Metal Storm logo
Egyptian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Zombie, 12.07.2010 - 23:55
So, the thread that would probably be buried at the bottom of the forum considering the sheer amount of Egyptian Metalstormers
what's next? Antarctic Metalstormers thread ?
there goes nothing...
17.02.2011 - 21:59
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Ernis on 17.02.2011 at 21:46

French Revolution: What was? Rich people who lived a happy life and majority of poor people were treated like garbage. What they wanted? Human rights and equality for everyone. What they got? Bunch of terrorists seized the power and created a bloody regime which left the country in ruins, Europe in wars and lots of innocent people brutally killed. Was this what the PEOPLE wanted? No...
In the end came Napoleon and restored monarchy and the situation was as it was before when it all started... until the next war...

I must disagree about almost everything - apart of most of the morale of the story.
To keep it short: French revolution (1789) began with people starving. So yes, the revolution started with the everyday people of the streets. Then the bourgeoisie slowly took the revolution over, playing political games and in the end creating a short lived dictatorship in the name of 'good' ideals. That's for the 'France in Ruins' part.
The wars with Europe started then, but most of those were fought under Napoleon - your good old dictator general. It was he who brought fire and blood to Europe. And he certainly did not bring the marchy back, that's when he was deposed.
Morality of this story: nobility was replaced by bourgeoisie, which wasn't a huge change for the average poor person, but something really important nonetheless, as the whole order isn't really the same. And this revolution did bring democracy to France... But it really took place in 1871. Better late than never, I guess. Also, French people back then got a liking for revolutions and revolts, but us, their descendants, are really tame for sure.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.02.2011 - 22:20
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Darkside Momo on 17.02.2011 at 21:59

And this revolution did bring democracy to France... But it really took place in 1871. Better late than never, I guess. Also, French people back then got a liking for revolutions and revolts, but us, their descendants, are really tame for sure.

I know, I admit being too lazy to elaborate before. I put it all under one paragraph to sum it up. This is correct that most wars were later fought by Napoleon.

But one cannot forget the terror that was before Napoleon which almost destroyed Christianity in France, involved some perverse cults and caused lots of people to lose their lives which was definitely far from "fraternity, equality and freedom"...
Were the innocent nuns who walked to the guillotine like meat through the grinder evil? Among others...
As one lady said before the axe fell on her "Freedom... what crimes they commit in your name..."
17.02.2011 - 23:52
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Ernis on 17.02.2011 at 22:20

Written by Darkside Momo on 17.02.2011 at 21:59

And this revolution did bring democracy to France... But it really took place in 1871. Better late than never, I guess. Also, French people back then got a liking for revolutions and revolts, but us, their descendants, are really tame for sure.

I know, I admit being too lazy to elaborate before. I put it all under one paragraph to sum it up. This is correct that most wars were later fought by Napoleon.

But one cannot forget the terror that was before Napoleon which almost destroyed Christianity in France, involved some perverse cults and caused lots of people to lose their lives which was definitely far from "fraternity, equality and freedom"...
Were the innocent nuns who walked to the guillotine like meat through the grinder evil? Among others...
As one lady said before the axe fell on her "Freedom... what crimes they commit in your name..."

Apart of the bolded part, all you said is true... Not to say that it wasn't their goal (destroy Christianity) but they sure didn't succeed. History wise, the biggest blow dealt to Christianity in France was in 1905, when Church and State were definitely separated. That said, I guess the Revolution did lay the groundwork for that
Oh, and about 'perverse cult', there only was one: the 'cult of Reason', which wasn't really a religion, nor perverse. More one of the excuses and stupid diktats the Terror guys wanted to force on people (but it never took off)
----

I am awake"
18.02.2011 - 01:42
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I believe in what Viggo said, and we share the same pessimism in our view of the world, coz sadly, it is the realistic view ..and the truth.

