Metal Storm logo
The Air Travel Thread

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 20.07.2010 - 18:25
Okay, a thread to discuss plane travel, opinions about airlines and their policies, etc.

do you travel with a plane on a regular basis? do you use a specific airline or just go with the one that's most convenient/cheap?

have you ever got ripped off by an airline?

i'll answer first: i don't travel usually by plane(so far only 2 journeys and 2-3 more planned in the near future), mostly i go by train as it's far cheaper and i don't usually need to travel long distances, and i use the cheapest airline available, every time with no exception and fortunately the most i ever got fucked over was a plane that departed 1 hour later Bucharest - Berlin about a year or so ago with Blue Air.

commence discussion
16.09.2014 - 21:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 13.09.2014 at 19:44

the TSA confiscated a large bottle of hot sauce which I bought. Their reason was that it was over 3 ounces and was not in the carry on bag. If that bottle was so fucking dangerous, why not treat it like an explosive and throw it out the window or something?

Also, why are electronic cigarettes not permitted on air planes? I never understood the logic behind that.....

Any liquid, cream, balm or similar substance in a container larger than 100 ml is prohibited in hand luggage. These are the rules and if you don't know them then there's no point in accusing the TSA who are just doing their job. I do agree it's a pointless rule, though... In Beijing, you had to throw away matchboxes and cigarette lighters... All in all, if someone wants to do something bad, then this person might as well as use any innocuous appliance as a weapon. And in cases of goode olde corruption, anything can be arranged... The rules are just to pester the peaceful populace.

I can't say anything about the TSA in the US because I've never been in any airport in this country. I've been somewhat displeased with the TSA in Verona and Dublin where the security staff was rather cross and rough... I can't recall anything negative about the staff at Moscow Sheremetyevo but they had an eerie full-body scanner you had to step into.

E-cigarettes might be prohibited because they are still considered tobacco products and the consumption of such goods in certain areas such as aeroplanes and trains is not allowed.
16.09.2014 - 22:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.09.2014 at 19:44

I hate the TSA so fucking much! Tolerated Sexual Assault is what TSA should stand for. In the USA, they're not keeping anyone any safer, all they're doing is making the world hate them even more. Other neighbouring countries, though not as paranoid, have their own TSA styled security and it's the part which pisses me off most about travel. Weeks ago, when I was in Toronto, Canada (Pearson International Airport) flying back to Nassau, Bahamas....the TSA confiscated a large bottle of hot sauce which I bought. Their reason was that it was over 3 ounces and was not in the carry on bag. If that bottle was so fucking dangerous, why not treat it like an explosive and throw it out the window or something?

Also, why are electronic cigarettes not permitted on air planes? I never understood the logic behind that.....

those are not air company rules but airport rules after 9/11 due secure reasons because there you can hide explosions, yes its not comfort because I don't trust airports I would be happy take my luggage whit security guard my self and give into airport luggage place, because you never know, and I hate when they trow booze so ... but those are rules

worts think is if stuartess are dudes man
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.09.2014 - 09:07
Leni

Written by Bad English on 16.09.2014 at 12:01

Written by Leni on 16.09.2014 at 09:06

Well, i always travel by air. i have no preferences, i just use the more convenient flight. I used Lufthansa, Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Alitalia, Air France, Belavia, Wizz Air, Adria, Serbian Airlines, everything was ok.

same as Rus small companies like what flys somewhere in Siberia, Kamchatka , since plains can be old ....

almost all plans are old, even in big air companies.
17.09.2014 - 09:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Leni on 17.09.2014 at 09:07

Written by Bad English on 16.09.2014 at 12:01

Written by Leni on 16.09.2014 at 09:06

Well, i always travel by air. i have no preferences, i just use the more convenient flight. I used Lufthansa, Aeroflot, Air Baltic, Alitalia, Air France, Belavia, Wizz Air, Adria, Serbian Airlines, everything was ok.

same as Rus small companies like what flys somewhere in Siberia, Kamchatka , since plains can be old ....

almost all plans are old, even in big air companies.

new plains costs but still Rus is not so dangerous as African or some S American airlibes, Europe is Europe
----

apos;'
[image]
23.09.2014 - 21:58
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 16.09.2014 at 22:44

worts think is if stuartess are dudes man

If you refer to flight attendants being male, then that's something rather ordinary. In fact, most airlines have both male and female crew members. On several LH flights you may actually see more male flight attendants (who are not gay at all) not to speak of bigger and older females. Just to break the stereotype of flight attendants being tall and slim supermodels. Oh... and some flights actually need cabin crews that are made up of big and burly guys only. I'm talking of charter flights to several resorts in Egypt and Turkey, departing from depressive towns deep within Russia and carrying local white trash who get drunk fast, get into fights on board and are detained at their destination airports.

By the way... I love the way people want to sit by the emergency exit. It's probably rumoured to be the row that's been specially designed to offer the passengers the utmost comfort. Well, it's actually just a row which has a door in the wall that does require certain strength to be opened in case of emergency, quick reaction and ability to cooperate with the crew. Sometimes there ain't even any significant leg space there, there are cabin baggage restrictions that apply to people sitting there and the seats may not recline the way they do in normal rows. And then you hear people say "Hey, I'm fat, I wanna sit by the emergency exit./Hey, I've got long legs, I wanna sit by the emergency exit./Hey, I've got a dog, emergency exit's just the right place to be with your dog, innit?/Hey, I've got a baby with me. I mean... there's so much space in the exit row, I can totally just put my baby on the floor!" And of course... the people who want to sit by the emergency exit but can't speak English to save their lives... nor others'...

If you want to be sure you have lots of leg space, then there's always the possibility to fly in first class. Depends on the airline, though... The first class of Estonian Air can basically be anywhere in the cabin... the crew just attaches a sign that reads "Flex class is here" with a Velcro tape onto a seat (all of which are covered with rough fabric) where necessary. There is no curtain.
01.06.2015 - 14:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does all air companies get money from tickets?
fuel cost, airport tax, carbine crew , pilot incomes... does really you can cover all whit only ticket money?

IMO we need nationalize (well Egypt did whit Chanel, Panama to, Venezuela some oil companies) small air companies as Wizzair, Rynnair , cheap, in end all extra you pay, Ai Baltic and SAS is equall, since they fly in true apiports

IMO we need made one air company EU airlines , one structure, organization, saves money, cheaper flights. new lines, inside of superset country, EU , abroad... Its be great state own company IMO
----

apos;'
[image]