Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
14.06.2008 - 18:51
Fhuesc
I saw them for the first time, last night.

Awesome it's the only word i can find to describe them.

My only complaint is that they didn't play The Gallery.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
14.06.2008 - 21:26
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
it's really hard to choose, i almost like all their albums.
but my favourit songs are Cornered and ThereIn. they're truely awesome.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
14.06.2008 - 21:53
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Fhuesc on 14.06.2008 at 18:51

I saw them for the first time, last night.

Awesome it's the only word i can find to describe them.

My only complaint is that they didn't play The Gallery.

That is one great song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.06.2008 - 01:07
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Yeah I agree with OP-- "Character" is my fav album... but "Fiction" is a close second.
19.06.2008 - 15:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
What do you think they will do next? Do you think they can maintain this pace?
----

My Instagram
19.06.2008 - 19:58
tulkas
el parcero
i saw them last monday here in bogota and the only thing that i didn't like was that they didn't play monochromatic stains, nor am i 1?, but damn was that a great fuckin' gig! amaaaazing. i was in front row so mikael practically sang in my face more than 3 times, and at the end if the show we waited for over an hour for them to come out. and when they did, we took pictures with them and mikael signed my ticket.

no words to describe all this, it was just soooo unreal!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.06.2008 - 01:00
Fhuesc
Written by tulkas on 19.06.2008 at 19:58

i saw them last monday here in bogota and the only thing that i didn't like was that they didn't play monochromatic stains, nor am i 1?, but damn was that a great fuckin' gig! amaaaazing. i was in front row so mikael practically sang in my face more than 3 times, and at the end if the show we waited for over an hour for them to come out. and when they did, we took pictures with them and mikael signed my ticket.

Did Mikael said that they'll return next year?
----
Until victory, always!
20.06.2008 - 15:49
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Fhuesc on 20.06.2008 at 01:00

yep. he actually said that they'd certainly return again (for 4th time), since the audience was just so unbeliveable and great, no shit! you could actually see their amazement in their faces, it was incredible!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.06.2008 - 21:04
Fhuesc
Written by tulkas on 20.06.2008 at 15:49

yep. he actually said that they'd certainly return again (for 4th time), since the audience was just so unbeliveable and great, no shit! you could actually see their amazement in their faces, it was incredible!

Good, he said the same thing here, that means DT next year, yeah!!!
----
Until victory, always!
22.06.2008 - 18:45
Uller
Written by tulkas on 20.06.2008 at 15:49

I hope you are right, it was awesome!! Come back please!! come back!!
----
15.01.2009 - 11:18
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 15:41

Hard to say. I do believe though that nothing will slow these guys down and that the next album will be great. I think the next album will undoubtedly show progression (they always do). They do pace themselves well though and the progression wont be something completely different. A small feeling tells me that the next album will be one of their greatest ever. I don't know why but I do

Their next album is due out this year if they fallow the same patterns of release. It will be their 20th anniversary so maybe a DVD release?
----
Coldgrits
15.01.2009 - 11:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 15.01.2009 at 11:18

Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 15:41

Hard to say. I do believe though that nothing will slow these guys down and that the next album will be great. I think the next album will undoubtedly show progression (they always do). They do pace themselves well though and the progression wont be something completely different. A small feeling tells me that the next album will be one of their greatest ever. I don't know why but I do

Their next album is due out this year if they fallow the same patterns of release. It will be their 20th anniversary so maybe a DVD release?

That would be great, a new DVD. I really wanted to see "character" and "fiction" songs played live. I have the Live Damage DVD, which is great apart from the extras, they give us the same setlist over and over again.

It's about time they release a new DVD. About the new album, I really don't know, they've been so consistent that it almost scares me really.
----

My Instagram
15.01.2009 - 21:35
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
On their recent "Where Death Is Most Alive" tour they've recorded the gig in Milan. So a DVD release in the not so far future is rather certain.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
15.01.2009 - 21:45
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Promonex on 15.01.2009 at 21:35

On their recent "Where Death Is Most Alive" tour they've recorded the gig in Milan. So a DVD release in the not so far future is rather certain.

Yup, on Halloween night
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.01.2009 - 21:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Elio on 15.01.2009 at 21:45

Yup, on Halloween night

U were there?
----

My Instagram
17.01.2009 - 15:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by BloodTears on 16.01.2009 at 21:56

Written by Elio on 15.01.2009 at 21:45

Yup, on Halloween night

U were there?

Unfortunately not
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
24.01.2009 - 15:15
Ascendant187
I'm very interested in seeing what their next album will be like. I kind of felt like "Character" and "Fiction" meld together very easily, almost to the point where either album could be mistaken for the other. There are days where I don't find that to be a bad thing and days where I do. I can't see them doing anything too crazy in terms of progression - like a kazoo section or something.
24.01.2009 - 17:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I hope they can still surprise me in a good way, of course.
----

My Instagram
24.01.2009 - 18:22
Ascendant187
Written by BloodTears on 24.01.2009 at 17:13

I hope they can still surprise me in a good way, of course.

