Metal Storm logo
Therion - Bassist To Sit Out Upcoming Tour

Therion bassist Nalle Påhlsson has announced he'll be sitting the upcoming South American and European headlining tours. In a message on the band's website he writes:

"I'm writing here to announce that I am not gonna be part of the tour that will start in October 2010, and the reasons are:

• I´m alone with my two children and it´s not possible for me to be away for over two months.
  • I´m right now studying and I have to complete my education this autumn.
  • I have lately had a drinking-problem, and to be on tour is not the best thing for me right now.

I´m doing well at home, feeling good and everything is under control and that´s the way I´m gonna stay and keep it! If everything goes as planned I´m gonna stay member of Therion playing on the forthcoming albums and hopefully I will also be able to show up and play live in the future."

And about the upcoming album Sitra Ahra he says: "I´m also very glad, pleased and satisfied about my playing on the forthcoming album Sitra Ahra that will be released in September 2010! I really think this album will be well received by all of you fans! - It´s absolutely great!"

As you know, touring/session vocalist Snowy Shaw departed earlier this month.

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 23.07.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 64 users
24.07.2010 - 00:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Kids, school and alcoholism. good call, get better and walk it off, Nalle
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.07.2010 - 01:05
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Hey!

On the official site Christopher Johnsson has stated that Waldemar Sorychta is the replacement for Nalle in the upcoming tour. Nalle is still remaining the permanent member of the band. You can also read Johnsson's statement revolving the whole thing.

(I'm sorry, I don't know how to update the news so I'm just giving the info, hopefully someone else will )
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
24.07.2010 - 19:21
Dominus
The Shooter
Another chance more and counting....
24.07.2010 - 19:35
Prisoner
Account deleted
..."And I have to work half-time as a pizza delivery man"....LOL, funny reasons!
24.07.2010 - 20:37
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I think this won't affect very much Therion's performance, somehow they manage to give a great show with every line-up they have
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 2535 | This month: 5