Metal Storm logo
Dissection - Surviving Members Comment On Jon Nödtveidt's Death

As Blabbermouth.net exclusively reported earlier today, the surviving members of Dissection have now officially confirmed the death of the band's mainman, Jon Nödtveidt. The group's statement on the matter reads as follows:

"As rumours have started to spread we feel obliged to confirm Jon Nödtveidt's death.

Jon Nödtveidt was a man who lived his life according to his convictions and True Will. A couple of days ago he chose to end his life by his own hands. As a true Satanist he led his life in the way he wanted and ended it when he felt that he had fulfilled his self-created destiny. Not everyone will have understanding or acceptance for his personal path in this life and beyond, but all must respect his choice.

Those of us who have met him in his last days can assure that he was more focussed, happier and stronger than ever. It is our full conviction that he left this world of lies with a scornful laughter, knowing that he had fulfilled everything that he had set up for himself to accomplish. The empty space that he leaves behind will be filled with the dark essence that he manifested through his life and black-magical work. His legacy and Luciferian Fire will live on through those few who truly knew him and appreciated his work for what it really was and still is. As our brother's goal in life and death never was to 'Rest in Peace', we will instead wish him victories in all battles to come, until the Acosmic Destiny has been fulfilled.

For the glory of the Dark Gods and the Wrathful Chaos! 218"

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Dissection
Posted: 19.08.2006 by MadMelody

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 166 users
19.08.2006 - 03:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I was going to post this in the other Dissection news article.

At least we have a bit more of an insight into why he did it.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
19.08.2006 - 05:55
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
What a prideful manifesto
19.08.2006 - 06:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I being one to worship gods of light,
(And no, I'm not a christian, but that doesn't mean that my gods can't be positive)
I dissagree with the Idea of supporting negative entities and the works of dark magick, But I do understand the Idea of living life on your own terms and ending it on your own terms, and much like an old samarai that must retire, he commited what he saw as an honerable death, I can have a level of respect for this, but I think had we met our auras may have clashed.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.08.2006 - 07:19
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Bah, I already read this on their homepage.

Can anyone explain what the "218" means?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
19.08.2006 - 07:44
Lanfawn
Account deleted
I find it admirable, how he followed his own path to the very end. Many are too lost to be able to do something like that. Respect!
19.08.2006 - 08:01
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
If they are not murdered then they kill themselves. We are losing a lot of great musicians lately. This is sad. I hope someone got the chance of taking pictures of him for the front cover of an EP or something.
----
Christless
19.08.2006 - 09:22
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Finally, a bit more of an insight as what why he chose to do this...
19.08.2006 - 09:47
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 19.08.2006 at 07:44

I find it admirable, how he followed his own path to the very end. Many are too lost to be able to do something like that. Respect!

Respect for suicides is something of an oxymoron. Suicide is an act of cowardice, nothing more. A premanent solution to a temporary problem. All that bullshit pseudo mystic ideology that is attached to Jon's stupid act is cheesy and plain ridiculous.

R.I.P. though.
19.08.2006 - 13:10
Maim

well I really doubt we'll ever know the real reason behind why he did it. It's the same way with most other suicides...

R.I.P. Jon
----
Friends will help you move... REAL friends will help you move bodies...
19.08.2006 - 14:14
matos

They way i see suicides can be explained by In flames song called "only for the weak". and like daniell said: R.I.P. though :/

Oh, just a question: how did he do it ?
----
19.08.2006 - 15:16
lordz
IzZo
Written by Syk on 19.08.2006 at 07:19

Does any one know what the fuck 218 means
19.08.2006 - 15:29
Lanfawn
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 19.08.2006 at 09:47

Respect for suicides is something of an oxymoron. Suicide is an act of cowardice, nothing more. A premanent solution to a temporary problem. All that bullshit pseudo mystic ideology that is attached to Jon's stupid act is cheesy and plain ridiculous.

R.I.P. though.

Well that can be discussed... I don't think he "escaped" at all. Suicide can be so much more than just an escape from problems.
19.08.2006 - 16:56
lordz
IzZo
Written by matos on 19.08.2006 at 14:14

They way i see suicides can be explained by In flames song called "only for the weak". and like daniell said: R.I.P. though :/

Oh, just a question: how did he do it ?

He shot him self

check out the story
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=56732
19.08.2006 - 17:25
blk dude
Account deleted
serve him right after the last album =|
19.08.2006 - 22:28
Revenant
Account deleted
haha that's one of the funniest tihng's ive ehard this week
19.08.2006 - 22:31
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 19.08.2006 at 15:29

R.I.P. though.

Well that can be discussed... I don't think he "escaped" at all. Suicide can be so much more than just an escape from problems.

Could you expand a bit on that "more"?
19.08.2006 - 22:34
Lanfawn
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 19.08.2006 at 22:31

Written by Guest on 19.08.2006 at 15:29

R.I.P. though.

Could you expand a bit on that "more"?

Hm, I'd like to, but it would turn into a long discussion which in the end would simply boil down to individual opinion, I believe...
20.08.2006 - 13:29
matos

Written by lordz on 19.08.2006 at 15:16

Written by Syk on 19.08.2006 at 07:19

Does any one know what the fuck 218 means

yeah, i wonder that too, but i bet it's something about the anticosmic, chaos stuff (more of that can be found on band's homepage)... and it also used in a sontitle for the latest album - Nexion 218
----
01.11.2006 - 07:46
Stuart39
Account deleted
218 = August 6th.

Its the 218th day of the year, apparantly its evil.
21.12.2006 - 05:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Ah I see, the day of Hiroshima. My grandmother's birthday too, hehe.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
17.04.2012 - 18:54
AndreeaCrea

Number 218 is a blend of the energies and influences of the numbers 2, 1 and 8. Number 2 brings service to others, balance, faith and trust, harmony and love. Number 1 resonates with intuition and insights, positivity, motivation and inspiration. Number 8 carries the vibrations of wisdom, manifesting wealth and abundance, giving and receiving and Karma - the Spiritual Law of Cause and Effect.

Angel Number 218 is a message from your angels to have faith and trust in your intuition and inner-knowing, and believe that the angels and the Universe are ensuring that your monetary and financial needs will be met. Give any money worries and/or fears to your angels for healing and transmutation, and know that all will be taken care of.

The repeating Angel Number 218 is a message to expect an influx of funds, a win, a promotion or pay rise. Use the extra money wisely.

Angel Number 218 is a message to be open to the flow of giving and receiving and be grateful for the gifts and blessings of the Universe.

Hits total: 19563 | This month: 29