Everyone's hoping for that.
06.02.2009 - 17:18
Ascendant187
Written by Guest on 06.02.2009 at 17:08

I've only listened to Dark Tranquillity - Character.

They are an amazing band and very intense!

The Gallery and Damage Done are two must-listen-to albums if you can find them. I imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them however as they're quite popular.
06.02.2009 - 18:50
Ascendant187
Written by Guest on 06.02.2009 at 18:41

Written by Ascendant187 on 06.02.2009 at 17:18

I've only listened to Dark Tranquillity - Character.

They are an amazing band and very intense!

The Gallery and Damage Done are two must-listen-to albums if you can find them. I imagine you shouldn't have too much trouble finding them however as they're quite popular.

Thanks...I'll definitely check into them.
Yeah, I just recently started listening to metal...so i'm looking for great CD's to start my collection.

You'll find plenty of good recommendations on here. If anything I'm sometimes overwhelmed, knowing that I can't quite own everything I want to.
06.02.2009 - 19:02
xguitaristgirlx
Account deleted
Written by Ascendant187 on 06.02.2009 at 18:50

You'll find plenty of good recommendations on here. If anything I'm sometimes overwhelmed, knowing that I can't quite own everything I want to.

I agree! Ha I know I'm new to the world of Metal, but there is so much to choose from that I barely know where to begin. Luckily, my boyfriend has showed me many bands to begin with.

Do you have any other suggestions? I'm into the melodic death metal as for now...and i am very open-minded to new genres of metal as well!
07.02.2009 - 09:25
Ascendant187
Written by Guest on 06.02.2009 at 19:02

Written by Ascendant187 on 06.02.2009 at 18:50

I agree! Ha I know I'm new to the world of Metal, but there is so much to choose from that I barely know where to begin. Luckily, my boyfriend has showed me many bands to begin with.

Do you have any other suggestions? I'm into the melodic death metal as for now...and i am very open-minded to new genres of metal as well!

Sounds like your currently riding the wave of Swedish melodeath so I would suggest checking out At The Gates (start with Slaughter of the Soul and work backwards). I'd also check out Bloodbath (if you're a fan of Dan Swano), early Entombed, early In Flames, early Nightrage and Carcass.
24.02.2009 - 20:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I learnt that they will be releasing a new DVD in March, does anyone know what will be featured in that DVD? I suppose part of the tour...
----

My Instagram
24.02.2009 - 21:57
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2009 at 20:37

I learnt that they will be releasing a new DVD in March, does anyone know what will be featured in that DVD? I suppose part of the tour...

You actually learnt that already a month ago...

----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
24.02.2009 - 23:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Promonex on 24.02.2009 at 21:57

Written by BloodTears on 24.02.2009 at 20:37

You actually learnt that already a month ago...

Oh, damn. I feel so dumb right now
----

My Instagram
26.03.2009 - 09:54
ms68
Everybody knows that dt is a band which always had been in melodeath style. but each album of dt has its own world. i mean if each album had it's own vocalist and it's own bandtitle nobody could recognise that all of these albums are created by one music group. unlike dt, in flames'albums always had similarity. for example u can compare jester race with whoracle, colony with clayman, reroute to remain with soundtrack to your escape and know with a sense of purpose they have entered to melodic-pop-metal .
that mean u can't selecet an album of dt and say this is the best album.
but for some reasons i always prefer the gallery and damage done
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
26.03.2009 - 11:49
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ms68 on 26.03.2009 at 09:54

Everybody knows that dt is a band which always had been in melodeath style. but each album of dt has its own world. i mean if each album had it's own vocalist and it's own bandtitle nobody could recognise that all of these albums are created by one music group. unlike dt, in flames'albums always had similarity. for example u can compare jester race with whoracle, colony with clayman, reroute to remain with soundtrack to your escape and know with a sense of purpose they have entered to melodic-pop-metal .

yeah you're right man. this band, everytime they release an album, they create a new feeling, a new sound and they do it in the right way. I feel it is really wrong to compare dt with in flames. they are not similar. dt are faster and for me more melodic and generally better.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.03.2009 - 15:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Plus, DT's lyrics are much better in my opinion, more refined and thought-provoking.
----

My Instagram
27.03.2009 - 00:11
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by ms68 on 26.03.2009 at 09:54

I have a mix CD of Haven and Damage Done in my car and if one didn't know the tracklists, one couldn't really tell when one CD finishes and the other begins. And I also believe that Character and Fiction are rather similar in style. Seeing how many people were disappointed that Fiction didn't live up to the promise of initiating a new era for DT I'm probably not the only one.
----