Metal Storm logo
Ayreon

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 18:39
The huge famous project of Arjan Lucassen.

Also the mastermind of Stream Of Passion and Star One and Ambeon and a lot other bands.
But IMO his best thing he does it Ayreon.

I guess it doesn't need more introduction.

Personally his best albums are: The Human Equation and Into The Electric Castle because they're both very well balanced.

Go on please...
27.11.2007 - 22:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A video teaser for the forthcoming Ayreon album, entitled "01011001", can be viewed at this location. Enjoy .
01.12.2007 - 17:31
GT
Coffee!!
Just watched the trailer today and it was my first experience with this band and I must say I really enjoyed it even though it was short...think I'll have to get the album when it's released
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.12.2007 - 05:56
Oracle
Orcinus
The New album sounds like its gonna be awesome. cant wait til it comes out
02.12.2007 - 17:07
baldur

01011001 leaked...sounds great...ahh and hansis voice is beautiful like always
03.12.2007 - 08:12
TTF

I've only heard the first half so far, but it sounds fantastic. Arjen has yet to let me down.
03.12.2007 - 09:58
ChasingEuphoria
Account deleted
huma equation is a masterpiece
03.12.2007 - 22:56
duyhung
Account deleted
Jonas Renske did such a great job on new Ayreon album
06.12.2007 - 06:36
Solid Stone
Account deleted
Hey guys!! I've been recently re-intruduced to the magnificent music of Ayreon, and I think they're very cool!!, but I still wonder when will I ever listen again one masterpiece IMO I mean The Flight of the Migrator, as far as I can remember that album included a song called To the Solar System, and that song made me fall in love with Ayreon...

Solid Thoughts of Stone
07.12.2007 - 13:32
Philaenas
Account deleted
What made me fall in love with Ayreon are two songs. One from THE, named "Voices" and one from Universal Flight of the Migrator II, called "To the Quasar". Really cool songs! I hope the new album will be as nice!
24.12.2007 - 17:09
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Taken from a recent update on Ayreon's website:
"Each day until January 1, 2008 we'll be unveiling selected album artwork from 01011001. The first previews, created by Simon van Vegten of DPI, are already up and available here."

Also, it was indicated:
"New Year's Eve film premiere of "Beneath The Waves"! On January 1st, 2008 at 00:01 a.m, Ayreon.com will be premiering "Beneath The Waves", a stunning CGI film produced by Simon van Vegten. The film was made to accompany the song of the same name from the upcoming Ayreon 2-CD album "01011001", available January 28, 2008. The "Beneath The Waves" movie with 5.1 mix will be included as one of many bonus DVD features on "01011001". Join us in ringing in the New Year by checking out www.ayreon.com/premiere.htm to view this amazing piece of 3D artwork! Merry Christmas from Insidout and all the best for 2008."

EDIT: MetalSymphony.com has posted a new audio interview with Arjen Lucassen and you can check it at this location.
26.12.2007 - 03:23
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
The new album leaked on the net, so I got it, and it's just fantastic. For me, best Ayreon album so far. Hansi, Englund, Renske and Lande are highlights of the album, but generally everyone did a fantastic job. Just pure perfection. I cant wait till this album comes to our stores, Im so gonna buy it right away.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
26.12.2007 - 12:21
ylside

Yes, already leaked on the net for a while now, a good album, I didn't read the lyrics yet, but surely will do it next time while listening.
26.12.2007 - 13:34
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 26.12.2007 at 03:23

Hansi, Englund, Renske and Lande are highlights of the album, but generally everyone did a fantastic job.

i agree, especially Renske, i was surprised with his using the grunts again
26.12.2007 - 19:05
Lupas
Maximus
Written by RhaegarTargaryen on 26.12.2007 at 03:23

The new album leaked on the net, so I got it, and it's just fantastic. For me, best Ayreon album so far. Hansi, Englund, Renske and Lande are highlights of the album, but generally everyone did a fantastic job. Just pure perfection. I cant wait till this album comes to our stores, Im so gonna buy it right away.

