Metal Storm logo
Demonic Resurrection

16.08.2006 - 23:16
TimmyPix

For those not in the know, Demonic Resurrection are an Indian metal band, playing what they call "Demonic metal". In reality this is more a mix of Black and Doom metal (I think).

Their song Apocalyptic Dawn was in one of the Follow The Storm compilations about 5 months back, which is how I discovered them, and i bought the album. Just wondered what anyone else thinks of them.
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
16.08.2006 - 23:23
Damnated
Churchburner
Nah, they're not black/doom, more like an indian dimmu borgir, in the good way. I really like this band, but never got their works. only fragments, so I can't form a real opinion of them. But if there are more bands like them in India, metal will shine, I'm shure of it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.08.2006 - 09:11
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Damnated on 16.08.2006 at 23:23

Nah, they're not black/doom, more like an indian dimmu borgir, in the good way. I really like this band, but never got their works. only fragments, so I can't form a real opinion of them. But if there are more bands like them in India, metal will shine, I'm shure of it.

Demonic Ressurection is from my town of Bombay and they are
a Melodic/Symphonic Death/Black (Demonic) Metal band. Dimmu Borgir is one of the major influence of the band and are not exactly Indian Dimmu Borgir.
They have released two albums till date, the first one is out of print while the second one "A Darkness Descends" was a huge success in the metal community in India and also sold many copies abroad.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=2291

http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=6&id=9317

I must make a special mention about the amazing artwork of the album.
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
17.08.2006 - 10:54
Damnated
Churchburner
Free mp3s are available here. AT the mean time, I got my hands on A Darkness Descends, and it's just a great album. IT must by owned by everyone
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.08.2006 - 11:45
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Damnated on 17.08.2006 at 10:54

Free mp3s are available here. AT the mean time, I got my hands on A Darkness Descends, and it's just a great album. IT must by owned by everyone

You got the OCD? Yeah it is an amazing album, "arguably" the best by an Indian band
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
17.08.2006 - 11:47
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valar on 17.08.2006 at 11:45

You got the OCD? Yeah it is an amazing album, "arguably" the best by an Indian band

What is OCD
----

17.08.2006 - 12:02
Valar
IndianSteel
Written by Damnated on 17.08.2006 at 11:47

What is OCD

Original CD
----
17.08.2006 - 12:58
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Valar on 17.08.2006 at 12:02

Written by Damnated on 17.08.2006 at 11:47

What is OCD

Original CD

Nah, I wish I had. I got it off Soulseek
----

17.08.2006 - 16:02
TimmyPix

Tis a great album! It's not really my thing entirely, but it's still brilliant. Highly recommended.
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
17.08.2006 - 18:04
bloodygore
Account deleted
I thought this band was rather interesting... can't remember the last time I listened to them though, but they're probably the best Indian band I've heard... maybe. haha.
06.09.2006 - 17:50
Valar
IndianSteel
Well this topic certainly needs a *bump*

Just found an interview done with the band's vocalist.
http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=4&id=10380
----
06.11.2006 - 03:37
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Demonic Resurrection is definitely one of the best bands in India, their tag demonic metal is actually "Death/Black" not Doom im afraid. Must listen tracks in their album A Darkness Descends are Frozen Potrait, Dreams of the Dead and The Summoning.

The band has had lots of nice reviews from lots of nice places, you should surely buy their album from here www.cdbaby.com Cheers.
06.11.2006 - 07:19
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Demonic Resurrection , I still remember the day when i saw 'Apocalyptic Dawn' in metalstorm compilation , oh what a feeling . DR ( Demonic Resurrection ) is surely a unique band , they play mixture of power black and death .... sounds interesting isnt . A Darkness Descends is awesome , and they get good reviewed by most of the metal site.

Sad that the drummer Jayesh ( JP ) left the band.
02.12.2006 - 06:42
Demonstealer
Account deleted
Small Update from the band

We are recording a new 'single' which is going to be released in January and I think our sound has gotten a bit darker with the new material.

Album should be out by July-Aug 2007
14.07.2007 - 13:20
Demonstealer
Account deleted
We released the EP on 8th April in Mumbai.

Internationally its available with www.sufferingjesus.info
10.05.2008 - 21:24
Demonstealer
Account deleted
We also got a new pre production clip for our new album on myspace.
www.myspace.com/demonicresurrection

Cheers and thanks for the support always!!
13.05.2008 - 17:20
KC

Not exactly my cup of tea, but they are pretty interesting and good at what they do. Check them out.
----
Transcending Obscurity Records | PR Company | Online Magazine (est 2005)

http://www.tometal.com
http://www.facebook.com/transcendingobscurity