Metal Storm logo
Volbeat - Napalm Death, Kreator Members To Guest On New Album

Napalm Death singer Mark "Barney" Greenway and Kreator's Mille Petrozza have reportedly recorded guest appearances on Beyond Hell/Above Heaven, the fourth studio album of Volbeat.

Volbeat vocalist/guitarist Michael Poulsen told Revolver magazine the following: "We were listening to those guys when we were 14, 15 years old, and we have definitely not forgotten them for inspiring us. They know Volbeat ? they like our records. We had the opportunity to talk to those guys during the last three years touring around Europe. And to actually have them on the record is really a great compliment. What they did in the studio to the Volbeat sound is amazing."

Recorded at Hansen Studios in Ribe, Denmark with producer Jacob Hansen, Beyond Hell/Above Heaven will be released in Germany on September 10th and in most parts of Europe and UK on September 13th by Vertigo/Universal.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Volbeat
Posted: 14.07.2010 by Black No.1

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 48 users
14.07.2010 - 11:30
GT
Coffee!!
That sounds interesting
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.07.2010 - 12:15
vezzy
Stallmanite
Sounds worth picking up.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
14.07.2010 - 18:58
Krzakmester

This sounds so... strange and random. How can Barney from Napalm Death compliment anything Volbeat does? Not that Barney is horrible in any way, shape or form but with Volbeat's style I just can't see how this makes any sense.
14.07.2010 - 22:53
Kwis

Very strange... Not a combination I would have dreamt up. Love Volbeat though, so lets see what happens.
15.07.2010 - 07:47
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Let's hear it!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2838 | This month: 3