Yeah. One of the best album
I surely go out to buy it . This is the album of the forthcoming year
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
28.12.2007 - 14:30
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
France's Radio Metal conducted an interview with Arjen Lucassen on November 30, 2007 in Paris. You can watch the chat in four parts below:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
30.12.2007 - 21:30
Knight Templar

I just got The Human Equation and The Universal Migrator for Christmas and am loving them! Can't wait for the new one.
03.01.2008 - 18:40
Hellsing

The human Equation is the best Album for me... I heard the Last Album already (01011001) and honestly I was expecting more considering that 3 of my fav singers were part of this, Jorn Lande, Daniel Gildenlow and Tom S. Englund, anyways it's cool, but Human Equation was more elaborated than this so I like it best.
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
03.01.2008 - 18:41
Hellsing

I have the last album already by the way 01011001
----
±M@u®î©îر
www.myspace.com/voidcr
www.myspace.com/strato_mauricio
04.01.2008 - 14:22
GT
Coffee!!
Listened to the leaked 01011001 a couple of days ago and really liked it so I decided to pre-order it...now I just have to wait for it to arrive
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.01.2008 - 00:02
IronAngel

I loved some parts of the new album. (Oh dear, I got it beforehand, bad me) It was a bit boring overall, but there were some pearls in there. I especially loved the songs where Anneke van Giersbergen and Jonas Renkse sang together, namely The Age of Shadows and Waking Dreams. They're pretty much my favorite male and female melodic metal vocalists, so this was a dream come true for me. Their smooth voices play well together.

So yes, good stuff, but I don't think it's as special as some people seem to claim.
05.01.2008 - 13:00
marco

it's not really all about the music, the story is why I personally love Ayreon and 01.. really completes the story of all albums from The Final Experiment to The Human Equation. This makes 01 really a masterpiece
Hell.. even "motion personified alpha" sounds logical now...
----
the proggy bubblefucker
15.01.2008 - 16:27
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
In-Store Appearances

Arjen Lucassen will make at least two in-store appearances this month:
-January 25 - 17:00 - Velvet Music in Breda, Netherlands
-January 26 - 17:00 - Velvet Music in Delft, Netherlands

Joining him for a short acoustic set will be female singer Marjan Welman, whose powerful vocals are featured on the song "E=mc2" on the new Ayreon album, "01011001".

Source: here.
24.01.2008 - 20:24
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
More info about the new album (with samples, interview, and many more) is available on an EPK at this location. Enjoy.
25.01.2008 - 01:58
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by marco on 05.01.2008 at 13:00

Hell.. even "motion personified alpha" sounds logical now...

I have been thinking about using that line on my Human Equation tattoo.
----
(space for rent)
25.01.2008 - 03:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Does anyone have the new album? Does anyone want to give a brief overview of it on this thread?
28.01.2008 - 18:58
Bluuaargh
Account deleted
i agree, the human equation is a really good album. i have listened to the new album, and its freaking great!:bow: Ayreon is great!
28.01.2008 - 19:49
Baz Anderson

here is a brief overview of the story of the new album:

"Through technological advancement, 'Forever', a race of aquatic beings living on Planet Y, has found the secret of longevity. They have advanced to the point that they have become completely dependent on machines and are losing their emotions. A passing comet on a collision course with Planet Earth provides the opportunity to revitalize their race; 'Forever' harness the comet to carry their DNA to a new home on Earth. When the comet and Earth collide, the cataclysmic impact exterminates the dinosaurs (the Fifth Extinction), but from the ashes of destruction, humans arise. At first, the experiment with seeded DNA seems successful: through the humans 'Forever' vicariously relive the emotions they experienced before the age of machines. In order to help mankind overcome their physical ailments and mental limitations, 'Forever' speeds up human evolution. But the result is tragic: people develop a similar technological dependency with their emotions waning just like 'Forever' and moral development not keeping pace with their capacity to invent. 'Forever' must find a way to save mankind from its imminent self-destruction... or should they?"

I must say it is probably my favourite album along side "Into The Electric Castle"
truly an amazing album - and will no doubt be in the top end of my albums of the year
28.01.2008 - 20:48
Bas
Retired Staff
i pre-red it at the beginning of this month and today was the release date, so it'll only be a matter of days now... can't wait! i really love the human equation, it's my alltime favourite album, and now 01011001 is getting such awesome reactions from everyone... can't wait!
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.01.2008 - 21:12
Baz Anderson

Written by Bas on 28.01.2008 at 20:48

i pre-red it at the beginning of this month and today was the release date, so it'll only be a matter of days now... can't wait! i really love the human equation, it's my alltime favourite album, and now 01011001 is getting such awesome reactions from everyone... can't wait!

don't expect another "Human Equation" though.. they are different albums - this one has the spacey sounds back.. it is more like "Into The Electric Castle" or a more atmospheric "Universal Migrator Part II" than "The Human Equation"
29.01.2008 - 01:07
RockeRoy

Just finished listen to The Human Equation, and i think it is realy cool, but i have a feeling that it is not an album i would listen to that much in the future
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell