07. The Fallen Angel
08. The Nomad
09. Out Of The Silent Planet
10. The Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Top 20 albums of 2000: 3
Top 200 albums of all time: 197
Featured in "Getting Into: Iron Maiden"

Additional info
Produced by Kevin Shirley. Co-produced by Steve Harris.

Guest review by
Bethany
Rating:
I bought Iron Maiden's newest cd used in fear that I wouldn't like it. It even took some further contemplation of whether I was going to lay down $4.99 for it. (Yes, I am picky and cheap.) Anyway, all my doubts and fears were destroyed after one listen to this album.

It may not be the exact same Maiden you're used to - some of it is a bit slower, but incredibly artistic. Bruce's voice is as fine-tuned as ever, and you just can't go wrong with three good guitarists. The sound is very melodic, as usual, and very easily gets stuck in your head. I've had "Blood Brothers" in my head for almost three months now. Most of the songs clock in over six minutes, and the entire cd is over an hour long. With Iron Maiden especially, the more the better. And the songs definitely do not disappoint, that is, unless you're one of the strict "new sucks, I only like their older music" type people.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2003 | Comments (22)

Found in 118 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 51   Visited by: 2028 users
26.07.2010 - 11:13
Rating: 10
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
I think this was great, Im not a Bruce Dickinson fan but after he came back they did one of their best album after years and I think after this they couldnt give an album like it again.
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
11.09.2010 - 14:09
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Elyar S. on 26.07.2010 at 11:13

I think this was great, Im not a Bruce Dickinson fan but after he came back they did one of their best album after years and I think after this they couldnt give an album like it again.

Yes it's great but IMO A Matter Of Life And Death is a good album too.
11.09.2010 - 22:31
Rating: 8
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
All "new" albums are great in some way...different but still rocking...

Blood Brothers, Dream Of Mirrors and Out Of The Silent Planet are my favorites here...also The Thin Line Between Love & Hate is nice
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.02.2011 - 23:02
Viesturs
My Favorite album ever
29.10.2011 - 20:32
kalkeon
This is the band that attracted me to the metal side, Iron Maiden. I was always some rocker who didn't knew what kind of music he liked. It began with some AC/DC after that Ozzy but then some friend said to me: Do you know Iron Maiden. Ik was love at first sound, now I have the full discography of them without some live albums and EP's. After listening all of their studio albums I think this maybe one of the best if not the best heavy metal album I've ever heard.
29.10.2011 - 21:07
Rating: 9
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
A terrific "comeback" album after two horrible releases. Love that they said fuck radio airplay (although they've done that most of their career) and made loooong, epic, songs.
----
rekt
11.08.2012 - 14:38
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I'm still to be counted as a young face to metal, but this was the second Iron Maiden album i've heard in my life and left a mark in me. Still my favourite Maiden album after 10 f*cking years. Up The Irons!
----
12.08.2012 - 22:00
FeskarN
Written by qlacs on 11.08.2012 at 14:38

I'm still to be counted as a young face to metal, but this was the second Iron Maiden album i've heard in my life and left a mark in me. Still my favourite Maiden album after 10 f*cking years. Up The Irons!

Same with me too. One of their best albums for sure. Never gets old
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
13.08.2012 - 03:36
BlueMobius
Account deleted
This is definitely a great comeback album. Of their later career, it's probably my favorite overall. There are a lot of memorable moments on the album that remind me of mid- to late-'80s Maiden.
17.08.2012 - 17:53
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Their most "epic" album, for sure... Brave New World is currently my Favourite Iron Maiden song.
04.11.2012 - 18:19
Spacerunner
My favorite from them!
12.11.2012 - 22:12
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This album is a glorious return-to-form and by far my favorite album from the band (that includes their classic 1980s releases). Every song on here shows the band at the top of their skills since the 80s, and Bruce sounds incredible as always (he has this really awesome snarl to his vocals from his age probably). The last song is so heartfelt.

EDIT: Number of the Beast is actually my #1 favorite now, but BNW will be a close number three for a while.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
02.03.2013 - 22:36
Rating: 7
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 11.09.2010 at 22:31

All "new" albums are great in some way...different but still rocking...

