Metal Storm logo
How Many Musicians Have You Ever Met?

Original post

Posted by Raiden, 19.08.2006 - 03:49
What musicians have you met? I've only ever met a couple of musicians from Australian bands. I think meeting the guitarist from Gospel Of The Horns was the best. Share your band member meetings with us!
01.03.2008 - 07:27
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
all the guys from Unearth ..they are very nice
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.03.2008 - 21:32
SteTech

Depends how you classify "met." If you mean "had my photo taken with at the merch/signing stall," in my case that would be Floor Jansen from After Forever, Jari Mäenpää from Wintersun, Blaze Bayley, and John K. from Biomechanical. On the other hand, if you mean actually spoken to and/or personally know,, that would be Matt and Ol Drake from Evile, and also a couple of members of Pitiful Reign, who are quite popular in the UK Thrash underground (the frontman goes to the same university as me).

I hate the idea of meeting musicians of bands I like, as I never know how to make conversation with them, as whatever I may say to them they probably will have heard many times before
08.03.2008 - 01:36
Evil Chip

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 16.10.2007 at 02:26

John Myung i have his autopgraph yeahhh he is such a nice dude

John Myung doens't seems to be a very talkative guy.
08.03.2008 - 02:36
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Dark Cornatus on 14.07.2007 at 04:32

Tuomas Holopainen (Angra concert, the day after Nightwish performed, he was in the crowd)
Lord Tim (Dungeon gig in Sydney)

I heard from people that went to Angra the night after Nightwish that they were in the crowd. I was so disappointed as I was nearly going to go to that gig. I so wished I did.

Haha, speaking of LORD/Dungeon. At the last Metal For The Brain we stayed in the Carotel in Canberra which is where most of the bands that were playing stayed. We had a 10 person room as it was Antonamasia + girlfriends and another of my friends, so we had a pretty full room. Anyway on the Friday night everyone was just running in and out of everyone's rooms. We bought pizzas and the LORD boys found our room and numerous other people for that matter. Justin and Chris (from Antonamasia) also found Vanishing Point's room in their drunken states and were convinced that they weren't actually VP. So after LORD trashing our room and getting a giant beach ball that everyone they saw that night had to sign, the day of MFTB was very interesting. The LORD boys were quite hungover but played a good set, and Antonamasia played to a full bar stage downstairs.

Too bad they canned MFTB.
08.03.2008 - 08:30
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Evican on 08.03.2008 at 02:36

Written by Dark Cornatus on 14.07.2007 at 04:32

Tuomas Holopainen (Angra concert, the day after Nightwish performed, he was in the crowd)
Lord Tim (Dungeon gig in Sydney)

I heard from people that went to Angra the night after Nightwish that they were in the crowd. I was so disappointed as I was nearly going to go to that gig. I so wished I did.

Haha, speaking of LORD/Dungeon. At the last Metal For The Brain we stayed in the Carotel in Canberra which is where most of the bands that were playing stayed. We had a 10 person room as it was Antonamasia + girlfriends and another of my friends, so we had a pretty full room. Anyway on the Friday night everyone was just running in and out of everyone's rooms. We bought pizzas and the LORD boys found our room and numerous other people for that matter. Justin and Chris (from Antonamasia) also found Vanishing Point's room in their drunken states and were convinced that they weren't actually VP. So after LORD trashing our room and getting a giant beach ball that everyone they saw that night had to sign, the day of MFTB was very interesting. The LORD boys were quite hungover but played a good set, and Antonamasia played to a full bar stage downstairs.

Too bad they canned MFTB.

Sounded like an interesting night haha.
I was going to go to a MFTB once, but the Australian talent didnt really reel me in, and ive seen the big names enough. Besides, after going to Wacken, it makes it seem small. Who are Antonamasia? Sound interesting, i havent heard of them, then again though, im not as in tune to the Aussie metal scene as i was two years ago.
09.03.2008 - 02:56
Evican
Ann O'War
Oh it was. There were apples flying around the room, air conditioners getting punched in, bin put in front of people's front doors and people getting kicked out of their rooms. Haha.
Yeah, I can imagine that MFTB would be nothing compared to Wacken. I want to go one year, hopefully soon.
They are a female fronted metal band from Sydney. They have an artist page on here, if you ever want to check them out.
11.03.2008 - 18:01
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Back in 2006 I chilled with Dragonforce in Denver, and an unknown band at the time called Protest The Hero. At least unknown to me. Protest sucked but they were cool people. The only reason Dragonforce was hanging out with us is because Sam wanted to fuck my friend. We Pizza out of it though. I think they still talk whatever. I know I met other people but I cant remember right now. I live in LA Musicians are always around.
18.03.2008 - 08:26
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i "met" the guys from immortal at one of their signing sessions here in australia...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.03.2008 - 00:53
owl

I met Cradle of Filth once after a show - all a bunch of very nice guys and girls, except for Dani, I must say; also met Moonspell - about a dozen or so times, by now. Very nice and talkative chaps.
----
31.03.2008 - 11:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 08.09.2006 at 03:06

I think it would be more interesting if more people would say how they met the person, what they did with them, what their personality was like, etc.

