04. Buried Alive
05. Natural Born Killer
06. So Far Away
07. God Hates Us
08. Victim
09. Tonight The World Dies
10. Fiction
11. Save Me

Frankly, this album sucks. It really does. I had never listened to A7X before and going in to the review I had hoped it would at least be decent.

It's not.

I could list everything that I thought was wrong with this album, but apparently it'd be too long for most of your ADD-addled brains to handle. So here's the short version.

I figured out about three minutes in it's basically the same blueprint as Metallica, only modernized. Radio-friendly rock music with enough of a metal edge to convince angsty teenagers it's "dangerous" or something.

The album has more ballads than a "Best of Aerosmith Since '88" box set and even during aggressive songs the band still finds time to pop their testicles back in Warner Music's purse and wuss out. The closest thing this album has to an start-to-finish aggressive song is "God Hate's Us" ? outside of a useless breakdown in the middle... but even four minutes of distortion is too edgy for the accountants, so this otherwise pretty decent song has to close with a clean outro.

Hetfield-esq barking for verses, with an annoying almost nasal second vocal style used all too frequently, with catchy choruses. The dude at least has a decent voice when he doesn't switch to the annoying tone. The guitarist has some chops.

But ultimately the entire album feels more like a creation of what a Record Exec's idea of a (highly profitable) metal album should sound like, rather than what a metal enthusiast is likely to think a metal album should be. I guess the suits knew what they were doing, as apparently this was the top "purchased" album on iTunes last week.

But I imagine their target audience is certainly not the MetalStorm audience. I don't like it. And I imagine the vast majority of you won't either.

Avoid like the plague.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 4
Originality: 4
Production: 9

Written on 31.07.2010 by BitterCOld has been officially reviewing albums for MetalStorm since 2009.

Comments page 3 / 6

Comments: 172   Visited by: 870 users
02.08.2010 - 23:25
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by JCJen7 on 02.08.2010 at 23:14

I completely support him giving an honest review. And I have no doubt that he did not like this album. However, he skips past parts of the band he likes, and than bashes them for little things. He almost completely ignores that he liked God Hates Us, and instead focused on a clean 15 second outro. Then, he goes on to smash the vocals for a while, and adds one quick 5 word sentence about the guitarist being good.

I don't think he skipped past parts of the album he liked... you even point out the good things he said about it. He also gave the production a 9 and the performance a 7.
03.08.2010 - 02:11
Rating: 4
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Introspekrieg on 02.08.2010 at 23:25

Written by JCJen7 on 02.08.2010 at 23:14

I completely support him giving an honest review. And I have no doubt that he did not like this album. However, he skips past parts of the band he likes, and than bashes them for little things. He almost completely ignores that he liked God Hates Us, and instead focused on a clean 15 second outro. Then, he goes on to smash the vocals for a while, and adds one quick 5 word sentence about the guitarist being good.

I don't think he skipped past parts of the album he liked... you even point out the good things he said about it. He also gave the production a 9 and the performance a 7.

shoosh! don't introduce logic to tirades! he also states i "smash the vocals" when, in fact, i describe the types used and state the guy has a good voice (the hetfield-like bark remark is complimentary as well)...

you can hear all types within the first two minutes. the main verse voice is swell, the annoying voice kicks around the 90 second remark (and and immediately after "your fuckin' nightmare" chorus)...

the original review was over twice our 500 word "hard cap" for reviews... so i whittled it down to be brief. had the longer version been published, there would have been a few more compliments handed out, particularly to "God Hates Us" (to the effect of "God Hates Us" has balls. I suppose if you are going to have a song that shares 75% of it's name with a Slayer tune, you should at least keep it at 75% the aggression. Outside of a fairly useless breakdown that cuts away the energy, these boys could finally go the distance... and feel the need for a 30s clean outro. Damn it!")...

i also noted i enjoyed the first half of Dangerline before it... you guessed it, turned into a lighter-hoisting ballad. (that is where the "balls in the TW's purse" remark was originally located). I also approved of the pounding piano beginning to "fiction"... unfortunately the rest of the components of the song weren't as cool.

the longer version also had a lot more negative comments as well, so any additional kudos i doled out would have been overlooked with fresh nerdrage at my additional "unprofessional" criticisms where i dare to say not so nice things because my soul cannot grasp their talent.

of course, folks are bothering to argue with a guy who pretty much created an account here to bitch about my review.

final note: Metacritic - which uses composites of other reviews, has this at a 54/100. angry fan boys should feel free to froth into other clueless "underground" elitists such as Sputnikmusic (60%) and The Onion AV Club (42%).

