Metal Storm logo
Dark Moor

18.08.2006 - 13:18
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I feel that this thread needed to be created for this band, especially since I enjoy every single one of their releases, but one of the very distinct and sharp differences that remains at the centre is the decision to find a far different vocalist after the departure of their original vocalist, which is yet another reason I decided to post this topic, wanting to know what you like about this band as well as the decision to select a replacement vocalist that is far removed from the brilliant Elisa Candelas Martin, so please give me your thoughts as to what you think about this band...
19.08.2006 - 01:32
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I really enjoy this band but haven't found the same love for their new line-up. Dark Moor IS a talented band in all incarnations but Elisa C. Martin is brilliant and Hall of Olden Dreams is a power metal classic. Their latest two albums with the new partial line-up are good, but lack the inspiration and energy of the early days. I still consider myself a fan of the band both then and now
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
19.08.2006 - 09:48
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
They are an awesome power metal,probably one of the best.The Hall of the Olden Dreams is a very good album.They also do a very nice job of Helloween's "Halloween".God this band is awesome! Enrik Garcia is also quite the guitarist
20.08.2006 - 01:48
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Dark Moor is (was) one of the best and most underrated Power Metal bands ever i love their music....well...i loved it while Elisa C was still the vocalist cozz she had such an amazing voice. But the moment she left they replaced her with some whiney idiot and their music started to suck too so I only really enjoyed "Gates of Oblivion" and "Hall of Olden Dreams" - those 2 albums are AMAZING! The riffs they pulled off on those two albums are just insanely awesome...
20.08.2006 - 02:33
Baz Anderson
staff
i dont know Dark Moor well at all. i havent even listened to a full album of theirs
all i know is they are from Spain. haha
from what i have heard though, i think i will really enjoy them - so if there are any particular stand out albums that everyone seems to think the same about then let me know
20.08.2006 - 22:35
Susan
Smeghead
elite
@Baz: The Hall of Olden Dreams is a power metal classic A great "first" Dark Moor album
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
21.08.2006 - 07:09
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 20.08.2006 at 22:35

@Baz: The Hall of Olden Dreams is a power metal classic A great "first" Dark Moor album

I agree with you! That is a great album to start with,and a great album of theirs period!
21.08.2006 - 14:07
Baz Anderson
staff
righty then! thank you. i will put that on my lsit of things to get
i might try and get it now actually
22.08.2006 - 13:42
Baz Anderson
staff
i am just finishing listening to that album now. i am on the last track
i thought it was very good. the first thid of the album didnt grab me much, but that happens with a lot of new albums i listen to. after a frew more listens i will like it a lot more
the last half of the album has been fantastic though
22.08.2006 - 22:00
arnibes
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 20.08.2006 at 22:35

I personally only have: Dark Moor - Dark Moor
How is that album compared with all others?

I thought on the other albums are: other singers and more female singers
So I want to know which albums I really have to buy next.

Btw pretty underated band in the region where I live, only with my luck I bought that album
22.08.2006 - 22:27
Susan
Smeghead
elite
@arnibes: The self-titled album you have is the first one the band released after a major line-up change. Sevearl members of the band (including the original vocalist) left the band before that album was released, they went off to form Dreamaker. The original singer, Elisa C. Martin, is a KILLER vocalist. She belts it out just like the guys - she's definitely not a soprano or a "feminine sounding" singer. When I first heard her I thought it was a guy I believe their earlier work is FAR superior to their latest 2 albums with the new line-up. The newer stuff is great, but the early stuff is just no competition!! Check them out and let us know what you think
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
22.08.2006 - 23:04
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
The civer of helloween is awful i didn't like it at all, but the Gates odf oblivion album and between light and darkness are my favorites, also Beyond the sea. This badn isn't one of my favorites, but i like some pieces.
23.08.2006 - 12:31
Baz Anderson
staff
so its a woman singing on 'The Hall of Olden Dreams'??
she sounds just like a guy singing high..
23.08.2006 - 16:53
arnibes
Account deleted
Written by Susan on 22.08.2006 at 22:27

@arnibes: The self-titled album you have is the first one the band released after a major line-up change. Sevearl members of the band (including the original vocalist) left the band before that album was released, they went off to form Dreamaker. The original singer, Elisa C. Martin, is a KILLER vocalist. She belts it out just like the guys - she's definitely not a soprano or a "feminine sounding" singer. When I first heard her I thought it was a guy I believe their earlier work is FAR superior to their latest 2 albums with the new line-up. The newer stuff is great, but the early stuff is just no competition!! Check them out and let us know what you think

Many Thanks.

