Metal Storm logo
Beneath The Massacre - New EP Title And Release Date Revealed

Prosthetic Records press release

Technical death metal act, Beneath The Massacre, have announced Marée Noire, as the title of their forthcoming EP which will be released in North America on September 14th. The effort was co- produced by Chris Donaldson, known for his work with Cryptopsy, with guitarist Chris Bradley and the band. It was mixed by Donaldson and mastered by Alan Douches (Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, Converge).

Bradley commented on the release: "Marée Noire was written using a different approach than the preceding release. We wouldn't start the writing process from the same point. Some songs were more structured by melodies while others all started from drums pattern. I think it makes the songs stand out a little more."

Vocalist Elliot Desgagnes added: "The tones are a little rawer and it helped a lot that Donaldson and Bradley already worked together in the past. We were all on the same page and everything went well in studio. I really like the EP format. It's easier lyrically to make connections between the songs and follow a thought pattern. We named the EP Marée Noire, "Black Tide", in English, because I was writing lyrics on Absurdism, self fulfilled prophecy and corporations raping everything, when BP started to shit in the Gulf of Mexico."

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: Beneath The Massacre
Posted: 21.07.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 13 users
06.12.2010 - 21:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Shitty EP
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse