Metal Storm logo
Demiricous

20.08.2006 - 22:12
thefadedline

Anyone heard this band yet? American thrash band. I hear lots of Exodus influence in the guitar solo's and a lot of Slayer influence overall but then again, they are thrash metal. Infact, I think Tom Araya wants to sue the band or some shit...

Although they are quite a new band they are seriously damn good and worth checking out.

www.myspace.com/demiricous - there are some songs on there.

(Sorry for the duplicate topics, I clicked submit more than once because my Internet was being slow...)
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
21.08.2006 - 00:12
thefadedline

Oh and does anyone know how to pronounce this? The name is made up so there's no definition online either.

It is either:

dem-uh-rish-uss, or:

dem-ear-e-cuss...

I wanna know because I hate recommending bands to my friends and not being able to even pronounce the name.
----
21.08.2006 - 01:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol that whole bit about Tom Araya wanting to sue them was a joke.

Oh, and I have no clue how to pronounce their name.
24.08.2006 - 16:13
thefadedline

Nevertheless, they are damn good. Some nice memorable riffs. Can't believe nobody has heard them.
----
24.08.2006 - 20:41
ASiema113

Well I would'nt go as far as saying that no one has heard of them, but there are alot of bands so people tend to go for classics & others choose other bands not so well known. Myself I'm in between I enjoy the best of both worlds of metal just nothing including nu-metal. Anyway I also see that they have Slayer influenced solos but some of their riffs remind me of Lamb of God which isn't a bad thing but just not as interesting as other things. But don't get me wrong sometimes when I'm not listening to anything and I hear riffs in my head it would be a lie if I said they didn't pop into my head every so often. And about the pronouniation I think it's (Demi-rye-cous) thats how I pronounce it.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
24.08.2006 - 20:57
thefadedline

Cool, well I know there are probably a million bands out there that sound like this right now. I only caught the attention of these guys because Tom Araya said something about suing them for 'being too Slayer' (like pyroleprechaun said, he was joking).

There are bands that come around quite often that I wish were instrumental and this band is one of them. I really don't like the vocals. They sound so unpracticed. Like someone random from the street decided they'd do the vocals the day of recording.
----
30.08.2006 - 18:50
ASiema113

Well I don't think Demiricous will be so unknown b/c they are on tour here's the line up
Vital Remains/Dismember/Grave/Demiricous/Withered
only thing is in IL they are playing in a place called Abbey Pub so I don't know if getting in might be a problem or not well I look older then I am but don't think that will be enough but if they let me in that will be enough I can handle not drinking for a night.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
02.09.2006 - 20:42
thefadedline

If they let you in you shouldn't have a problem buying beer anyways!
----
03.09.2006 - 19:02
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
This band is alright.

And i cannot wait for that Vital Remains and Dismember tour; fucking insane shit.
27.09.2006 - 11:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Demiricous - Announce New Drummer :

Demiricous' search for a replacement drummer is over. After almost a year of touring and trying out numerous drummers the band has officially made Dustin Boltjes a member of the band. Boltjes is the former drummer of The Dream Is Dead, and is a long time friend of Demiricous. Upon completing a string of dates with the guys on a recent HIMSA tour, they made their final decision and are back to being a four member band. Without wasting any time at all, the band has already begun writing new material for their second album release with Metal Blade Records.

(Source : http://www.demiricous.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.02.2008 - 15:20
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Nice Riffs. How to pronounce it? No clue what so ever...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
28.12.2008 - 07:01
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by thefadedline on 21.08.2006 at 00:12
Oh and does anyone know how to pronounce this? The name is made up so there's no definition online either.

It is either:

dem-uh-rish-uss, or:

dem-ear-e-cuss...

I wanna know because I hate recommending bands to my friends and not being able to even pronounce the name.
Since there's no i after the c, there shouldn't be any "ish" sound. My mind tells me either de- or duh-MIR-uh-cus, though the second syllable could be "meer" and maybe emphasize the third.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
28.12.2008 - 07:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah I heard Kerry King pronounce them like Syk explained (de-).
04.01.2009 - 12:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I like em, they're pretty kick ass, and their avatar is hillarious.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.