I'll check them out when they're again suddenly in the shops...
23.08.2006 - 17:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is a cool band, but I'm not a fan. They are sometimes very good and sometimes they suck, like the song "The Shadow of the Nile", always gives me and my friends a good laugh.
----
24.08.2006 - 11:57
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.08.2006 at 12:31

so its a woman singing on 'The Hall of Olden Dreams'??
she sounds just like a guy singing high..

Yeah, and she also sung in 'Shadowland' & 'Gates Of Oblivion'. She's really an unique vocalist. I've never heard of anyone sings like her , a woman who has a male voice
24.08.2006 - 12:48
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yeh, wow. its really quite weird
i dont know or like many bands with female singers, but i guess Dark Moor is one i do like then
26.08.2006 - 15:46
FOOCK Nam
I love this band's lyric and their melody are not bad
31.08.2006 - 22:40
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.08.2006 at 12:48

haha yeh, wow. its really quite weird
i dont know or like many bands with female singers, but i guess Dark Moor is one i do like then

Im the same...i hate female vocals no matter what kinda band it is but her voice is just amazing it fits perfectly to the music and its not the typical girly and annoying voice of most female vocals
31.08.2006 - 22:51
Baz Anderson
staff
hahaha. well im not so much of a femaile singer hater
i mean i do like Nightwish but i guess i like the music more then the vocals
and i like Within Temptation as well - well i say that but i havent listened to their latest album yet. i just know the older stuff so i dont know what i would make to them now

but yeh. the singing in Dark Moor is really good. more females should do the same!
10.10.2006 - 03:53
WindMyth
Account deleted
I like a lot this Symphonic Power Metal band, it has 2 vocals, really good and instrumental, well its cool, it has instruments that normal bands don't, really recomended.
10.10.2006 - 06:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Susan on 19.08.2006 at 01:32

I really enjoy this band but haven't found the same love for their new line-up. Dark Moor IS a talented band in all incarnations but Elisa C. Martin is brilliant and Hall of Olden Dreams is a power metal classic. Their latest two albums with the new partial line-up are good, but lack the inspiration and energy of the early days. I still consider myself a fan of the band both then and now

Exactly my thoughts. But for me Between Light And Darkness (the EP) is their best work and Elisa was amazing on it. Their new albums are great, like the self titled, the songs are great, but they dont have that Elisa strong point to memorize them completely. I still havent heard all their work yet.
13.10.2006 - 13:31
Vidrageon
Account deleted
It's an okay band, I loved the old singer, the new one isn't so great, and they have some great compositions, but that's really all of it.
04.11.2006 - 08:30
Devil Child
Account deleted
Dark Moor rock soooooo much, I think Dark Moor is the best power metal band to include classical elements in their music (Dies Irae).

Our journey is hard and the lake is far
We will never fall, in the strength we hold __Silver Lake__
24.01.2007 - 04:09
Iced Dog
Has anyone heard the new album Tarot? It's fucking brilliant...I've been hooked on it for a couple weeks now. The vocals are great (male, female, choirs, slight smattering of death vocals), and the neoclassical arrangements are very well done. The song Devil In The Tower actually has an acapella section that is unreal. The album concept is cool too...each track represents a different tarot card.

This was my first real exposure to the band, so I looked into their back catalog...quite impressive...the self-titled album is excellent as well, but Tarot remains my fave so far. I like both Elisa Martin and Alfred Romero as vocalists, so I have no complaints with either era.
----
04.07.2007 - 15:45
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A Dark Moor´s live video "Wheel of Fortune" from their last album "Tarot" directed and shot in Madrid by "Videos en Marcha" has been added to their YouTube channel and to the official Dark Moor Myspace page.
04.07.2007 - 23:11
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I have only their first album (and the demo) which I like a lot (many people say its crap but I do like it) I wanna get their other albums but they are quite hard to find here in america
----
07.07.2007 - 16:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
I bought two Dark Moor's albums on some sales few mounths ago The Gates Of Oblivion and Dark Moor and I liked them a lot; A Life for Revenge, The Bane of Daninsky ,The Werewolf, From Hell... they are all great Power Metal songs, with great lyrics, much better than any Power Metal band I used to hear in last few years and again, great music. I really liked their sound, everything fitted in in a way I like, production, vocals, riffs, sections, lyrics, everything. I don't hae other albums except in pm3 format, but I am looking forward to buy all albums, cause this band kick ass!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
09.10.2007 - 16:07
TheGrandDevilry
Account deleted
I only have their latest album 'Tarot' and i must say that i am really impressed. It is such a brilliant album, and reading what everyone has said in this forum makes me wanna check out some of their old stuff with their old singer, i look forward to it

On the 'Tarot' album my favourite songs would have to be 'Lovers' and 'Devil In The Tower', its just an all round great album

|m|(>_<)|m|
09.10.2007 - 17:24
Nixx
Account deleted
Dark Moor never fails <3