10. Judas Priest
11. Crawl
12. The Constant
13. Revolution Screams
14. New Noise [Refused cover] [bonus]

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
I contracted my first case of Anthrax in '87 when a friend started blaring "I'm The Man!" in his truck one night. Was hoping for the best on this album? and went back nearly 25 years for the inspiration for this review.

Hit play and sing along!

Now they're Anthrax and they take no shit
Over the last three years had eight vocalists

Read more ››
published 15.09.2011 | Comments (61)

Guest review by
Iron Nostarion
Rating:
Eight years have passed since Anthrax, the so-called "kings of mosh", last released a studio album. Although their heavy metal shift (from their thrash origins) wasn't causing much anticipation for this album at first, several announcements and the return of Joey Belladonna, as well as the online promotional release of the excellent track "Fight 'Em Til You Can't", caused this album to be one of the most anticipated metal albums of the year. A decent amount of people were expecting it to be a groundbreaking thrash metal album, including myself, and most others at least expected it to be a somehow solid release.

Read more ››
published 21.09.2011 | Comments (13)

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Let us get this out of the way immediately: yes, it's true, Worship Music only has about three thrash songs on it. Yes, "Fight 'Em 'Till You Can't" bears some striking similarities to "Gridlock" off of Persistence Of Time. Joey Belladonna is overdubbed a lot. Most of the album is slow or mid-paced. Essentially, this album is different. It is not the same Anthrax that Joey left In 1992. If you hit 'play' expecting to hear "Indians" or "Time," you will be sadly disappointed. However, on its own merits, Worship Music is a masterpiece.

Read more ››
published 24.12.2011 | Comments (51)

Guest review by
s7mon
Rating:
"At last!" one might shout being finally able to lay hands on the newest Anthrax effort, Worship Music. Eight long years we waited for some new material. Well, alright, new material released officially on CD. It's easy to assume that the role of this album - apart from bringing some good music of course - was to prove that Anthrax didn't vanish and are still here to remind the youngsters what thrashing is all about. Did they manage to do it? Well...

Read more ››
published 01.02.2012 | Comments (2)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 5

Comments: 148   Visited by: 1223 users
02.09.2011 - 18:58
Rating: 9
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2011 at 18:52
Yes I have

You're lucky! lol

What is your overall opinion of it? It's funny that you mentioned that a couple of the songs would have been better with John Bush singing them, cos in one of the reviews I've read, he said that "Revolution Screams" would have sounded better with John singing, and it sounded like more his type of song. Is that one of the songs you think would have been better with John on vocals?
05.09.2011 - 19:25
John Shock
I already have it! ...i'm gonna listen to it now! ...Fight em til you cant really kicks ass! \m/ anthrax rules!
05.09.2011 - 19:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 19:25

I already have it! ...i'm gonna listen to it now! ...Fight em til you cant really kicks ass! \m/ anthrax rules!

I have just this moment finished listening to it! hehe

"Earth On Hell" is an absolute monster of a song! Aside from "Fight Em'..." it's the only song where they really put their foot to the accelerator, and hearing Joey singing again with a crushing Anthrax thrash attack is awesome! \m/

"I'm Alive" is very catchy and could be a single, whereas "Judas Priest" is a great tribute to the legends themselves! Very melodic and classic sounding with a dash of thrash thrown in too! I especially love the line "Screaming, Rapid Fire, Genocide... Screaming, Saints In Hell, I'm Running Wild", every Priest fan will know what is meant by that! xD

"The Constant" and "In The End" were also immediate stand outs. "Crawl" sounds a bit weak compared to the best songs, although it is a song that sounds more designed for John Bush's vocals...

