Metal Storm logo
W.A.S.P

Original post

Posted by darkwithin, 17.05.2006 - 18:43
Ok, here's the new thread for the W.A.S.P. fans. I only recently discovered them, but they became one of my favorite bands rapidly. I have all of their albums but I'm still hooked up on the dubbel album The neon God. I like their hard pure rock songs, but they also have some really nice ballads like Hold On To My Heart.

What's your guys opinion on them?
10.04.2010 - 09:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 09.04.2010 at 12:04

Fuck me their first 5 albums are RIDICULOUSLY good... i hate Blackie for not playing The Big Welcome/Inside the Electric Circus as the concert intro. that man is a fucking genius and the guy playing the solo's on each album is good too.

There's so many other tracks that would make much better openings...I Am One, Chainsaw Charlie, Thunderhead, Hellion, Running Wild In The Streets, and Crazy all blow The Big Welcome out of the water. In fact, Inside The Electric Circus was a pretty lacking album. They're one of what I like to call "my originals" (one of the first few metal bands I got into years ago), yet I usually skip that over when I'm choosing a good WASP album to listen to.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.04.2010 - 09:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 10.04.2010 at 09:18

Written by Valentin B on 09.04.2010 at 12:04

Fuck me their first 5 albums are RIDICULOUSLY good... i hate Blackie for not playing The Big Welcome/Inside the Electric Circus as the concert intro. that man is a fucking genius and the guy playing the solo's on each album is good too.

There's so many other tracks that would make much better openings...I Am One, Chainsaw Charlie, Thunderhead, Hellion, Running Wild In The Streets, and Crazy all blow The Big Welcome out of the water. In fact, Inside The Electric Circus was a pretty lacking album. They're one of what I like to call "my originals" (one of the first few metal bands I got into years ago), yet I usually skip that over when I'm choosing a good WASP album to listen to.

well, the intro of "Inside the Electric Circus" does drag on quite a bit(like the fake start after the guy announces the circus show or whatever), but i still love that song combo.

but yeah Crazy would be much better(listening to it right now), fuck yeah. it's got that awesome 80s vibe, plus that impossibly epic chorus and the awesome breakdown. genius shit.

EDIT: btw what do you think of the albums between Idol and Neon God? i downloaded their albums but i don't know if i should skip those.
10.04.2010 - 09:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 10.04.2010 at 09:24

EDIT: btw what do you think of the albums between Idol and Neon God? i downloaded their albums but i don't know if i should skip those.

There's some decent stuff scattered amongst it. Don't expect to find any gems though, a lot of it just sounds uninspired. Frankly all that era does is make me want to put on a better WASP album (The Last Command is still my favourite.)

KFD is probably the biggest departure from the traditional WASP sound, sort of an industrial sound to it. It's pretty decent if you're looking for something different. Helldorado only had Cocaine Cowboys, other than that it pretty much sucks.
----
- George Carlin
15.04.2010 - 22:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm curious as to what you people think the "King of Mercy" in the Crimson Idol album is. i'm not too deep into the album's story just yet, so it doesn't all make sense to me.
17.04.2010 - 04:56
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
Written by Doc G. on 10.04.2010 at 09:35

Written by Valentin B on 10.04.2010 at 09:24

There's some decent stuff scattered amongst it. Don't expect to find any gems though, a lot of it just sounds uninspired. Frankly all that era does is make me want to put on a better WASP album (The Last Command is still my favourite.)

KFD is probably the biggest departure from the traditional WASP sound, sort of an industrial sound to it. It's pretty decent if you're looking for something different. Helldorado only had Cocaine Cowboys, other than that it pretty much sucks.

Dying for the World is one of the better W.A.S.P. albums out there. While not better than Crimson Idol, I'd rank it above the first 3 albums and on the same level as The Headless Children. Helldorado and KFD are probably ones you should skip if you're not a huge fan. Unholy Terror is kinda crappy, but it does have one of the best W.A.S.P. songs in "Charisma".

