Metal Storm logo
Man Sets Fire Top Apartment To "Smoke Out Ninjas"

16.08.2006 - 23:33
animal
MAN SET FIRE TO HIS FLAT 'TO SMOKE OUT NINJAS'
Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

10:15 - 15 August 2006
A man suffering from hallucinations set fire to his flat to smoke out "the Ninjas" hiding under his bed, Leicester Crown Court heard.

Stanley Turner suffered the temporary delusional illness when trying to wean himself off alcohol.

The fire caused almost £17,000 damage to the flat where he lived and the one below, in High Street, Oakham.

Mark Watson, prosecuting, said at 6am, on March 27, this year, the neighbour in the flat below heard banging and then saw the defendant outside. The 45-year-old told her there was a small fire and kept insisting he could see a woman in the hallway, when no-one was there.

The fire service arrived to find the bedroom on fire. Turner told a fire officer he had also set alight a toilet roll in the flat to "smoke out Ninjas from under his bed".

He was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary and was an in-patient for four days. When interviewed on March 31, he told officers he had been tormented by hallucinations of people in his flat and started the blaze to get rid of them.

He claimed to have drunk four cans of cider beforehand. A binge drinker, he gave up spirits to drink wine and then changed to cider.

"Temporary psychosis was induced by the alcohol and the manner in which he'd changed his tipple," said Tamia Tago, defending.

Turner, who admitted arson, received a 52-week jail sentence, suspended for two years, and a supervision order, which will include assistance with his drink problem.

Link
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
17.08.2006 - 00:03
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
haha, i thought this here was hilarious
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.08.2006 - 00:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Lol, quite funny indeed!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.08.2006 - 00:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
What a nerd!
----
17.08.2006 - 00:37
Damnated
Churchburner
Don't drink kids, then don't try to scare away ninjas! They're not going to leave. I'm surprised the guy didn't set the courtroom on fire. I'm shure the ninjas were there, laughing.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
17.08.2006 - 00:53
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Poor ninjas.
----
17.08.2006 - 01:08
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
This has got to be the weirdest thing I have ever read. I never knew trying to get off alcohol makes you hallucinate. Although, it would have been awesome if there were actual ninjas hiding under the bed. Also, like Damnated said, you can't scare a ninja away with fire.
17.08.2006 - 01:46
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Written by Elijah on 17.08.2006 at 00:53

Poor ninjas.

Yeah! Think of the ninjas...
17.08.2006 - 06:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 17.08.2006 at 01:46

Written by Elijah on 17.08.2006 at 00:53

Poor ninjas.

Yeah! Think of the ninjas...

Yeah, I think of the ninjas too...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.08.2006 - 05:53
Daru Jericho
Wow, I think I might feel sorry for the dude.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.08.2006 - 01:29
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Nah, I feel more sorry for the ninjas.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.08.2006 - 18:35
jizzlord
like a fox
at least he didnt think he was an orange and try to peal himself!
----

01.09.2006 - 06:43
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Haha this is funny and weird.

Think id prefer to live with Ninjas than to risk being raped in jail
----

Hellcunt Smurf
01.09.2006 - 17:41
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by jizzlord on 31.08.2006 at 18:35

at least he didnt think he was an orange and try to peal himself!

That cannot be caused by simple hallucinations though, I believe. You gotta take something like mushrooms to be THAT fucked up. Even there, you gotta take quite a bit of shrooms for that to happen...
02.09.2006 - 00:18
tulkas
el parcero
Dude, what type of alcohol did he drink!? I've been drunk, but never to the point of seeing ninjas under my bed
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
02.09.2006 - 20:28
jizzlord
like a fox
Written by SilentScream on 01.09.2006 at 17:41

That cannot be caused by simple hallucinations though, I believe. You gotta take something like mushrooms to be THAT fucked up. Even there, you gotta take quite a bit of shrooms for that to happen...

i think the whole orange thing was some urban legend about some dude trafficing lsd by hiding it on his person
----

07.03.2007 - 17:13
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Its quite sad... the man should get rid of the halucinations problem soon or he might invite something worse...
----
that which shines without names and forms...