I'm definitely going to buy this, it's so awesome to hear Joey back with Anthrax.
05.09.2011 - 20:17
BudDa
elite
Am going to buy this one as well..however bad it turns out to be. I just love Anthrax
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
05.09.2011 - 21:02
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.09.2011 at 19:40

Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 19:25

I have just this moment finished listening to it! hehe

"Earth On Hell" is an absolute monster of a song! Aside from "Fight Em'..." it's the only song where they really put their foot to the accelerator, and hearing Joey singing again with a crushing Anthrax thrash attack is awesome! \m/

"I'm Alive" is very catchy and could be a single, whereas "Judas Priest" is a great tribute to the legends themselves! Very melodic and classic sounding with a dash of thrash thrown in too! I especially love the line "Screaming, Rapid Fire, Genocide... Screaming, Saints In Hell, I'm Running Wild", every Priest fan will know what is meant by that! xD

"The Constant" and "In The End" were also immediate stand outs. "Crawl" sounds a bit weak compared to the best songs, although it is a song that sounds more designed for John Bush's vocals...

I'm definitely going to buy this, it's so awesome to hear Joey back with Anthrax.

Believe me dear! I'm listening to "In The End" (in the half of the album), and i'm loving it! ...Buy it believe me!
05.09.2011 - 21:05
John Shock
Written by BudDa on 05.09.2011 at 20:17

Am going to buy this one as well..however bad it turns out to be. I just love Anthrax

Buy it, it's preety good! ...believe a Headbanger's word!
05.09.2011 - 21:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by BudDa on 05.09.2011 at 20:17

I really had severe doubts about this album being great, and all the shenanigans (Firing John Bush to reunite with Joey, then firing Joey again for frivilous reasons, etc...) over the last few years soured the band to me. But they've really pulled it out of the fire, and made a great album, which after all that's gone on, I had no real expectations for at all. How it really stacks up against their other albums, I wont know until I've heard it again a few times, but I immediately played it again after the first listen, which is always a great sign. xD
05.09.2011 - 21:10
DrM
DreaMutilated
Finally! Welcome back Joey, thank you for reviving Anthrax! I hate this month... So many great albums coming out. Here goes my pay check...
05.09.2011 - 21:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 21:02
Believe me dear! I'm listening to "In The End" (in the half of the album), and i'm loving it! ...Buy it believe me!

Oh I do, believe me! lol

"In The End" is a majestic, epic, wonderful song! It has a very melancholic and powerful emotional quality. After the 2nd listen, even with no lyric sheet, I was singing along with the chorus of it... xD

@RocknRaven: It is an irony that after all the crap Charlie and especially Scott directed at Joey after both times he was fired, that it is Joey who has breathed new life into the band. Im so glad he is back!
05.09.2011 - 21:31
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.09.2011 at 21:21

Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 21:02

Oh I do, believe me! lol

"In The End" is a majestic, epic, wonderful song! It has a very melancholic and powerful emotional quality. After the 2nd listen, even with no lyric sheet, I was singing along with the chorus of it... xD

@RocknRaven: It is an irony that after all the crap Charlie and especially Scott directed at Joey after both times he was fired, that it is Joey who has breathed new life into the band. Im so glad he is back!

Already singing the album songs, wtf? ...well thats a nice catchy album from anthrax! love it! \m/
05.09.2011 - 21:35
John Shock
Written by Guest on 13.07.2011 at 13:43

They covered "We Die Young" am definitely gonna listen to this one.

Sorry pal...they did not cover We Die Young! :S
05.09.2011 - 21:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 21:31
Already singing the album songs, wtf? ...well thats a nice catchy album from anthrax! love it! \m/

Haha, yep! And not just that one either! xD What this album sounds like to me, is a modern version of "Spreading The Disease"... There's a massive injection of melody and harmonies, which is an aspect of their sound that was diluted (although never totally abandoned) after that album. There is some massively heavy stuff, like "Revolution Screams", and crushing thrashfests like "Earth On Hell", but overall, the album is the their most melodic since "Spreading..." And that marriage of classic melodic metal with faster and heavier type stuff is one of the things that made Anthrax so captivating a band to me in the first place. \m/ And it just seems so fitting that Joey made his return to the band on this album. It's like Anthrax have come full circle, and have made a modern update of the first album that Joey was on. Which was obviously just a huge coincidence.. talk about fate! lol
05.09.2011 - 21:58
JD
Account deleted
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 21:35

Sorry pal...they did not cover We Die Young! :S

I remember seeing We Die Young in the tracks list.

