Metal Storm logo
Heaven And Hell - Tony Iommi Talks About The Future

Tony Iommi has talked to Sunday Mercury, a Birmingham newspaper about what the future might hold.

He confirms that the tribute show at the High Voltage festival in London will be "the very last gig we play as Heaven And Hell", as they "chose the name because the band comprised the Black Sabbath line-up that made the Heaven And Hell album." And that they will no longer carry on as Heaven And Hell, as they "couldn't carry on under that name without Ronnie".

Regarding a reunion with Ozzy; he stated "I spoke to Ozzy while I was in Los Angeles after Ronnie's funeral, and he said he'd give me a call when he got to England on his own tour". But that "I've not had that telephone call yet".

About the future, Iommi says they would "like to do something, and carry on playing", but "in what form, and with what singer, I don't know".

Read the full interview at this location.

Source: sundaymercury.net
Band profile: Heaven And Hell
Posted: 12.07.2010 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 262 users
12.07.2010 - 01:18
Parazyd
Oh well. I would really like for Ozzy to come back to Black Sabbath. I'm happy that Iommi wants to play on more... Could that be...?
----
Don't worry Cartman. There are no stupid answers, just stupid people.
12.07.2010 - 02:02
Got Mayhem?
I wouldn't exactly count on Ozzy for stuff like, you know...remembering.
----
12.07.2010 - 02:09
Idioglossia
I honestly believe we'll see the original Sabbath lineup tour once again...
12.07.2010 - 04:29
whitepawel
I think they should stop asking Ozzy about his return and finally close the Black Sabbath chapter. Once and for all...
12.07.2010 - 04:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Black Sabbath has been done for so long...talks about reunion should really be fruitless by now..they had their time in the son...you hear that Rolling Stones?
12.07.2010 - 11:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Well, I'm glad they understand what an important piece Ronnie was to that band, and they're not trying to resurrect it with important pieces missing *cough cough* Led Zeppelin.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.07.2010 - 11:44
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Doc G. on 12.07.2010 at 11:15

Well, I'm glad they understand what an important piece Ronnie was to that band, and they're not trying to resurrect it with important pieces missing *cough cough* Led Zeppelin.

Led Zep are alright in what they do. If ronnie had a son ready to jump in for him, I don't think anyone would object.
----
12.07.2010 - 11:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by corrupt on 12.07.2010 at 11:44

Written by Doc G. on 12.07.2010 at 11:15

Led Zep are alright in what they do. If ronnie had a son ready to jump in for him, I don't think anyone would object.

John Bonham was one of the most original drummers of all time. Just because the replacement came from his sperm doesn't make it the same. Let alone justify charging the ticket prices they did.

Also, this.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.07.2010 - 04:47
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well this is quite understandable, they reunited as the reincarnation of the Dio's Black Sabbath era, now that he is gone, there is no way the band will keep on playing with the same name but with another vocalist.

Well, lets see if we will have a Black Sabbath reunion tour with Ozzy on the road...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
13.07.2010 - 07:23
sbgmetal
I just hope will hear iommi's heavy riffs and geezer's wall of sound once more...
13.07.2010 - 11:35
Hār Wulfric
I could care less if Sabbath tour with Ozzy again, I want more albums with tony guitars, you could put any singer in and get a good album.
I say hire someone like Graham Bonnet or bring back Tony martin.
16.07.2010 - 10:42
Akirasolo
Tony Martin era again is what i want to hear...
16.07.2010 - 22:48
vezzy
Stallmanite
I wouldn't even hope for a Black Sabbath reunion, because it's not going to happen...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.

Hits total: 4847 | This month: 9