Metal Storm logo
Lantlôs

23.06.2010 - 04:30
Sunioj
Alright! I heard the new album and I think it's my favorite album this year by far. Who else is into this band? The music is so melancholic and heavy that it's calming. Neon is a great step up from the self titled, especially with the clean vocals! It's just sucha great album.
23.06.2010 - 07:25
Zuzuz0r
Finally this band got a thread(dunno why I never did it), anyways, .neon is becoming one of my favorites this year, Neige did a great work on vocals, and although he sings there, it doesn't sound like anything that could be done by him(Alcest, Amesoeurs, etc..) because Herbst was in charge of everything else. Those jazzy sections are sweet, pretty nice form of melancholic Black Metal.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
23.06.2010 - 10:06
Sunioj
Written by Zuzuz0r on 23.06.2010 at 07:25

Finally this band got a thread(dunno why I never did it), anyways, .neon is becoming one of my favorites this year, Neige did a great work on vocals, and although he sings there, it doesn't sound like anything that could be done by him(Alcest, Amesoeurs, etc..) because Herbst was in charge of everything else. Those jazzy sections are sweet, pretty nice form of melancholic Black Metal.

Holy shit, that's why the vocals seemed so familiar! I knew I heard the vocalist elsewhere, I think he really fits in well over here. Sounds like he is a really good influence on the band. And yes, the jazzy sections are just perfect. This album is really smooth and soothing, I def like it better than the self titled.
23.06.2010 - 11:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sorry to say I've never seen the appeal of this outfit, they just seem very middling and uninteresting, but I will check the new album out to see how they're progressing.
23.06.2010 - 19:17
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 23.06.2010 at 11:55

Sorry to say I've never seen the appeal of this outfit, they just seem very middling and uninteresting, but I will check the new album out to see how they're progressing.

Do it, it is a little bit more varied.
11.07.2012 - 03:10
Oaken
Hipster
TBH Agape was somehow enjoyable, but it wasn't all that amazing. It was very short, and it lacked something very important. I don't know what, but I guess I expected more.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
14.07.2012 - 11:35
Aristarchos
One of the few newer bands I really like.
14.07.2012 - 12:50
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 23.06.2010 at 11:55

Agree. Not so interested in them or Alcest (if they're in the same category) but if you're looking for a good band in this genre then check out Amesoeurs.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.07.2012 - 19:14
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by The Turbanator on 14.07.2012 at 12:50

if you're looking for a good band in this genre then check out Amesoeurs.

Not very related to Lantlôs's sound, but their only LP is a masterpiece.
16.07.2012 - 10:28
The Turbanator
Written by Unhealer on 15.07.2012 at 19:14

Written by The Turbanator on 14.07.2012 at 12:50

if you're looking for a good band in this genre then check out Amesoeurs.

Not very related to Lantlôs's sound, but their only LP is a masterpiece.

Their debut EP is my favorite though. Way darker than their LP.

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!