Blood Brothers, Dream Of Mirrors and Out Of The Silent Planet are my favorites here...also The Thin Line Between Love & Hate is nice

Well I agree whit you its some way diferent but still good, maybe its Iron maiden magic and profesionality, many band swont do such deal what did IM
My friend had tape I hade a coppy so I know this from 2001 and beck in those days I didnt like, I was .. all old is good, all new is crap, hehe but now its OK, even those who knows prom videos will understand what are best songs here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.03.2013 - 22:50
Lord_Regnier
Overrated. I don't know why so many people put this album on the same level as Maiden's 80s albums.
I find it quite inferior to any old Maiden album.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
03.03.2013 - 07:52
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.03.2013 at 22:50

Overrated. I don't know why so many people put this album on the same level as Maiden's 80s albums.
I find it quite inferior to any old Maiden album.

Agreed. Brave New World is fun and catchy and all, but nowhere near their first 7
03.03.2013 - 08:37
Rating: 8
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"new" Maiden are "different", but not necessarily "worse"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.03.2013 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 03.03.2013 at 08:37

"new" Maiden are "different", but not necessarily "worse"

BTW does I am only one who hear ''arabic'' music or ''midle east'' trad folk sound elemenmts ... lil bit O Land type of elements into music?
----

apos;'
[image]
21.05.2013 - 14:35
Illog1cal
Account deleted
This album reminds me a lot of 'Somewhere In Time', only without the synthesizers.
26.05.2014 - 14:26
Dr. Strawberry
Written by deadone on 17.04.2014 at 08:08

I really liked this one. I remember when I was heard Bruce was coming back to the fold and it made me the happiest little metalhead on the planet.

And the result was great too!

Fanboys' ratings always bring disturbance to real metalheads. Sounds like a bitch has discovered a big-red-cock-shaped-candy in K-Mart.
28.05.2014 - 04:48
Rating: 5
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 26.05.2014 at 14:26
Fanboys' ratings always bring disturbance to real metalheads. Sounds like a bitch has discovered a big-red-cock-shaped-candy in K-Mart.

You really let the opinions of others get to you, eh?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.06.2014 - 22:01
Dr. Strawberry
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 04:48

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 26.05.2014 at 14:26

You really let the opinions of others get to you, eh?

Yes, everytime I wasted my money due to their recommendations
03.06.2014 - 00:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Anyone who buys an album purely based on someone else's opinion deserves all they get.
12.07.2014 - 06:36
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 21.05.2013 at 14:35

This album reminds me a lot of 'Somewhere In Time', only without the synthesizers.

"Somewhere In Time" is ten times better than this.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.07.2014 - 06:02
mikeprado30
Excellent album, but I found it a little overrated (IMHO Dance of Death was better). This one launched the Maiden sound into a most epic vibe (more epic even than in SSOASS).

EDIT: This album is really deserver of a 10!!! Every song has a high value. Being my favorites BLOOD BROTHERS, Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad, but the whole album is really great.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
07.12.2014 - 20:36
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Written by mikeprado30 on 16.07.2014 at 06:02

Excellent album, but I found it a little overrated (IMHO Dance of Death was better). This one launched the Maiden sound into a most epic vibe (more epic even than in SSOASS).

EDIT: This album is really deceiver of a 10!!! Every song has a high value. Being my favorites BLOOD BROTHERS, Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad, but the whole album is really great.

"Deceiver"?
08.12.2014 - 04:35
mikeprado30
Written by Guest on 07.12.2014 at 20:36

Written by mikeprado30 on 16.07.2014 at 06:02

EDIT: This album is really deceiver of a 10!!! Every song has a high value. Being my favorites BLOOD BROTHERS, Dream of Mirrors and The Nomad, but the whole album is really great.

"Deceiver"?

My HUGE typo. I meant DESERVER!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.07.2015 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 03.06.2014 at 00:22

Anyone who buys an album purely based on someone else's opinion deserves all they get.

I never do it I try download, or hear at 1th place, I made such mistakes as teenager, but I never have been desapointed, my friend had this on tape, so I knew it before but trolley appreciated in Sweden
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2016 - 07:08
majormalfunction
Fantastic album, such a good collection of songs. Of the post-Blaze era albums it's only surpassed by AMOLAD. It's very close to a 10 but there's something missing from breaking the perfect score, maybe i change my mind one day.

EDIT: Yes I have changed my mind. There's no way this album doesn't the deserve the full rating.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
30.05.2016 - 11:20
Ganondox
I always found this album to be rather underrated, like why isn't this in the iTunes store? It's one of their best.
16.06.2016 - 19:14
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I think i'vw found my 2nd favorite IM album after Somewhere in Time.... Awesome album, epic as fuck!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!

Hits total: 32395 | This month: 153