Metal Storm logo
Melechesh - New Album Title Revealed

Official press release

Sumerian thrashing black metal pioneers Melechesh have just announced the title of their fifth album, The Epigenesis. The album contains 11 tracks.

The Epigenesis was recorded in newly built first class Babajim Studios in Istanbul, Turkey and was mixed by Reuben de Lautour and mastered by Pieter Snapper.

Commented mainman and founding member Ashmedi: "As I have mentioned earlier we wanted to defy the norm and record eastwards rather than remain in Europe. This was mainly due to the inspiring surrounding we found in Istanbul as well as the high quality of the studio and gracious staff. Since this city is a mesh of east and west and had a very long tradition of rock music. Two months of gruelling work and very long hours. We took a risk and it paid off, the outcome is phenomenal!

The production is very dynamic and big! The album is definitely Melechesh and as always unlike its predecessors and we as a band are exactly where we want to be at this point in time. There are several moods on the album, from very aggressive raw songs with minimal riffs to ritualistic near eastern metal opuses, one of which is a 12 minute song that combines Mid-Eastern music, psychedelic rock and metal.

On one third of the album we have used 12 string electric guitars for the main rhythm riffing. We have included two instrumental compositions with completely different moods as well. Lyrically, the album deals with several themes within the spheres of Melechesh such as Sumerian/Mesopotamian/Anunnakian themes, as well as other occult near-eastern and cosmological philosophies and ideas. Nevertheless, the lyrics do have dual meanings that are to some extent subliminal and can relate to one's own life journey, but that's for the individual to figure out.

As for traditional instruments, we subtly included several instruments such as baglama saz, tanbour, Persian santur, ney, Indian sitar, azeri tar, bindir - I say subtly because we definitely wanted the album to be metal. Sumerian thrashing black metal. Some say, some do... this is sonic magick!!"

The Epigenesis will be released later this year via Nuclear Blast.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Melechesh
Posted: 25.07.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 85 users
25.07.2010 - 06:04
BenWasHere

I look forward to this album.
25.07.2010 - 06:17
Thanntos

Can't wait for this really, Emissaries was the tits.
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
25.07.2010 - 09:56
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Gotta dig Melechesh, should be dope as hell.
25.07.2010 - 10:34
Baz Anderson

I have the album - it's quite good. Not familiar with their other stuff though, so I can't compare.
25.07.2010 - 17:03
Got Mayhem?

This is definitely something I'm looking forward to hearing.
----
25.07.2010 - 20:22
Thanntos

Due out in October and you already got to hear it? Ah the life of the staff...

(baz check out their last album, its extraordinary)
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
26.07.2010 - 12:25
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Finally something to look forward to in '10
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
27.07.2010 - 03:18
Raripen