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.08.2010 - 23:02
Legendary

You didn't like it ? wow what a surprise.....
Haven't listened to it myself yet, so maybe it really is bad, but I doubt it's as awefull as you describe...

What's with all that "I'm gonna listen to a band the general "true metal" crowd hates and than bash it with my "honest opinion"" reviews lately....
----
And I like the way your lips turned legendary.
And I like the way the sun will come to light.
03.08.2010 - 23:19
JCJen7

Written by BitterCOld on 03.08.2010 at 02:11

shoosh! don't introduce logic to tirades! he also states i "smash the vocals" when, in fact, i describe the types used and state the guy has a good voice (the hetfield-like bark remark is complimentary as well)...

you can hear all types within the first two minutes. the main verse voice is swell, the annoying voice kicks around the 90 second remark (and and immediately after "your fuckin' nightmare" chorus)...

the original review was over twice our 500 word "hard cap" for reviews... so i whittled it down to be brief. had the longer version been published, there would have been a few more compliments handed out, particularly to "God Hates Us" (to the effect of "God Hates Us" has balls. I suppose if you are going to have a song that shares 75% of it's name with a Slayer tune, you should at least keep it at 75% the aggression. Outside of a fairly useless breakdown that cuts away the energy, these boys could finally go the distance... and feel the need for a 30s clean outro. Damn it!")...

i also noted i enjoyed the first half of Dangerline before it... you guessed it, turned into a lighter-hoisting ballad. (that is where the "balls in the TW's purse" remark was originally located). I also approved of the pounding piano beginning to "fiction"... unfortunately the rest of the components of the song weren't as cool.

the longer version also had a lot more negative comments as well, so any additional kudos i doled out would have been overlooked with fresh nerdrage at my additional "unprofessional" criticisms where i dare to say not so nice things because my soul cannot grasp their talent.

of course, folks are bothering to argue with a guy who pretty much created an account here to bitch about my review.

final note: Metacritic - which uses composites of other reviews, has this at a 54/100. angry fan boys should feel free to froth into other clueless "underground" elitists such as Sputnikmusic (60%) and The Onion AV Club (42%).

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Well, first of all, I did not make this account to smash this review, and I did not want to get in to an argument with the writer about his writing. If you see, I made an early comment, giving MY opinion on the album, and did not mention what I thought about yours. However, than I saw a comment that seemed pretty well written commenting about a kind of wierd attitude present throughout all metal fans, and he got a stupid response to the effect of "So, you like mainstream music, just say that". Than, I got smashed for commenting to that guy to try a better reply, and that is when I finally decided to express why I PERSONALLY thought the reviewer was trying to paint this album in a negative light. I do not see how so many people can hate a band so much, despite the fact that they are all very good players, they make good, fast, (mostly) aggressive music, and they love what they're doing. So, if that makes me a tyrant w/o logic, I am sorry.

P.S. - The way that sentence was going, it read to me that you were insulting Shadown on his "Hetfield-esqe bark." Just saying.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
04.08.2010 - 00:29
RavenKing

Why so much fuss about this review? The reviewer thinks the album sucks and he has the right to say that it sucks.
Why would he be supposed to write a positive or toned down review, only to spare the sensitivity of those who like it? That would be insincere on his part. Get over it, bunch of whiners.

There are bands I like very much but will I start to cry if someone says a band I like sucks? No. You can say it sucks as much as you want, I don't care. Grow up and get over it.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
04.08.2010 - 00:50
InnerSelf
proofread free
This has been happening and will happen until everyone understand the fact that reviewers have the right to express their point of view "whatever this point of view is" as long as they are explaining it and not just bashing , which tbh is the thing with every featured review on this site and even the ones that I totally don't agree with.

