Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
11.06.2009 - 11:42
lord artan

Iiiiii love this band i love fiction album and i first biography and translate and download dark tranquillity in my country(iran)
http://www.lordartanmetal.blogfa.com/cat-26.aspx
11.06.2009 - 23:13
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Janne on 04.06.2009 at 20:47

Written by Warman on 25.05.2009 at 02:16

Probably "Haven" for me, it's very majestic and very easy to get into. Dark Tranquillity has never been a "deep" band for me, so I prefer when their music is right on.

It's very true for me. I got into Haven after the 1st listening. But it wasn't so easy with Gallery. Now I like both albums but Haven is my favourite because of its great softness. The keyboard work is awesome on the album.
You convinced me to listen to Haven and hey, no regrets
----
loves 小巫
21.06.2009 - 03:07
Warlock84

The 1st album I got was Character and instantly I fell in love with it. Lost To Apathy, Out Of Nothing, My Negation... every song is amazing and so well constructed. Then I bought The Gallery and was just floored. I have several others now and enjoy all of them... but honestly I think I have to say it is a toss up between The Gallery, Character, and Fiction... I just can't decide which one I like more.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
21.06.2009 - 12:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Warlock84 on 21.06.2009 at 03:07

The 1st album I got was Character and instantly I fell in love with it. Lost To Apathy, Out Of Nothing, My Negation... every song is amazing and so well constructed. Then I bought The Gallery and was just floored. I have several others now and enjoy all of them... but honestly I think I have to say it is a toss up between The Gallery, Character, and Fiction... I just can't decide which one I like more.

these are the most agrressive releases of the band! good for you!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.06.2009 - 13:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
"The Poison Well" must be my favourite song by them, that chorus is just mindblowing. The fact that it's "just" a bonus track is a disgrace!
----
21.06.2009 - 13:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Warman on 21.06.2009 at 13:17

"The Poison Well" must be my favourite song by them, that chorus is just mindblowing. The fact that it's "just" a bonus track is a disgrace!

yeah the poison well rules, Static also imo!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.06.2009 - 13:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Deadmeat on 21.06.2009 at 13:30

yeah the poison well rules, Static also imo!

Sure, "Static" is a killer too.
----
21.06.2009 - 23:02
Warlock84

Let's face it... Every song the band creates kicks ass. They are even better live. They're just that damn good.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
28.07.2009 - 11:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I just noticed that most DT songs actually require a great skill in terms of picking and the use of palm mute. The transitions are incredibly fast. Or maybe I'm just not that great of a guitar player lol

Anyway, I can't wait for the new DVD, that'll help me deal with the fact that the new album will only be out released in 2010.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.07.2009 - 18:21
Farid Masud

I found projector album to be truly a melodic death style and although unique as it is, the projector album was most likely the most original of all "gothenburg" albums.
----
Someone once said"If eye for an eye were to be put into practice, then the whole world will be blind..."
31.07.2009 - 22:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Farid Masud on 31.07.2009 at 18:21

I found projector album to be truly a melodic death style and although unique as it is, the projector album was most likely the most original of all "gothenburg" albums.

Interesting. Why do you think it was the most original out of the gothenburg albums?
----

My Instagram
04.08.2009 - 03:13
Farid Masud

Written by BloodTears on 31.07.2009 at 22:25

Written by Farid Masud on 31.07.2009 at 18:21

Interesting. Why do you think it was the most original out of the gothenburg albums?

When you see most other gothenburg albums, especially the ones composed write now, you will notice that Dark tranquility added not only a sense of doom in their album the projector, but listening to the tracks neither novas and to a bitter halt and auctioned, I noticed that they added doom and atmospheric elements to these tracks especially and not only to this but also to the punishing song, on your time. The band did say in their interview with Metal Storm and Niklas Sundin, you will learn that they did this approach in the album projector to stand apart from others and thats why I think this was their best and most original work although the work they have now are very unique compared to other gothenburg bands. By the way in the review by Collin in Metal storm, if you take his word for it, you will never find out the talent that the musicians of Dark Tranquility has. I am not stating that its a fact that Projector is the best, but I am just stating that I think in my opinion that Projector is the best.
----
Someone once said"If eye for an eye were to be put into practice, then the whole world will be blind..."
23.08.2009 - 14:20
Ereinion
Account deleted
After a lot of work, we're proud to announce that the "Where Death Is Most Alive" DVD will see the light of day on October 26th, 2009 in Europe and November 17th, 2009 in North America via Century Media Records. This little baby took quite some time to deliver, but when you'll see the scope and quality of the material, you'll understand why it wasn't done over a fortnight.

Our first official DVD, "Live damage" (2002), was OK for its time, but hardly spectacular, so this time we wanted to make sure that we could offer people something more substantial that would live up to the high expectations. For the main feature, we had our headline show in Milano last October professionally documented by Finnish production company Vasara Films. As expected, they did a stellar job with both the filming and editing and really managed to capture the vibe of the evening. Italy is home to some of the most devoted and enthusiastic D.T. fans on earth, something which is very obvious from the footage. The show is the longest one in D.T. history (and one of the very last concerts held at the legendary Rolling Stone club), and features a guest performance by Nell Sigland on "The Mundane and the Magic" and "Insanity's crescendo". For the mixing, we once again let Tue Madsen work his magic at his Antfarm Studios in Denmark, and the result is simply amazing.

In addition to that, Village Road films have put together "Out Of Nothing", a true stroll-down-memory-lane documentary about the band. All current members as well as Michael Nicklasson (ex-bass) and Fredrik Johansson (ex-guitar) are interviewed, and a host of people from the early Gothenburg scene share their anecdotes and memories. Among others, Tomas Lindberg (At The Gates, Grotesque etc), Anders Iwers (Tiamat, Ceremonial Oath) and Fredrik Nordström (Studio Fredman) appear in the film, which spans for approx. 47 minutes.