Damn.
05.09.2011 - 22:18
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.09.2011 at 21:52

Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 21:31

Haha, yep! And not just that one either! xD What this album sounds like to me, is a modern version of "Spreading The Disease"... There's a massive injection of melody and harmonies, which is an aspect of their sound that was diluted (although never totally abandoned) after that album. There is some massively heavy stuff, like "Revolution Screams", and crushing thrashfests like "Earth On Hell", but overall, the album is the their most melodic since "Spreading..." And that marriage of classic melodic metal with faster and heavier type stuff is one of the things that made Anthrax so captivating a band to me in the first place. \m/ And it just seems so fitting that Joey made his return to the band on this album. It's like Anthrax have come full circle, and have made a modern update of the first album that Joey was on. Which was obviously just a huge coincidence.. talk about fate! lol

Agree...and in fact i love belladonna's voice! I don't know why anthrax, passed years without him! But now it's revenge time! anthrax is back wo"men"
05.09.2011 - 22:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 22:18
Agree...and in fact i love belladonna's voice! I don't know why anthrax, passed years without him! But now it's revenge time! anthrax is back wo"men"

I do too! Joey has an amazing voice, fitting only to grace a top level band. So for 20 years to pass with Joey not doing anything significant was a really sad thing. It's as if he was born to sing for Anthrax, and hearing "Worship Music" only fully confirms that in my mind. As much as I love John Bush as a singer, and "Sound Of White Noise", Joey's vocals give Anthrax their signature sound. I can only hope Scott and Charlie realise their past mistakes and don't let Joey go again! He has proved once and for all that he can sing on their more modern sounding material, so they need to keep hold of him now, and I hope they do. xD
05.09.2011 - 22:45
John Shock
Now and for many many years! Let's rate the album 10?
05.09.2011 - 22:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 22:45

Now and for many many years! Let's rate the album 10?

Unless "Crawl" grows on me, I won't be able to rate the album 10. But it's still better than I could have hoped for in my wildest dreams... Joey even managed to pull off a song that is clearly tailored more for John Bush ("Revolution Screams") in fine style, and it's a testament to his dexterity as a vocalist. Charlie is also on fire on this album, and like Joey, his talents only seem to get better with age! He's always been one of metal's most underrated drummers, and some of the ridiculous stuff he pulls off behind the kit on "Worship Music" only proves to me once again that he is one of the all time greats in metal drumming. \m/
05.09.2011 - 23:06
John Shock
I guess you're right! And someone told me yesterday the same thing that you said to me now: "and like Joey, his talents only seem to get better with age!" That's cool! ...i wish Metalstorm put half points like 9.5 or 9.25 or something like that!
05.09.2011 - 23:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 23:06

I guess you're right! And someone told me yesterday the same thing that you said to me now: "and like Joey, his talents only seem to get better with age!" That's cool! ...i wish Metalstorm put half points like 9.5 or 9.25 or something like that!

I'll probably wait until I actually have the album to give my definitive rating to it, but it's looking very much like it'll probably be a 9 or 9.5 from me. It's a perfect blend of their classic and modern eras, and having Joey back on vocals is just the icing on the cake! \m/

After a year of disappointing releases from some of my fave bands (and one absolutely awful one! RIP Queensryche... ) it's a great surprise and a joy that Anthrax, who a couple of years ago I thought were dead in the water, have released such a great album. And easily one of their all time best. xD
05.09.2011 - 23:43
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.09.2011 at 23:26

Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 23:06

I'll probably wait until I actually have the album to give my definitive rating to it, but it's looking very much like it'll probably be a 9 or 9.5 from me. It's a perfect blend of their classic and modern eras, and having Joey back on vocals is just the icing on the cake! \m/