It is a shame seeing people discussing the reviewer and not the album itself
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
04.08.2010 - 15:17
Ragepocalypse

To me this album was boring and uninspired idk it just felt kinda flat. I did notice a increase in the drumming obviously due to the great Potorny. Besides that i cant find a real killer track. city of evil was where its at for me with this band.
04.08.2010 - 23:35
Ander

Wow, this album is definitely getting a lot of... how could I put it? I think it's some kind of twisted reverse psychology motivated by the fact Avenged Sevenfold has received a lot of sympathy (often annoyingly, with statements like "he was the best drummer ever") from young fans for the loss of their drummer. Their fame for radio-friendly Metal that sells well doesn't help either.

Now don't get me wrong, Nightmare is nowhere near the album of the year. It's much too mellow, and it's definitely crafted for a wide audience to apprehend easily.

Still, I couldn't help but sigh when I clicked on the review and was faced with the obligatory and very predictable über bashing the album was bound to get from the like of a tr00 br00talz community like MS. I know I'm going to be told that it's a sincere opinion, but seriously. Is Nightmare excellent? Nope. Is Nightmare an absolute crap that should be avoided at all costs, and is it worthy of a 4.1? Honestly, it isn't.

No, this is a decent effort in a self-assumed easily accessible blend of Proggy Metalcore, and it shouldn't be rated under 6 regardless of your Metal tastes if you possess at least a tiny bit of objectivity. See, it was never meant to be hard and relentless, so I don't see why it should be reviewed on such ground. You can check my profile if you want: I'm pretty confident I enjoy a wide range of excellent and well respected bands, some of them one could even call "Metal elitist stuff". Yet the kind of whiny Metallica revival and ear-friendly melodies of Nightmare didn't generate the amount of contempt and hate this joke of a review expressed. Avenged Sevenfold will never be my kind of thing, but I still managed to appreciate the work done somehow.

So yeah, like it or not, Avenged Sevenfold is referenced on MS. And while I don't like them, I really feel it deserved a wee bit more respect. It is well produced, there are a couple of interesting songs and while it is easily accessible and soft, it shouldn't be rated as if it was expected as a classic Brutal Death orgy. Lame, predictable attention-whoring of a review aimed at pleasing the tr00 Metulz posers, IMO.
04.08.2010 - 23:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ander on 04.08.2010 at 23:35

Lame, predictable attention-whoring of a review aimed at pleasing the tr00 Metulz posers, IMO.

You almost had me on board with what you were saying until that gem.

Obviously you don't know Craig at all...

EDIT: You know he's like the only guy who defends new Darkthrone, right?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.08.2010 - 23:53
Ander

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.08.2010 at 23:42

Written by Ander on 04.08.2010 at 23:35

Lame, predictable attention-whoring of a review aimed at pleasing the tr00 Metulz posers, IMO.

You almost had me on board with what you were saying until that gem.

Obviously you don't know Craig at all...

EDIT: You know he's like the only guy who defends new Darkthrone, right?

Sincerely, I felt that last line was simply a good way to sum up the impression I had after I was done reading. It went like this: I noticed the Nightmare review, I clicked on the link with a little smile, and BAM, there it all was: "not brutal enough, commercial stuff, kill it with fire, boo woo woo" and an overly severe note. I was pretty disappointed to read a pure cliché review one would expect to find on a supposedly serious and rather elitist Metal website like MS.

Now I don't know the reviewer indeed, so I don't blame the guy. But that review was poor and almost comically predictable, really. So much it actually made me write a fairly long post in order to defend a band I don't even care about! =D
05.08.2010 - 01:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Ander on 04.08.2010 at 23:53

Sincerely, I felt that last line was simply a good way to sum up the impression I had after I was done reading. It went like this: I noticed the Nightmare review, I clicked on the link with a little smile, and BAM, there it all was: "not brutal enough, commercial stuff, kill it with fire, boo woo woo" and an overly severe note. I was pretty disappointed to read a pure cliché review one would expect to find on a supposedly serious and rather elitist Metal website like MS.

