
16.06.2010 - 06:58
Shadowcross
The Summoner
They don't have a profile on MS?
fail..
16.06.2010 - 07:31
Ask

Got this email this morning. I wasn't familiar with these guys but a loss of a metal brother is a loss nonetheless.

Rest in peace and have fun chillin with Dio
16.06.2010 - 18:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.06.2010 at 00:14

"Fortuitous home accident" - Is it the new definition of the word "overdose"?

No. But this comment is a new definition of "no class".
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.06.2010 - 03:34
Lord_Regnier

Written by Thryce on 16.06.2010 at 18:18

Telling the truth directly and plainly is never rude. It's only realistic.

However, it was really a question because I don't know how the guy died. I believe it was probably an overdose but I don't know it for sure.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
17.06.2010 - 10:06
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.06.2010 at 03:34

Written by Thryce on 16.06.2010 at 18:18

Telling the truth directly and plainly is never rude. It's only realistic. However, it was really a question because I don't know how the guy died. I believe it was probably an overdose but I don't know it for sure.

Hold on there, Horatio Caine. There's a difference between telling the truth directly and plainly, and narrow-minded stereotyping that is proof of little taste. Just because a relatively young metal musician suddenly dies, doesn't necessarily indicate he OD'ed. At least have the decency to wait until more information about the cause of death is given before passing judgment.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.06.2010 - 02:25
enumaelis

A good band from Spain, and we dont have too many...
RIP
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/

Hits total: 3052 | This month: 4