Metal Storm logo
Arafel - New Album Details, Samples Online

Israeli Folk Black metal band Arafel - featuring former Equilibrium vocalist Helge Stang - recently finished work on the album cover of their new third album For Battle Once Fought. The art contribution belongs to well-known artist Kris Verwimp ( Absu, Ancient Rites, Moonsorrow).

The album was recorded on October 2009 and mixed and mastered on January 2010 in Hertz Studio (Poland) with Wojtec and Slawek Wieslawski ( Behemoth, Vader, Decapitated). Additional clean vocals were performed by Yohaj Davidoff (Reign Of Architect, Prowlers, ex-Acropolis) and recorded at Amaseffer's studio by Yuval Kramer ( Amaseffer, Prey For Nothing).

According to the band the album features 8 tracks "filled by aggression and epic war atmosphere". Song samples are available at the band's MySpace and Facebook. Arafel is now looking for a label to release the album.

For Battle Once Fought [cover art] tracklist:

01. Sword's Hymn
02. Kurgan
03. The Siege
04. 1380 - The Confrontation
05. The Last Breath of Fire
06. Im Field
07. Wolf's Hunt
08. Death of Archaic World

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Arafel
Posted: 01.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 15 users
01.08.2010 - 22:47
FeskarN

Sounds really cool to hear Helge singing english lyrics. But I still miss him in Equilibrium.. Anyone know why he left the band?
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
02.08.2010 - 05:16
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by FeskarN on 01.08.2010 at 22:47

Sounds really cool to hear Helge singing english lyrics. But I still miss him in Equilibrium.. Anyone know why he left the band?

Not sure why he left, but he was the only reason i didn't like Equilibrium. I found his vocals were terrible and made the sound bland. Doesn't look to promising for Arafel, not that their vocal department was strong anyway

Hits total: 3203 | This month: 5