Now I don't know the reviewer indeed, so I don't blame the guy. But that review was poor and almost comically predictable, really. So much it actually made me write a fairly long post in order to defend a band I don't even care about! =D

i don't believe i used the word "brutal" in my review, nor am i a huge brutality fan. i wish i had come up with "kill it with fire!" though.

and clearly you don't know about me. if the review was "comically predictable", it's only because the album is, sadly, "comically predictable." i cannot stress enough how much i wanted to like it before listening to it. people who like the album and see that low score automatically assume the worst, look for the worst, and won't let it process into their melons that i actually did give it an open minded listen and responded with my honest opinion.

so join the moron brigade who assume the worst and fuss and fume at my lack of objectivity... i ultimately don't care that much. i'm just really amused at all the frothing at the keyboard saying bad things about this album brings out in people.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.08.2010 - 06:21
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
OMFG, I leave you alone a couple of days and you make a mess of this thread, bad fanboys! bad fanboys!

Written by vezzy on 31.07.2010 at 13:04

...just because he's dead (the Rev) doesn't mean we should suddenly pretend he was a legend.

Exactly, I totally agree with this, I don't know why people gets so upset with this, I mean, it's ok to have some tact with the band, I know that losing someone you love is very hard, but we are talking about the MUSIC, not the band members, we are not saying that the guy was a fucking idiot or something mindless without knowing him, we are just talking about his drumming.

C'mon, you say BitterCold wants to please the tr00 metüll posers? If he wanted to do so then he could have rated Exodus and Heathen's last albums with a 10 or something like that, I think he is quite objective in those reviews (and also in this one).

And who the fuck thinks "Buried Alive" could be easily a track of "Master Of Puppets"? This world is coming down, really down...

Another well-done review BC, don't let the herds tell you other thing. Sure, maybe they are not bad musicians, but as Uncle Ben once said to me, "With great musicianship, should come great music"
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
05.08.2010 - 07:05
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by Daggon on 05.08.2010 at 06:21

"With great musicianship, should come great music"

Love this quote!
05.08.2010 - 08:49
Rating: 8
hadriel

Wish that the review word cap could be extended to see the whole thing tbh. I've always been a fan of A7X despite the bad rap that they seem to generate amongst the metal community. Their previous album was shit and maybe that's why I feel that this one is a fresh breath of air.

After the first few songs, I was thinking much the same thing...the single, "Nightmare", is especially terribad. But after the first 3 or so I felt the album pulled itself together some. Yes it's more commercially-intended than 99% of metal albums out there, but the riffing and M Shadows vocals and Portnoy's impeccable drum technique form a pretty solid base for this album to leverage themselves on. No, it's not innovative, and the lyrical content sometimes makes my head hurt because it's so bad, but overall I still found it to be decent. I'll always remember this band as one of the gateway bands that got me into metal. so perhaps there is some bias as well.

I think the review cap is what seems to be fueling the hate here. The review seems too brief and the flaws too narrowly described, making the review come off as a bashing of the band. Much respect for the honesty and integrity of the review nonetheless..good review even if I do not agree on all points.
05.08.2010 - 14:15
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
True.. this is emo, angsty teenagers stuff. But that's what Avenged Sevenfold always have been about... and Im glad they did not choose to ''br00tal up'' their sound.

A great vocalist makes a few of these ballads quite enjoyable, you don't have to be a angsty and/or emo teen to enjoy a couple of songs from this.

I completly agree with the rate... just don't think the real problem are the ballads or the teen pop stuff... but the fact that they execute it poorly this time. -_-
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.08.2010 - 16:36
advent

Totally agree , i used to like the band albums when i was yonuger but now i become more objective, the rating is maybe lower a bit from what it deserves but i think what u write is completely true and honest , and u don't have to fake u like it.

To sum it up it's is like most nu metal albums nowdays, "good production + some commercial riffs u swear u heard them before + some anger to spies up the album and make it looks so dangerous" , no innovation ,no exceptional songwriting, nothing special at all.

