Metal Storm logo
Vreid - Issue Band Update

Below is the "summer update" from the Vreid camp. The band discusses the release of a new DVD, a European tour later this year and a new upcoming album. Read all about it:

"New booking agency: We are pleased to announce that German agency ICS Festival service GmbH, has become our booking agency for Europe (minus Norway) and Asia. ICS is a well established agency, and we are happy to be a part of their rooster. We have already started working on tours & festivals for 2011 with ICS.

DVD coming soon: Our first DVD is soon to be released. It will hit the streets in September (exact date will follow soon). The DVD is entitled Vreid Goddamnit and will contain the complete Vreid concert at Inferno Festival, Rockefeller, Oslo, April 10th 2009. The concert was filmed with 7 cameras and mixed by Hváll at Studio 1184. There is also lots of extra material at the DVD, more info on this will follow soon with the release date.

European Tour in autumn: To support the release of Vreid Goddamnit we will do a European tour in October. The tour is almost fully booked, and info on this tour will be announced very soon.

New album on its way: Our main priority this year has been working with our 5th album. There has been several changes around this time. A lot of new equipment has been used, Hváll has rebuild his Studio 1184, and set up a completely new system. Also this is the first time the entire production is done by ourselves. Everything from pre-prod, all recording and mixing. This has been very refreshing & liberating, and we are extremely satisfied with the production for this album.

We had a line-up change as Strom joined us on guitar at the end of last year. This is his first recording with Vreid, and he has made a tremendous contribution for the album. He has been working closely with Sture and Hváll with the guitar arrangements, and definitive set his mark on the songs.

10 songs has been recorded, and it seem that 9 of them will make it for the album. How does it sound?? Bloody great if you ask us. Everyone seems very satisfied with the album, and the spirit within the band is fantastic. After working intensely in the studio for the last half year, we are now taking a break from the studio, before we wrap things up in September/October. The album will be released early 2011 through Indie Recordings. We will keep you posted with updates during the autumn."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Vreid
Posted: 29.07.2010 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 49 users
29.07.2010 - 19:28
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Cool! The new album will be recorded at Hvall's 1184 studio : this is gonna be really interesting!
29.07.2010 - 20:02
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Yeaaaaaaaaah! bring it on!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.07.2010 - 21:33
Symmachus

Cool news about the album and DVD in the works, although I'm not huge on the DVD's title.

Hits total: 2178 | This month: 4