Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - New Video Online

Iron Maiden have premiered their new video for the opening track of the upcoming album The Final Frontier, to be released next month. The clip for "Satellite 15... The Final Frontier" is actually pretty cool, so check it at this location.

The video was produced by award-winning production company Darkside Animation Films. Darkside's creative team includes animators who've created effects for feature films including "Lost in Space", "Gladiator" and "Black Hawk Down". The script was written by the director of BBC Radio's "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", and the live action was co-ordinated and directed by Nick Scott Studios.

As well as working round the clock to turn out over three months of animation in eight weeks flat, the Darkside team developed entirely new technology to bring to life as never before Iron Maiden's mascot, Eddie, in his new alien incarnation. A total of 141 shots combined live action with integrated CGI as well as full 3D animation, resulting in a complete running time of five minutes - that's over seven thousand frames, taking up to half an hour to render each frame!

Intriguingly, some of the integral footage was shot at Rendlesham Forest in Southern England, which is associated with The Rendlesham Forest Incident due to a series of reported sightings of unexplained lights and alleged landing of a craft of unknown origin.

More news about the new album here.

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 13.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 322 users
15.07.2010 - 15:33
everonn
I get mad when i see people judging iron maiden or the caveman for what they do.
complaints like : Kevin doesn't know how to compress the drums, new song is boring, they should go back to their old sound, Steve should stop doing smth etc. Bruce should do this, Adrian should do that.
I wonder what these people accomplished themselves in their lives...why no respect ?...
sad...anyway i am outta here
15.07.2010 - 15:41
Panterica
Cool video, quite predictable plot but who cares. The song didn't stand out, it sounds like a filler but an enjoyable one. I'm not a big fan of Maiden but it seems OK, in my opinion.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
15.07.2010 - 22:11
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Yeah... the song is pretty lackluster. I do suppose fans of their last album will dig it though.
16.07.2010 - 17:19
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Written by Got Mayhem? on 14.07.2010 at 04:00

Written by Dark Cornatus on 14.07.2010 at 02:32

Eddie barely even resembles a mummy now. I have never associated Eddie as being just a skeleton.

When was Eddie a mummy other than the Powerslave days?

A zombie then? I just call him a mummy because he kind of looks like skin on bones, which is what mummy's are usually like. You know what i mean though. In this clip he looks nothing like the undead.

Hits total: 5711 | This month: 7