The music in general has to be unique and different as much as enjoyable and listenable , if any band can't do that then they are wasting their time and effort
05.08.2010 - 22:31
UnknownCheese

Damn, the pussies are out in full force.
06.08.2010 - 05:33
Eddie Misery

The music is crap, and the "guitarists" are hacks. I don't agree that just b/c something is "well produced" that it automatically merits respect. What about songwriting? And that's from an objective standpoint. I can appreciate good songwriting, even if it's a band I don't particularly care for. But the songwriting on this album, and from this band in general, feels so hollow and generic and aimed so predictably at such a predictable crowd. That's not good songwriting, that's "clever" songwriting, if I dare say such a thing, simply b/c it's specifically designed to be "marketable" songwriting. So..maybe the fact that it is so marketable makes it somehow respectable, that's fine--nothing wrong with a band who just wants to make money. I just wish people wouldn't try to pretened that this band is anything else but a marketing ploy. And still the fact remains....you can't polish a turd. And underneath all the shiny production that makes this album so commercially valuable, you'll find just that. A turd.
06.08.2010 - 12:26
Merchant of Doom

S*it! Reviews of mainstream metal albums? Is Metal Storm going to change its name to Metal Porn?
06.08.2010 - 13:40
advent

Written by Eddie Misery on 06.08.2010 at 05:33

The music is crap, and the "guitarists" are hacks. I don't agree that just b/c something is "well produced" that it automatically merits respect. What about songwriting? And that's from an objective standpoint. I can appreciate good songwriting, even if it's a band I don't particularly care for. But the songwriting on this album, and from this band in general, feels so hollow and generic and aimed so predictably at such a predictable crowd. That's not good songwriting, that's "clever" songwriting, if I dare say such a thing, simply b/c it's specifically designed to be "marketable" songwriting. So..maybe the fact that it is so marketable makes it somehow respectable, that's fine--nothing wrong with a band who just wants to make money. I just wish people wouldn't try to pretened that this band is anything else but a marketing ploy. And still the fact remains....you can't polish a turd. And underneath all the shiny production that makes this album so commercially valuable, you'll find just that. A turd.

You said exactly what is in my mind, the songwriting is so awful and lame,they gave a lot attention to the production, while the songwriting is the core of any descent album , most of bands think that an shitty songwriting and commercial riffs can be improved by production, it just a way not a mean
06.08.2010 - 18:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Merchant of Doom on 06.08.2010 at 12:26

S*it! Reviews of mainstream metal albums? Is Metal Storm going to change its name to Metal Porn?

lols. you can cuss here. we won't be offended.

and fwiw my last five reviews, in order, have been Heathen, A7X, Terzij De Horde, Exodus, and Fungoid Stream... that's a pretty decent spread, imo.
----

06.08.2010 - 20:19
Sephiros7

So...bottom line. You tried to be entertaining while giving a half ass review and got some backlash which in itself is entertainment =D Kudos...

Have you reviewed Death Magnetic Man I'd love to read that one. Or how about Bullet for my Valentine's Fever. Ha ha I gotta make an album list for you to review for sheer entertainment factor. Hell you should start your own website, break free of the metalstorm chains my friend.
06.08.2010 - 20:48
Sephiros7

Sephiros' review of Nightmare (as inspired by BitterCOld)

"Yes...I've never listened to Avenged Sevenfold (or A7X as the posterboy fans like to call them) before so naturally I'm going to review their latest album and give some logical insight as to the quality of this less than adaquate waste of time...

First of all let me just say the drummer to this band "Jimmy the 'Rev' Sullivan" (omfg the gay stage names...) died shortly after Christmas (merry Christmas!) and I can say good riddance! Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater (one of the crappiest drummers in one of the crappiest bands around I might add) will be filling in for the studio recording and the live tour to help support them in their time of loss (who cares?).

Now with all that mushy stuff out of the way let's dive right into the album... The opening track "Nightmare" is weaker than my grandma in an arm wrestling match, it reaks of poster boy screaming which falls back on a clean chorus (cause they don't have enough balls to scream and yell the entire song like a "real" talented band does) This song (album for that matter) is completely over produced because I can clearly hear each note, beat of the drum, strum of the bass and even the spittle from M.Shadows (Gawd another poster boy stage name...) Another thing that completely detracts from this song is the fact that it has a music video, as we all know any band funded enough and popular enough to have a music video clearly sucks ass.