After a year of disappointing releases from some of my fave bands (and one absolutely awful one! RIP Queensryche... ) it's a great surprise and a joy that Anthrax, who a couple of years ago I thought were dead in the water, have released such a great album. And easily one of their all time best. xD

One question, i've only heard one album from queensryche - the operation mindcrime 1! How does the new album sound? :\
06.09.2011 - 00:05
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 23:43
One question, i've only heard one album from queensryche - the operation mindcrime 1! How does the new album sound? :\

Well, for one thing it sounds nothing like "Operation Mindcrime"... (or in fact, any of their great albums) It sounds like alternative rock of the blandest and most boring variety. How such a once great band can now sink such depths is just beyond me. It's really an awful album.
06.09.2011 - 00:12
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.09.2011 at 00:05

Written by John Shock on 05.09.2011 at 23:43

Well, for one thing it sounds nothing like "Operation Mindcrime"... (or in fact, any of their great albums) It sounds like alternative rock of the blandest and most boring variety. How such a once great band can now sink such depths is just beyond me. It's really an awful album.

Well, i understand the disappointment, but hey, rise up and listen to this magnific album from anthrax! ;-) don't be sad!
06.09.2011 - 00:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 00:12
Well, i understand the disappointment, but hey, rise up and listen to this magnific album from anthrax! ;-) don't be sad!

The new Anthrax has definitely been a tonic. Especially as I wasn't expecting anything great from them again... Joey has given them a new lease of life, and long may it continue!

As for the new Queensryche, Id rather forget that as soon possible...
06.09.2011 - 01:50
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.09.2011 at 00:31

Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 00:12

The new Anthrax has definitely been a tonic. Especially as I wasn't expecting anything great from them again... Joey has given them a new lease of life, and long may it continue!

As for the new Queensryche, Id rather forget that as soon possible...

Look i know this doesn't have nothing to do with anthrax, but i have the new Dream Theater album! It could be better, it's a peaceful album! Nice voice from the singer, a few keybords solos and even few drum techniques! :-) but still a nice album
06.09.2011 - 05:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 01:50
Look i know this doesn't have nothing to do with anthrax, but i have the new Dream Theater album! It could be better, it's a peaceful album! Nice voice from the singer, a few keybords solos and even few drum techniques! :-) but still a nice album

You have it? I didn't think it was out yet... I've been very apprehensive about listening to that album... I dunno why, I just have a strong feeling that it's not going to be very good. Although I hope I'm wrong. lol

A few drum techniques? With Mike Mangini behind the kit, I should hope so! hehe xD
06.09.2011 - 18:29
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.09.2011 at 05:16

Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 01:50

You have it? I didn't think it was out yet... I've been very apprehensive about listening to that album... I dunno why, I just have a strong feeling that it's not going to be very good. Although I hope I'm wrong. lol

A few drum techniques? With Mike Mangini behind the kit, I should hope so! hehe xD

It's a nice peaceful album, but isn't much heavy than other band albuns! It's good! I will rate it 8.5, but it's growing in me! :-)
06.09.2011 - 19:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 18:29
It's a nice peaceful album, but isn't much heavy than other band albuns! It's good! I will rate it 8.5, but it's growing in me! :-)

I will give it a listen soon hehee Cant stop listening to Worship Music for now though! xD
06.09.2011 - 22:14
John Shock
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.09.2011 at 19:43

Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 18:29

I will give it a listen soon hehee Cant stop listening to Worship Music for now though! xD

Do you know Apostasy? ...Is that of your style?
06.09.2011 - 22:18
The Benighted
A pretty solid album with a ton of highlights and a minimal amount of filler. I've seen comparisons to Death Magnetic in terms of a comeback, but this blows DM straight out of the water, frankly.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
06.09.2011 - 22:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by John Shock on 06.09.2011 at 22:14
Do you know Apostasy? ...Is that of your style?

If you mean the Behemoth album, then yes I do know it... if you mean anything else, then I don't.. lol

Hits total: 53971 | This month: 75