The DVD will also mark the premiere of the "Misery's Crown" promo video, shot earlier this year by Roger Johansson and Vasara Films. All our other promo clips from recent years are featured as well.

Furthermore, we undertook some extensive detective research, raiding our old homes to dig up long forgotten VHS tapes from the archives. A surprisingly large amount of footage was found, most of which never even got spread through the tape trading network at the time. In total, the "Live Archive" portion of the DVD features 21 tracks with a strong emphasis on old ("Skydancer" and earlier) material including some real rarities. Most of these songs were only performed live a handful of times, as shows weren't that frequent back then. Two of them ("Soulbreed" and "The Dying Fragment Of An Elderly Dream") are actually the only D.T. songs that were 100% completed but never recorded properly in studio. Both were written in the autumn of 1991.

To conclude - we're damn proud of this release, and more than sure that it will satisfy the high expectations of both old and new fans alike. Here's to the next 20 years!

More news including full track listing to be posted shortly.

/D.T.

News about the forthcoming DVD

Maybe Anders Friden will be interviewed in the documentary.... and say what a mistake it was to leave DT :
27.08.2009 - 23:12
FeskarN

Here is a new little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-QcYvhedck DT does not need rehearsals!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
27.08.2009 - 23:21
Ereinion
Account deleted
Written by FeskarN on 27.08.2009 at 23:12

Here is a new little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-QcYvhedck DT does not need rehearsals!

"Rehearsals are for cowards and suckers" this sentence slays

30.08.2009 - 15:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I will buy the DVD, so it's good to know it'll be out next month.
----

My Instagram
31.08.2009 - 12:13
Piranha_Kill

Skydancer / Of Chaos FTW!
----
What do ya mean, booze ain't food! I'd rather chop off my ding-dong than admit that.
44 mins of target practice, all hell's breaking loose........Firefight with a Pocketknife...
03.09.2009 - 14:14
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Guest on 23.08.2009 at 14:20

Maybe Anders Friden will be interviewed in the documentary.... and say what a mistake it was to leave DT :

Why should Anders Fridén think of it as a mistake to leave DT? He did nothing good for the band vocalwise on Skydancer. Mikael Stanne is the better vocalist for the band, Fridén is the better vocalist for In Flames, which, as you probably know, Stanne sang on the first album for.
04.09.2009 - 01:15
Ereinion
Account deleted
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 03.09.2009 at 14:14

Written by Guest on 23.08.2009 at 14:20

Why should Anders Fridén think of it as a mistake to leave DT? He did nothing good for the band vocalwise on Skydancer. Mikael Stanne is the better vocalist for the band, Fridén is the better vocalist for In Flames, which, as you probably know, Stanne sang on the first album for.

My point was referring more to the different musical qualities that this two bands have nowdays.....
11.09.2009 - 08:55
RyanH

The Wonders At Your Feet!
11.09.2009 - 19:37
Fhuesc

Written by RyanH on 11.09.2009 at 08:55

The Wonders At Your Feet what?, do u have 16 post like this and the Dimensions Unseen in Skyfire?

EDIT: Answer to my question above: yes you have 16 post like this, only posting some random song. Please say something more or else Lucas' Banhammer will kick your ass.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
11.09.2009 - 21:21
MeloDeathViking

Written by Fhuesc on 11.09.2009 at 19:37

Written by RyanH on 11.09.2009 at 08:55

The Wonders At Your Feet what?, do u have 16 post like this and the Dimensions Unseen in Skyfire?

EDIT: Answer to my question above: yes you have 16 post like this, only posting some random song. Please say something more or else Lucas' Banhammer will kick your ass.

Hahaha beware the Banhammer! Glad I'm not the only one noticing the random posting.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
11.09.2009 - 23:35
RyanH

GO LISTEN TO THE SONGS I POST
12.09.2009 - 03:35
Fhuesc

Written by RyanH on 11.09.2009 at 23:35

GO LISTEN TO THE SONGS I POST

When i wrote that you should post something more, i didnt meant this or the lyrics that you have posted on the other topics.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
12.09.2009 - 05:11
GamlaSonn

I remember a while back I dismissed "Character" for it's electronic sounds, but now I enjoy it and can safely say I think it's good, heavy shit

what a fool i was..
19.09.2009 - 07:37
Deadly Void

DT is my favorite metal band, and my best album from them is Haven. Wow this album is awesome! So melodic! I just love it!
19.09.2009 - 11:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Actually, haven is my least favourite DT album.
----

My Instagram
19.09.2009 - 11:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 19.09.2009 at 11:03

Do you like ''Skydancer'' and ''The Galery''
I have herad those long ago but if w etalk about band those are moust underated band albums, somehow people get in band after ''Projector'' album , they know more nowdays band same like Arch Anemy fiew knows and have herad male vocal albums , I wanna re live those days when albums released
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.09.2009 - 11:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 19.09.2009 at 11:07

I have herad those long ago but if w etalk about band those are moust underated band albums, somehow people get in band after ''Projector'' album , they know more nowdays band same like Arch Anemy fiew knows and have herad male vocal albums , I wanna re live those days when albums released

I love The Gallery, it's one of their masterpieces. But Haven is nothing like it, it's just an average album for their standards.
----

My Instagram
19.09.2009 - 11:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 19.09.2009 at 11:10

Written by Bad English on 19.09.2009 at 11:07

I love The Gallery, it's one of their masterpieces. But Haven is nothing like it, it's just an average album for their standards.

I agree IMO those in mid 1997 till nowdays period was like ''we need realise'' lets do, no insipration,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing