04. Underlord
05. Work Out
06. Lifeless
07. In The Name Of Greed
08. Betrayed
09. The Flame Of Anger
10. Twisted Hate
11. The Rack

In 2008 Andre NM of Nitrominds formed a new band with the help of Edu Niccolini, Ricardo Brigas and André Curci. The lineup was eventually solidified when Derrick Green of Sepultura fame joined on vocals. The result is Musica Diablo, a band with a pretty simple and straightforward premise: playing fucking fast thrash.

Needless to say, the debut album being reviewed here satisfies this premise. The tempos slow down to a brisk mid-tempo only in two songs ("Work Out" and "In The Name Of Greed") with the rest being essentially a non-stop full-speed assault. There are even blast-beats here. Anyone familiar with the Brazilian school of thrash metal knows what to expect: fast, brute thrash with as much focus given to the rhythms as to the riffs. Mind you, Musica Diablo do not reinvent the wheel here in any regard - we've all heard riffs, breakdowns and rhythms like these before from Slayer, Sepultura or Anthrax. There is absolutely nothing innovative, original or unique to be found here. It is, however, purely and undeniably great fun.

Musica Diablo is one of those albums that one can't really wax poetic a lot about. It's not rocket science - its primitive, straightforward thrash. Thats it! There are no detours and no need to discuss whether this stuff is catchier than Sepultura's Beneath The Remains or faster than Holy Terror's Mind Wars. The answer to both of these questions happens to be "NO"; however, Musica Diablo still push all the right thrash buttons. This is simply 33 minutes of primal thrash and if this is all you need, here is a band that delivers.

Written on 22.06.2010 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 74 users
29.06.2010 - 05:36
Rating: 8
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
With this review I really want to have a taste of this album, I need pure fucking Thrash!

EDIT: I listened to the whole thing, it was very entertaining, I love the fact that it's only 33 minutes, so I can listen to this every time I want to without getting bored. Just thrash metal without any boundaries, it's not a masterpiece, but it's not crap either, damn I love it!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
06.07.2010 - 12:47
Rating: 9
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Thanks for recommending it. A lot more engaging than the newest Exodus and certainly the right Thrash fix I've been looking for
----
loves 小巫
26.10.2011 - 08:34
sepulkisser

Thrash metal fucking all!!!
18.11.2011 - 04:52
sepulkisser

And Derrick Green demonstrates that Thrash runs through your veins!!

Hits total: 5880 | This month: 5