Metal Storm logo
Sepultura - Sign With Nuclear Blast Records

Sepultura have inked a deal with Nuclear Blast Records.

Guitarist Andreas Kisser states: "We are happy to be at Nuclear Blast, especially in the year we are celebrating 25 years of history, and it is a great honor for us to join forces with the most metal label in the world. I am sure this will be a great journey for both of us and we are already working on new material while on the road. Let's go for another 25 years!"

Nuclear Blast A&R manager Jaap Wagemaker further comments: "Yes, you got that right! Another great thrash band has joined the Nuclear family! We have been following the band around Andreas and Derrick Green for quite some time now and every time when we saw them play live, we were equally impressed by the sheer energy that they create on stage! After inviting the band to come to Donzdorf (Germany; Nuclear Blast's worldwide headquarters) and having some talks with them, we soon found out that we are all on the same page regarding what would be best for the future of Sepultura!

After 25 years of forging high-class thrash metal, the band is more alive than ever and we at Nuclear Blast are very happy that together with Sepultura we will work on another successful chapter in that history! A new album will be out in 2011 and judging from what we heard from the band, the best is yet to come!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sepultura
Posted: 07.07.2010 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 79 users
07.07.2010 - 19:05
Got Mayhem?

After 25 years of forging high-class thrash metal and then turning south...

Fixed. Congrats to the band though, it's really just their happiness that matters. I guess.
----
08.07.2010 - 03:12
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, I'm not surprised, Nuclear Blast have been signing a lot of well known bands to their armies the entire past year, so, another one is not a surprise, the question is, which bands are next? Place your bets...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
08.07.2010 - 04:49
sbgmetal

Dont care much for this sepultura... CC is more sepultura then this band is anyways...
08.07.2010 - 07:48
BudDa

Written by Daggon on 08.07.2010 at 03:12

Well, I'm not surprised, Nuclear Blast have been signing a lot of well known bands to their armies the entire past year, so, another one is not a surprise, the question is, which bands are next? Place your bets...

I know...
It seems of late everyone is signing to Nuclear Blast
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
08.07.2010 - 17:14
Goricyde
Account deleted
I bet I could walk down the streat playing air guitar and be approched by Nuclear Blast
08.07.2010 - 18:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hope the new album will be more Dante XXI and less A-Lex.
----
09.07.2010 - 17:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
After the letdown that was A-Lex, I'm not too sure what'll become out of this album. Everything since Against, with the exception of Dante XXI has more or less sucked.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.

Hits total: 2373 | This month: 3