04. At The End Of The Day
05. Family Business
06. Just A Little Appetizer
07. Something's Gotta Give
08. Groundhog Day
09. Sniper
10. Oh Maddy
11. Brother Sun And Sister Moon

If you like Deicide, Dark Funeral and such others brutal bands, go away right now haha! No well more seriously maybe that some of you already know it but Street Talk is a pure band of AOR rock (or melodic Hard FM) and well this album "V" will be a nice buy if you like such music. This is maybe not extremely innovative or even popular today in 2006 but "V" is a cool album of peaceful music.

Street Talk plays a pure old school Hard Rock. Well here, don't expect Glam or Hair Metal, at the opposite we're more into Hard FM, which means, ballads and catchy "lovely" (and no so complex) songs. It's always the same recipe with this kind of bands and their compositions. Take some soft guitars riffs with some great guitars soli, a good catchy rhythm, and finally add a good singer, who will talk about love and such similar things. Maybe that it sounds a bit "old" for you (it's probably not really fresh yes) but for someone who is born before the 90's it's always nice to listen to this kind of music, especially if you're a bit nostalgic. But well Street Talk is a good band with some talented musicians, and even if their new album is not really spectacular, at least their music works.

Actually the only problem of this album is that (for me at least) only the first half (before "Something's Gotta Give") of the release is really attractive. The second part is a lot more into "mellow" music and not so catchy for me. But evidently if you like ballad and "love" songs maybe that you'll find something for you in this part of the CD.

"V" is not a revolution, and I will never say that this album is a masterpiece but it's a cool album of AOR music and some songs like "Don't Believe" or "Responsible" are real hits. So if you're still a fan of 80/90 Hard Rock please have a look on this release, I'm sure that you'll enjoy a lot this album.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 18.08.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
19.08.2006 - 00:50
Walter Iego
Author
Since I designed the cover to this album, maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but I really like the first 5 songs, and the last. Göran Edman has always had a great voice, and he sure does fit the AOR style perfectly. If you like the previous Street Talk albums, this one should go in your collection, just don't expect any new ideas though, this is old-school AOR...

Hits total: 3971 | This month: 5