11. X.T.C. Riders
12. Me And The Devil
13. Running Man
14. The Raging Storm

Featured in "Getting Into: W.A.S.P."

Staff review by
Malcolm
Rating:
The word "complicated" just got a totally new meaning for me, because never have I listen and tried (!) to review something so complicated like this.
You now might think, "Ohh what a loser, can't even review a W.A.S.P. album", but hey, try to do it yourself, it's not as easy as it seems to be.

Read more ››
published 19.04.2004 | Comments (2)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 140 users
19.07.2010 - 14:26
Rating: 8
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This album for me, is one of only two W.A.S.P. albums (The other being their debut) that come close to touching their two classics ''The Headless Children'', and ''The Crimson Idol". Its just prevented from being up there with them by being a touch overlong, and therefore contains a small amount of filler when those all time great albums had none. I also much prefer "The Rise" over "The Demise" from the 2 ''Neon God'' albums. Songs like the stinging first real track ''Wishing Well", and the painfully haunting "What I'll Never Find", are among Blackie's finest compositions, and bring the band close to their previous greatness. Other highlights are the mesmerising "Asylum #9", and the thundering rocker "X.T.C. Riders". In fact the latter track is hampered only by the fact that the drums literally play the same beat throughout the whole song, with no fills whatsoever. This is especially perplexing when you consider that Frankie Banali is the man behind the kit! Maybe he'd began to lose some of his chops by this point, I dunno...lol

This is IMO one of W.A.S.P.'s better albums, and definitely the best W.A.S.P. album since ''The Crimson Idol''. Not quite a classic, but its a great album nonetheless.
25.01.2013 - 21:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 19.07.2010 at 14:26

This album for me, is one of only two W.A.S.P. albums (The other being their debut) that come close to touching their two classics ''The Headless Children'', and ''The Crimson Idol". Its just prevented from being up there with them by being a touch overlong, and therefore contains a small amount of filler when those all time great albums had none. I also much prefer "The Rise" over "The Demise" from the 2 ''Neon God'' albums. Songs like the stinging first real track ''Wishing Well", and the painfully haunting "What I'll Never Find", are among Blackie's finest compositions, and bring the band close to their previous greatness. Other highlights are the mesmerising "Asylum #9", and the thundering rocker "X.T.C. Riders". In fact the latter track is hampered only by the fact that the drums literally play the same beat throughout the whole song, with no fills whatsoever. This is especially perplexing when you consider that Frankie Banali is the man behind the kit! Maybe he'd began to lose some of his chops by this point, I dunno...lol

This is IMO one of W.A.S.P.'s better albums, and definitely the best W.A.S.P. album since ''The Crimson Idol''. Not quite a classic, but its a great album nonetheless.

Good album but there is no 80's touch seems Blackie is lost somewhere and he search way beck to 80's .... Babylon is 80's style
I like this album but disagree its same like opening 2

There shood be Neo God Part 3 --- something
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.05.2021 - 13:15
Rating: 5
majormalfunction

Not getting the love for this one. Sounds like a poor mans Crimson Idol that lacks great melodies. The production is also weak, especially the drums are really muddy. Asylum #9 is the best song here
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 10264 | This month: 12