I recently saw Blackie and Co. live. Songs from the first 5 albums and the latest were played mostly. Great show.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
03.08.2010 - 12:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Recently single Al Gore can finally listen to W.A.S.P. - 8===D

That's right... click on my penis. You know you want to
03.08.2010 - 13:00
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Dangerboner on 03.08.2010 at 12:52

Recently single Al Gore can finally listen to W.A.S.P. - 8===D

That's right... click on the penis. You know you want to

The Onion has always been an epic site, but *this* is awesome.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
04.08.2010 - 01:03
Daniell
_爱情_
Quote:
In related news, family sources reported that Tipper Gore has been enjoying her newfound freedom by taking 20-minute showers and leaving the lights on all day.

That made me literally fell off my chair laughing!
05.08.2010 - 18:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious

IMO The Neon God albums have some good stuff on them (although the 1st is definitely the better of the 2), but they are quite patchy. The 1st one has about 3 great tracks on it. The 2nd has none. Agreed about "Helldorado" and KFD. "Helldorado" is awful. lol KFD is different, but I really like about half of the songs on there. xD

@Inside The Electric Circus: Aside from "Helldorado", I think its easily W.A.S.P.'s worst album. Although the title track is one of my fave W.A.S.P. songs.
06.08.2010 - 23:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.08.2010 at 18:11

IMO The Neon God albums have some good stuff on them (although the 1st is definitely the better of the 2), but they are quite patchy. The 1st one has about 3 great tracks on it. The 2nd has none. Agreed about "Helldorado" and KFD. "Helldorado" is awful. lol KFD is different, but I really like about half of the songs on there. xD

@Inside The Electric Circus: Aside from "Helldorado", I think its easily W.A.S.P.'s worst album. Although the title track is one of my fave W.A.S.P. songs.

I have all WASP now, but I have herad all werry long ago, I usu to have 3, but those what I got(all) I havnt been time to lsiten, but somehow I still weekest wasp album still are powerfull, simly thay cant be bad
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.02.2011 - 07:56
Thunderhead

May i say, W.A.S.P. is one of my favorite bands for all time.
To me, The Crimson Idol and Headless Children fuckin' kicks in the ass other albuns they released before and after them.
Dominator was a great album, and The Last Command too... Still not black enough is great either.
The others are very good(Neo god's) /good (KFD and Inside the eletric circus) or almost sucked (helldorado)
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
19.02.2011 - 16:56
marouco

First band that I saw live, Inside in the electric Circus tour:banger2:
02.03.2011 - 10:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
*counts the days until Blackie decides to revive the Crimson Idol Tour like 2007*

edit: i hope they do a 20th anniversary tour. should be fucking epic.
28.12.2011 - 11:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Apparently they'll do an "anthology" tour starting 30 years since their first real show they ever did (21st September 1982), and continue from there. In anticipation Blackie is doing a 15-part retrospective on the band's history:

http://www.waspnation.com/30yearsofthunder.html#Part1
28.01.2012 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In one WASP song lyric Blackie sings ''white anglo saxon'' what does he mean and anybody can tell what song was it
----

apos;'
[image]
03.02.2012 - 23:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 28.01.2012 at 14:02

In one WASP song lyric Blackie sings ''white anglo saxon'' what does he mean and anybody can tell what song was it

It's from "Show No Mercy". I think it's a b-side or something that you can get as a bonus track on some version of their self-titled album.
----
- George Carlin
04.02.2012 - 00:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I think that lyric was most probably were the rumour that W.A.S.P. stood for "White Anglo Saxon Protestants" came from.
08.10.2012 - 10:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Well, here's the standard setlist for the 30 Years Of Thunder shows!

80's Set:

1. The Heretic (The Lost Child)
2. The Torture Never Stops
3. The Real Me
4. L.O.V.E. Machine
5. Wild Child
6. Hellion
7. I Don't Need No Doctor
8. Scream Until You Like It
9. Sleeping (In The Fire)
10. Forever Free
11. The Headless Children

The Crimson Idol set:

12. The Titanic Overture
13. The Crimson Idol Medley (The Invisible Boy/I Am One/Arena Of Pleasure/The Gypsy Meets The Boy)
14. The Idol
15. The Great Misconceptions of Me

Encore:

16. Drum Solo
17. Heaven's Hung in Black
18. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)

Final Encore:

19. Blind In Texas

I said "standard setlist", because I've viewed a few setlists from the tour so far, and the exact same set isn't played every night. Some setlists have "Widowmaker" and "Take Me Up" played during the encores, "On Your Knees" replaced "The Heretic" as the opener for some shows, and "Crazy" has been played at certain dates during the tour too.
08.10.2012 - 17:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.10.2012 at 10:16

Well, here's the standard setlist for the 30 Years Of Thunder shows!

