Metal Storm logo
Wormphlegm

21.06.2010 - 00:54
Got Mayhem?

Searched and did not find a thread for the great Finnish band Wormphlegm. Anyone who considers themselves a fan of Funeral doom should check out their demo "In an Excruciating Way..." and LP "Tomb of the Ancient King". It's been 4 years now since they've come out with any material and I'm not quite sure whether any more will be released but at least for now we have two amazing pieces of Funeral Doom to keep us satisfied.
----
21.06.2010 - 00:59
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am of fan of Funeral Doom in general and I think Wormphlegm is definitely one of the top bands in the genre. Unfortunately it's hard to find their material so hopefully they'll release their album sometime in the future. I have no idea what the state of the band is either and if they'll ever release anything new. Regardless, Tomb of the Ancient King and their demo are a couple of the most vile releases ever spewed forth unto this godless Earth.
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.06.2010 - 01:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I didn't realise they were a funeral doom band, the name gave me the impression of a death metal or goregrind band or something, which is probably why I never bothered looking into them.
21.06.2010 - 01:08
Got Mayhem?

Definitely worth checking out. If you like minimalistic stuff in the vein of Thergothon and Worship but with a sick, torturous twist then you should enjoy Wormphlegm.
----
21.06.2010 - 02:06
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Wormphlegm is quite the enigma. Their logo suggests a brutal death metal band, but their sound is more along the lines of funeral drone/doom metal. I once made a video of their song 'In an Excrutiating Way' with the speed quadrupled. It was pretty funny, but it appears I have lost it. Perhaps I should make it again.
21.06.2010 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know it, i heard it once , was good lil Fin vesrion about The Funeral Orchestra IMO
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2010 - 19:13
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
For those who don't know, the demo has been released on vinyl recently.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
22.06.2010 - 16:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Some of us know and have it now ;-)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.06.2010 - 18:57
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I take my hat off to you sir.

How did they put it on the LP anyway? Is it the whole song crammed onto one side of the LP, or a shorter version or did they cut it in half?
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
22.06.2010 - 19:30
ß
Problem?
Ahh Wormphlegm, I don't hear them mentioned too often. In an Excruciating Way... is an excellent piece of Funeral Doom, so damn crushing.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.06.2010 - 18:20
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Written by -tom- on 22.06.2010 at 18:57

How did they put it on the LP anyway? Is it the whole song crammed onto one side of the LP, or a shorter version or did they cut it in half?

They cut it.
25.06.2010 - 18:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

I am still waiting for it to arrive. But apparently it was sent out to me yesterday so should have it somewhere next week. I will let you know.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2010 - 12:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I have the demo re-release as well. Hell fucking yeah! Now just release Tomb again and I can die a happy man.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.06.2010 - 20:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Finally received it today.
The song is cut in half. But now I have problems figuring out what is side a and what is side b, since I never heard the song before
Usually what side is which is edged in the run out part of the groove, but it seems that they haven't done that here either hahahaha
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2010 - 20:33
Daniell
_爱情_
I think that song starts with the sound of water (at least that's what I remember). I had this demo as an mp3 a few years back.
30.06.2010 - 20:55
Got Mayhem?

It does indeed start with the sound of water. If they cut it straight in half then the second side would start with some double bass in the backround and screeching for vocals.

EDIT: Actually, at around the 17 minute mark a section of clean guitar begins so that may be where the decided to cut?
----
30.06.2010 - 21:15
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Got Mayhem? on 30.06.2010 at 20:55

It does indeed start with the sound of water. If they cut it straight in half then the second side would start with some double bass in the backround and screeching for vocals.

EDIT: Actually, at around the 17 minute mark a section of clean guitar begins so that may be where the decided to cut?

Yeah, they cut out the acoustic interlude.
30.06.2010 - 21:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

ONe side does start with a clean guitar part.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2010 - 21:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 30.06.2010 at 21:15

The acoustic part is there on the vinyl. I don't know where you got the idea it isn't.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2010 - 21:47
Got Mayhem?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.06.2010 at 21:36

ONe side does start with a clean guitar part.

Yep that's definitely the second half then. It's kind of weird that they didn't give you any way to know that on your own haha.
----
30.06.2010 - 22:18
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.06.2010 at 21:37

Written by Guest on 30.06.2010 at 21:15

The acoustic part is there on the vinyl. I don't know where you got the idea it isn't.

I guess I must have gotten a different mp3 of it.