Maybe its just hard because your expecting them to say something really awesome and life changing, but then they turn out to be human and its really underwhelming.

When I met Rex Brown I didn't recognize him, he looked like an old hippie. He came out I tossed him my denim vest to sign and he slipped in the snow and dropped all his shit. After swearing and brushing himself off he came over and pretty much just said "You should check out Black Sabbath tonight, there really good". No shit, Rex.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.04.2008 - 11:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Just got back from Dimmu Borgir. Met a few guys from Keep Of Kalessin, they were both drunk but still had a good conversation with Thebon, its cool meeting one of your favorite bands frontman.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.06.2008 - 16:26
TheBigRossowski

All the fellows from Secrets of the Moon (including Daevas when he was in)
All of Opeth except for Mendez, he already left the band and I haven't seen them with Akesson yet.
Lord Worm of Cryptopsy
The singer of Naglfar and that's about it!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.06.2008 - 18:17
Dagorwen

Hey! how do you do that? are you doing some interviews for metal magazines or anything like that? did you get backstage passes?
04.06.2008 - 19:20
owl

Written by Dagorwen on 04.06.2008 at 18:17

Hey! how do you do that? are you doing some interviews for metal magazines or anything like that? did you get backstage passes?
Some bands come out, after taking their post-concert showers, and hang with the public for a while. This may happen more easily if the concert takes place in smaller venues, from what I've seen so far.
Then there are the autograph sessions, too.
----
04.06.2008 - 21:57
Dagorwen

Written by owl on 04.06.2008 at 19:20

This may happen more easily if the concert takes place in smaller venues

so, living in Paris, there is no such thing to hope...
05.06.2008 - 00:52
owl

I'm sure you have small clubs there...
Of course, then there's another issue: the bands you might like to see may not play in places that small...

But hey, I see people from all sorts (and sizes) of cities saying they've met this or that artist after the show... So don't lose hope. Even if you have to wait for 2 hours outside de artists' entrance.
----
21.08.2008 - 23:55
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
lamb of god
killswitch engage
27.08.2008 - 16:46
Janne
Hugin
I havem't met but I touched Jonne Järvela! is it counts?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.08.2008 - 01:10
evilleechevil
Account deleted
I met deicide. I also met death. Chuck shuldiner was cool.
19.10.2008 - 20:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I met Mille Petrozza from Kreator (and the other members of the band). He was so cool, anti-idol.. He was just GOD!!! I don't want to meet anyone else really..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.01.2009 - 18:44
kkktookmybaby

Havent really met any but my guitar teacher gets free tikkets to namm show he met maiden drummer and steve lukather hes gonna get me tikkets
11.01.2009 - 20:57
Kasper

I've met Tomas Lindberg, and Jonas Björler from At The Gates. Talked a bit with them at the merchandise stand, had a beer or two. Very interesting.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
11.01.2009 - 22:41
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Unfortenatly none;D
11.01.2009 - 23:14
tulkas
el parcero
In the past concert of dark tranquillity here in colombia, i stayed with some friends at the exit after the gig ended and we waited until they came out, so we met the whole band, took some pics with them and mikael signed my ticket
outside from metal, i met dj christian smith. a friend knew the organizers of that show so we picked him up at the hotel, went to dinner with him, and then to the show. really cool guy
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.01.2009 - 01:00
mankvill

I met and got my picture taken with Muhammed Suicmez of Necrophagist.

I've shaken a lot of hands, including Matt Pike (Sleep, High On Fire), Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse), all of Obituary (incl. Ralph Santola) and more.
12.01.2009 - 04:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I smoked a bowl with Yanic Bercier from Quo Vadis in 2005...
12.01.2009 - 04:36
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Guest on 12.01.2009 at 04:30

that's probablly as perosnal and close as it gets when meeting musicians
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.01.2009 - 05:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by tulkas on 12.01.2009 at 04:36

Written by Guest on 12.01.2009 at 04:30

that's probablly as perosnal and close as it gets when meeting musicians

Yeah the only reason I wound up smoking a bowl with him is because he came up to me in the lineup for the show and asked if I had any pot...like I looked like a pothead or a dealer or something but I did have weed on me...and we went into their bus and smoked a bowl lol...good times, good times...
22.01.2009 - 23:19
JAGEagent

Blaze Bayley
31.01.2009 - 21:36
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Greeting-wise:

Petri Lindroos, Christian Ranta from Norther (and their bassist guy)
Toni Kakko and Jani from Sonata Arctica
Olaf Morck and vocalist from Dragonland

Beer-drinking-wise:

Kai Hahto - Wintersun
Peter Tagtgren - Hypocrisy