Metal Storm logo
Alcest - Working On New Album, Recruit New Live Bassist

Alcest's be all and end all, Neige, has posted the following statement on the band's MySpace blog:

"After having crossed Europe and North America with Alcest, unfortunately, Fursy Teyssier ( Amesoeurs) will not be able to keep on playing bass live due to a lack of time. I guess we will play again togather when he will start making concerts with Les Discrets, I can't wait for that. A new bass player already joined us, Indria (from Lonesoul, Brutal Rebirth, ex-Peste Noire). He will be a part of the Alcest live line-up from the next shows we will do, in Finland.

Otherwise I am already working on the next album, which will be recorded in January-February 2011."

To finish in a musical way, here's a nice piano cover of "Sur L'Océan...".

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Alcest
Posted: 16.07.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 108 users
16.07.2010 - 15:33
MeloDeathViking

That's awefully quick to be writing a new album, the last one only literally just got released
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
16.07.2010 - 16:34
InnerSelf
proofread free
Well this is good news , I like when a band I already fell in love with releases a new album
I won't say I am woried about the quality since it is a bit too fast but then Negura Bunget released two albums this year and both are very good
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
16.07.2010 - 17:01
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Alcest's newest is absolutely killer material (and I still rank it in the top 5 of albums released this year). I expect the same level of quality from their third album release.
16.07.2010 - 17:04
Anttizhang

Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.07.2010 at 15:33

That's awefully quick to be writing a new album, the last one only literally just got released

Cause he is so talented...
----
MD,MS...why always M?
16.07.2010 - 17:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well Njiqahdda can do 3 albums pro month and it somehow works great
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.07.2010 - 17:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Neige is a beast, enough said.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.07.2010 - 17:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

He said recordings will begin January/February, meaning another 6 months from now. I think that's enough time for someone as prolific as Neige to conjure up some good ideas for a new release!

Also, that is a pretty talented 16-year-old Alcest fan.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.07.2010 - 17:48
MeloDeathViking

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.07.2010 at 17:26

He said recordings will begin January/February, meaning another 6 months from now. I think that's enough time for someone as prolific as Neige to conjure up some good ideas for a new release!

Also, that is a pretty talented 16-year-old Alcest fan.

I think people are taking my comment the wrong way, I'm sure the material will be great, he's just to talented of a musician/songwriter for it not to be. I was just shocked at the speed of which the material has developed, since if he's already announcing a recording time frame, then he already has a good chunk of material written is my guess. Like I said, definitely nothing negative meant, just surpised. I am definitely looking forward to new material, as I was just turned on to Alcest with this last release, and it really blew me away.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
16.07.2010 - 19:51
Zuzuz0r

Well, tbis is fast, but as long as it's good, there's no problem for me, I wonder how will it sound, seeing that Souvenirs and Écailles de Lune are different in their own way.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
17.07.2010 - 00:12
Symmachus

Alcest is a band I have recently discovered, and I am impressed with the music I have heard by the musical project. Right now, I am listening to "Percées De Lumière" off their albumt hat was released in March. It is nice that Alcest is already working on a new album; hopefully, it will be great.
17.07.2010 - 05:19
Ask

Written by Ellrohir on 16.07.2010 at 17:17

Well Njiqahdda can do 3 albums pro month and it somehow works great

Haha, so true.
17.07.2010 - 14:02
nilzardo
Account deleted
Neige is my number one musician. I hope he never stops making music
19.07.2010 - 13:41
DieH@rd

I didnt even know that he played live. I thought this was only studio project.

Im glad i was wrong.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
26.04.2011 - 14:53
InnerSelf
proofread free
Found a new song on youtube

----
is not bold enough
26.04.2011 - 15:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 14:53

Hheheheh yeah, While I was standing there I was wondering if it was a cover or a new song. It was pretty nice but I don't remember too much from it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.04.2011 - 15:12
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.04.2011 at 15:08

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 14:53

Hheheheh yeah, While I was standing there I was wondering if it was a cover or a new song. It was pretty nice but I don't remember too much from it.

You were there ? I heard they are very good live "if you like them"
the song is typical Neige stuff so I liked it remotely ehm fanboysim ehm. seems like Neige is getting busy with all the bands and side projects
----
is not bold enough
26.04.2011 - 15:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:12

They were pretty damn good if you ask me but still faaaaaaaaar from being a highlight imo. The best from that day (the first one of Roadburn) was easily the insane Today Is The Day and the crushing Godflesh.

But overall, it was good. A fan wouldn't be dissapointed.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.04.2011 - 15:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.04.2011 at 15:15

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:12

They were pretty damn good if you ask me but still faaaaaaaaar from being a highlight imo. The best from that day (the first one of Roadburn) was easily the insane Today Is The Day and the crushing Godflesh.

But overall, it was good. A fan wouldn't be dissapointed.

Godflesh are still playing live ! I have been getting into Streetcleaner very much lately
----
is not bold enough
26.04.2011 - 15:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:19

Godflesh are still playing live ! I have been getting into Streetcleaner very much lately

They played the entire Streetcleaner (even with the 4 bonus tracks) and that show was BRUTAL. Sometimes I wished them to just stop since it was way too crushing. The sound was great, the drummachine worked perfectly, both the guitar and bass sounded perfect and the vocals were also quite immense.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.04.2011 - 15:33
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.04.2011 at 15:24

Written by InnerSelf on 26.04.2011 at 15:19

They played the entire Streetcleaner (even with the 4 bonus tracks) and that show was BRUTAL. Sometimes I wished them to just stop since it was way too crushing. The sound was great, the drummachine worked perfectly, both the guitar and bass sounded perfect and the vocals were also quite immense.

Gonna be surfing youtube searching for live videos , I know this is not at all as real as the live experience but I need to seem them do what they do best
----
is not bold enough

Hits total: 4036 | This month: 3