Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Begin Recording New Album

Progressive death metal act Obscura has begun recording the follow-up album to their breakthrough release Cosmogenesis at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany. Engineer V. Santura (Triptykon, Dark Fortress) will helm the recording. An early 2011 release date is expected with additional album details to be announced soon.

Obscura founder Steffen Kummerer commented on the new album: "We are glad to work with our long-time friend V.Santura once again to record our new album. The new material feels broader in some way as everybody in this band brought many unique ideas to the songwriting and we were able to integrate different elements into our sound. More open chords, more acoustic guitars, more seven string shred-tunes. Remember: more is always more. We are excited to create another album of progressive death metal and to start touring through the whole world in early 2011."

Obscura's recording and touring line-up remains as Kummerer on guitar and vocals, Christian Muenzner on guitar, Jeroen Paul Thesseling on bass and Hannes Grossman on drums. The band will round out the Cosmogenesis touring cycle with a performance as part of the Mezcal Metal Festival in Mexico City, Mexico in September.

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 20.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 59 users
20.07.2010 - 16:37
Got Mayhem?
----
20.07.2010 - 22:00
vezzy
Stallmanite
Good news.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.07.2010 - 22:38
Symmachus
Excellent news! I was just thinking about this band and their music.

By the way, the picture of the first post is awesome.
21.07.2010 - 00:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Some good news, i like their two releases to date, although i prefer vastly the "new" cover on Retribution.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.07.2010 - 05:34
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Good to hear. Cosmogenesis was completely amazing!
21.07.2010 - 16:46
Skyum
It is going to be LEGENDARY.
25.07.2010 - 00:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh this is so damn good! I'm very excited to see them in the Mezcal Metal Fest here in Mexico City, Necrophagist will be there too! Geez I'm veeery expectant
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
14.09.2010 - 13:10
InnerSelf
proofread free
Just read the news "was a little late" but this is amazing , hope this "more" stuff add a bit more to their originality and not the other way around
I loved Cosmogenesis and I got my hopes up already
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 2406 | This month: 8