However, i'm not going to guarantee that the case of the Egyptian revolution would be drasticly different, as a utopian state is only to be found in one's dreams or in the afterlife , but i'm pretty optimistic about the reforms and the civil liberties that the Egyptian people would gain, and that the next leaders now know the power of the people and would not want to meet the same fate of Mubarak, so i'm almost positive that the revolution is a success in one way or the other, and if we are ever like France or the UK or Netherlands (for example) i'd be happy .. surely all those governments are corrupt (or have some corrupt figures within them) but its still better than the shit we used to live in, ANYTHING is better than the shit we used to live in lol

so, we're not going to keep our expectations low, we're aiming for a 'flawless democracy', but if that doesn't happen, then a 'flawed democracy' is surely better than an absolute dictatorship
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.02.2011 - 02:10
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Zombie on 18.02.2011 at 01:42

I believe in what Viggo said, and we share the same pessimism in our view of the world, coz sadly, it is the realistic view ..and the truth.

so, we're not going to keep our expectations low, we're aiming for a 'flawless democracy', but if that doesn't happen, then a 'flawed democracy' is surely better than an absolute dictatorship

Somehow I'm as cynical as you all, but if there's no hope at all, why fight, then?
And that question you answered, and that's my answer too. So maybe you're not as much a pessimist as you might think you are?
----

I am awake"
18.02.2011 - 03:22
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Lol, trust me i'm usually alot more pessimistic than that but its just that for the first time in my life i do something of value that the whole world is talking about, so maybe that is what's giving he a hint of optimism right now lol

so, yeah i guess i'm a bit 'healed'
----

18.02.2011 - 08:27
Gurth Bennas
I'm still wondering, why people of Bahrain protested? almost everyone there is as rich as bill gates!! they're in welfare unlike most people of Egypt or Yemen who protested!
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
18.02.2011 - 12:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Written by Gurth Bennas on 18.02.2011 at 08:27

I'm still wondering, why people of Bahrain protested? almost everyone there is as rich as bill gates!! they're in welfare unlike most people of Egypt or Yemen who protested!

Far from it!
As always it's only a minority who's rich (unless you consider 'countries' such as Monaco).
For all I know, problems are the following:
- high unemployment rate
- 2 pacific protesters were killed on the 14th of February
- while it's one of the most democartic countries in this area, protesters want the 1973 constution back, which gave more power to the parliament
- most of the population is shi'ite, while the reigning dynasty is sunni. They are accused to favor sunni people over shi'ite ones
- the army is full of sunni mercenaries from Syria, Jordan, Sudan...
That's what I found!
----

I am awake"
18.02.2011 - 17:59
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
In addition to that, i heard that they give nationality to sunni people to increase the sunni popultion so that they would be more than the shia majority.
That's literally fucked up xD lol If muslims are divided among eachother, how the hell can they expect arab countries with a large christian population to be stable, no wonder sudan broke into two, and if this 'democracy' thing in egypt fails then its probably going to be split into two as we have lots of christians here.
I try my best not to be a conspiracist but its a classic case of "divide n conquer" again.
----

14.04.2011 - 16:17
0rpheus
Archaeologist blow the trumpet of war of Tutankhamun one week before the revolution
I want some of what Dr. Zahi Hawass has been sniffing
----
I would prefer not to.
28.04.2011 - 21:39
DaReDeViL
I'm late to the party I guess ... anyway I started listening to metal 4 yrs ago when I was 13 thanks to a youtube video (lol) the song was WT - Our Soulemn Hour & thanks to google I kept digging into metal ... my fav. genres are Death Metal, Melodeath & Thrash Metal

currently my favourite bands are Opeth, Dark Tranquilliy, Myriads, Katatonia & Acrassicauda
24.08.2011 - 19:30
Fredd
Account deleted
Hell-fucking-o
30.08.2011 - 17:29
Metal_4Ever
Is there a thread for Lybian Metalstormers?
23.12.2011 - 19:30
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Hey guys, everyone okay and alive over here ?
----

27.12.2011 - 02:06
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.08.2011 at 19:30

Hello-fucking

Fix'd.