Moving along the 2nd track also sucks ass because it has been used in conjunction with Modern Warfare so we'll skip over that. Danger Line started decent but got really gay because it had a little bit of...what's that word...emotion at the end...and some gay whistling. As we all know any song with clean vocals and whistling has to suck right?! This song is also a complete sell out song using the topic of a dying US soldier as a fallback for success. Weaksauce...

Buried alive is easily the worst song on the album cause it's easily the song everyone will probably love and could easily compete with Metallica-esq Master of pupppets-esq / justice for all esq era quality of writing and is nothing compared to the higher quality writing of such songs as "Invisible Kid" or "all within my hands" style Metallica. Anyways don't get me started on that... Ya and it's a total rip off of James Hetfield-esq vocals because he barks. I think in the background at 3:27 you can hear an actual recording of james hetfield going "HEY HEY HEY HEY!" at their show in Russia in '87. Ya talk about subliminal-esq messaging from the hypo-programming suits at Warner Bros.

Anyways the only song that didn't make me regurgitate was "God hates us" because it reminds me of my feelings towards my life and he's screaming for most of it. BUt warner brothers put a gun to A7X's temples and forced them to put a little mayonaise on the song with a clean intro / outro. Oh well what can you expect from poster boy sellouts...

And I'm not going to even review the rest of the album because it has more ballads than an Elton John / U2 concert (I crap you not one song even has PIANO! OMFG PIANO LADIES AND GENTS). The only reason I listened to this piano infested song is because it has the last recorded vocals from the drummer eerily singing about death and wishing his friends to carry on the best that they can. If I wanted to puke at human beings showing emotion I would have popped in the titanic only to laugh just as hard as I did at this song. Need I say more? I think not...avoid this crappy album like the STD my ex boyfriend gave me..."

How did I do bitter?
07.08.2010 - 05:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Sephiros7 on 06.08.2010 at 20:48

In my opinion that was too forced - BCOld has enough natural bitter hostility inside of him, whereas your mock-review lacks both the savvy instinct of a true pedant and the cracking wit of one of our most verbose writers.

Good effort though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.08.2010 - 14:30
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Sephiros7 on 06.08.2010 at 20:48

How did I do?

Think it's safe to say you failed terribly in making whatever point you were attempting to make.

Also, you have too much time on your hands.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
09.08.2010 - 21:33
Rating: 8
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Your review is bullshit (BitterCOld) this album is 9.7, if you don't like this style don't add any review and rating .
09.08.2010 - 22:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mehdi Taba on 09.08.2010 at 21:33

Your review is bullshit (BitterCOld) this album is 9.7, if you don't like this style don't add any review and rating .

according to you EVERYTHING* is zomgawesomeamazing.

10 480 votes
9 520 votes
8 403 votes
7 179 votes
6 38 votes
5 10 votes
4 8 votes
3 3 votes
2 1 vote
1 1 vote

so as far as i'm concerned, your thoughts on either this album or my tastes are worthless.

* frankly, i don't think you should rate ulver's electronic albums, as clearly you don't like them. as you, yourself, put it, "if you don't like this style don't add any review and rating ."
----

09.08.2010 - 23:26
Axe Argonian

This is a very spot-on review. Avenged Sevenfold has been shit since their self-titled 2007 album (City of Evil was barely decent), so I find it not surprising that their latest work would be a mainstream-y abomination.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
10.08.2010 - 05:18
Eddie Misery

Written by BitterCOld on 09.08.2010 at 22:18

* frankly, i don't think you should rate ulver's electronic albums, as clearly you don't like them. as you, yourself, put it, "if you don't like this style don't add any review and rating ."

LMAO--owned. 10s out the ass, wtf. There's no way anything by Avenged Sevenfold is even close to 9, let alone 9.7. They suck. Period. There is no argument. Bitter's review is spot-on.
10.08.2010 - 22:42
Rating: 10
Sephiros

Just another example of hateboys disliking someone because it's popular instead of listening to it from an unbiased ear. Listen to a song like "Save me" and tell me half the bands out there have that kind musicianship or writing ability, or any song on the album for that matter. Your responses to mine are weak and without any intelligent or logical backing. "They suck" = you're retarded and don't belong reviewing music.

Hits total: 21458 | This month: 32