Metal Storm logo
Julie Christmas - Solo Album This Autumn

Brooklyn's Julie Christmas ( Battle Of Mice, Made Out of Babies) has been mysteriously under the radar as of late. But far from disappearing, the emerging singer/songwriter has been busier than ever. Christmas is scheduled to release her first solo record, The Bad Wife, this fall. More details about the album are forthcoming, but "July 31st", a song from the pending release, is featured on the soundtrack for Paramount film, Wrong Turn at Tahoe, starring Harvey Keitel and Cuba Gooding Jr. A video to promote the album is in production.

"I use sounds to express feelings and ideas that I am too clumsy to get across with words alone," explains Christmas. "Working with amazing visual artists - people who speak in images - gets me one step closer to really communicating with anyone nuts enough to listen."

First noticed for her startling performances in NYC underground band Made Out of Babies, and her devastating vocals in Battle Of Mice, and super-group Spylacopa, Christmas has been busy expanding her repertoire. Currently, Christmas is collaborating with Nix Turner, renowned illustrator of worldwide counterculture icon, Emily the Strange, to create a book titled The Scribbles and Scrapes of Amy Anyone: (A Multiple Personality Autobiography). Christmas wrote the story and is working on music for the release of an accompanying CD, which features a tone signaling the reader to turn the page.

In addition, the singer recently worked on the soundtrack for a French indie film Le Debut, in which a young couple resorts to infanticide when faced with the challenges of poverty, depression and parenthood. Christmas's band, Made Out of Babies, is currently writing their fourth full-length album, scheduled to be released in the Spring of 2011. Live shows and exhibitions with visual artists are being arranged.

For more information visit MySpace.

Source: fresnomediausa.com
Band profile: Battle Of Mice
Posted: 07.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 49 users
07.07.2010 - 20:52
Symmachus

I've recently discovered the talents of Julie Christmas via her music, and this is great news! YES! I want to hear this freaking solo album of hers. She's very talented and respectable.

PS: I'm currently listening to "Silverback" by Made Out of Babies. It's insane so far.
07.07.2010 - 23:40
Thryce
Retired Staff
She's indeed quite the insane character. A new Made Out Of Babies album is always interesting news. Though I'm curious to see what that solo effort will look like.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.07.2010 - 15:34
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Irritable Ted on 14.07.2010 at 22:11

So Father Christmas is not the only famous member of the family then.

Ba dum tssshh.
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 2829 | This month: 7