Then this is what I will hear in Luleå to pretty good, even some sonmgs acn be replaced
----

apos;'
[image]
22.10.2012 - 01:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont know if 1 and 2 songs was there.... might be because sound was week, all seems was fixed in song 3
I cant tell what was 1 and 2 but might be 100% coppy
I dont know if they played song Nr 8
----

apos;'
[image]
31.10.2012 - 06:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
That setlist, and the fact that I can't attend any of the shows on this tour, make me want to hurl myself over a bridge

I've already seen WASP twice, and I still will never forget the rollercoaster of emotions they put me through when I first saw them: gut-wrenching anticipation, epic singing-along, actual tears during "The Idol", and monkey-crazy thrashing around when I heard that goddamned chainsaw. The amount of emotion Blackie can put into his actual vocals makes me forgive him for lip syncing the backing vocals and his own during some live songs (can't put my finger on which ones though Crazy sounds a bit too "perfect" all the time).
15.11.2014 - 09:19
_deepblack

WASP is one of my favorite bands and their best album is Crimson Idol from the start to the end mostly because of the concept and story that they are carrying through the album tracks Idol and Titanic Overtune are very great i like their other albums more and but Crimson Idol is always at the top
16.11.2014 - 01:44
GordOfThunder

My favorite WASP album is Crimson Idol, the album is 10/10 and if I had to chose one track it has to be Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue).
16.11.2014 - 02:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GordOfThunder on 16.11.2014 at 01:44

My favorite WASP album is Crimson Idol, the album is 10/10 and if I had to chose one track it has to be Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue).

I like the lyrics in Murders, some press, and some swearing words as well
----

apos;'
[image]
17.11.2014 - 03:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by deadone on 17.11.2014 at 01:38

I said "standard setlist", because I've viewed a few setlists from the tour so far, and the exact same set isn't played every night. Some setlists have "Widowmaker" and "Take Me Up" played during the encores, "On Your Knees" replaced "The Heretic" as the opener for some shows, and "Crazy" has been played at certain dates during the tour too.

No Animal (Fuck Like A Beast )? Heresy!

according to his Blackie not WASP, metal archive sprofile
I am quoting , as you will see written in proper queens English

Since becoming a Reborn Christian, Blackie has disowned W.A.S.P.'s debut release "Animal (I F**k Like a Beast)", vowing never to play it live again.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.11.2014 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 17.11.2014 at 03:25

Written by Bad English on 17.11.2014 at 03:00

Since becoming a Reborn Christian, Blackie has disowned W.A.S.P.'s debut release "Animal (I F**k Like a Beast)", vowing never to play it live again.

Shame. It's a great song.

Also he still plays Blind In Texas?!? That's very unChristian unless he now thinks it's anti-drinking.

well as you know scotish priest bless the whisky before make it lol
----

apos;'
[image]
17.11.2014 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 17.11.2014 at 03:25

Written by Bad English on 17.11.2014 at 03:00

Shame. It's a great song.

Also he still plays Blind In Texas?!? That's very unChristian unless he now thinks it's anti-drinking.

well as you know scotish priest bless the whisky before make it lol
----

apos;'
[image]
11.01.2015 - 14:00
Nucky

W.A.S.P are TOP 10 heavy metal band in the world.. Also killer live band..
11.01.2015 - 16:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nucky on 11.01.2015 at 14:00

Also killer live band..

I agree best what I have seen, but Blackie is such a wimp, mean modafuka as person
----

apos;'
[image]
16.01.2015 - 22:52
Nucky

As long as they keep rockin the stage he can be whatever he likes..