Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 76   Visited by: 916 users
25.03.2011 - 22:13
RavenKing

Written by Angelic Storm on 25.03.2011 at 21:45

Written by RavenKing on 25.03.2011 at 21:12
Hmm... Perhaps it would be best to forget this personal reflexion. I think I exaggerated a bit and made a generalization too loosely.

While I know it can surely be applied to some Powermetal fanboys, we must not include everyone here. Sorry.
It was a stupid comment.

Well, it was an exaggeration to be sure. I think the problem is, there's really no music that is liked (or can be liked) exclusively by blind fanboys only. But some people will brand you as that, (or a poser) just for liking a certain band/albums.

The problem with generalising, is there are always exceptions, but they get judged with the stereotyped view regardless. I know who you were attacking with your comment, so I didn't take any offense to it. I just like challenging generalistic viewpoints that can sometimes unfairly brand people as something that they aren't.

You know me well enough to guess that I didn't include you in my generalization but it was a foolish generalization nevertheless and I felt the need to apologize for it.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
25.03.2011 - 22:15
RavenKing

Written by Yasmine on 25.03.2011 at 21:58

Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 14:07

Written by Andreas on 02.08.2010 at 14:04

Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 13:36

I hope it isn't the same generic dribble they've been doing for some time now.

Sounds like a good idea. Let's do it!

As we sail the deadly rivers of Nile... as we fight the legendary black beast of AAAARGH!... the quest stands tall before us!
Wow, I invented a really *beep* power metal lyric.

Spoken like someone who listens to music for image, I recommend Kesha and Danity Kane. Ty.

It looks like Vezzy has a gift to make female friends on boards. lol
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
25.03.2011 - 22:20
Yasmine

Written by RavenKing on 25.03.2011 at 22:15

Written by Yasmine on 25.03.2011 at 21:58

Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 14:07

Written by Andreas on 02.08.2010 at 14:04

Written by vezzy on 02.08.2010 at 13:36

I hope it isn't the same generic dribble they've been doing for some time now.

Sounds like a good idea. Let's do it!

As we sail the deadly rivers of Nile... as we fight the legendary black beast of AAAARGH!... the quest stands tall before us!
Wow, I invented a really *beep* power metal lyric.

Spoken like someone who listens to music for image, I recommend Kesha and Danity Kane. Ty.

It looks like Vezzy has a gift to make female friends on boards. lol

lol poor guy, myself personally I LOATHE wanna be tough guy chest thumping pseudo alpha males who think bashing power metal makes them uber manily. Makes it seem like they're trying to prove they're not in the closet. I'll kick them out of the closet every chance I get. :p
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
25.03.2011 - 22:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 25.03.2011 at 22:13

You know me well enough to guess that I didn't include you in my generalization but it was a foolish generalization nevertheless and I felt the need to apologize for it.

I did know you weren't including me, and I was kinda just pulling your leg. lol But you're right, the generalization was foolish, and that's what I wanted to pick up on. I do try to avoid generalising and stereotyping, because I know there are always exceptions to every rule. And it's a very easy, if quite ineffectual way of pre-judging someone, especially based on musical tastes alone. You didn't need to apologize, but thanx anyway.

...Im not going to comment on the Vezzy topic. lol
10.05.2011 - 22:51
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Send me a sign is gamma ray :O
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
17.05.2011 - 21:02
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ "Send Me A Sign" is an original Hammerfall song, not a cover of the Gamma Ray song!

I have just finished listening to the album once through, and I dunno what to make of it really... it's different for Hammerfall, and yet at the same time it's not. Songs like "Bang Your Head" and "Lets Get It On" are totally typical Hammerfall, and pretty good too, especially the former which is great! "Patient Zero" which opens the album is a fantastic song. The slow crunching main riff helps with the build up, the creeping chorus is very kewl, and the storming mid section and solo is just awesome. xD

The ballad "Send Me A Sign" is a good song too, but the best track on the album hands down, is the amazing "Dia De Los Muertos" which has a main riff that sounds more like Arch Enemy than Hammerfall. lol It has some great melodies and intensity, and is what I was hoping from the new Hammerfall. Sadly, there's not much of this on offer elsewhere, and the album comes off as wasted potential for the most part. I was wishing for them to make their own equivelant of Helloween's "The Dark Ride", and while in places there definitely is a darker and more intense vibe than their usual stuff, they sort of just play with that, instead of totally embracing it, which would have made for an amazing Hammerfall album. Ah well... *shrugs*
17.05.2011 - 23:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Angelic Storm on 17.05.2011 at 21:02

^^ "Send Me A Sign" is an original Hammerfall song, not a cover of the Gamma Ray song!

i was about to say that it IS a GR song, but then i saw it's on this album. anyway i'm curious as to how this sounds, HF was one of my first metal bands, i hope they turned the cheese knob down and cranked the glorious epic controls higher on this one than their last 2.
17.05.2011 - 23:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 17.05.2011 at 23:33

Only heard a few tracks so far, to describe it as their Dark Ride is quite close. There is a noticable attempt to make it more Heavy Metal and less power metal. The single One More Time is not a good example of the rest of the album.The guitars are the best and fastest I've heard from them for a while. Maybe the new guitarist getting his first chance to stamp his mark?

After reading the bad reviews for the album I had written it off, but after hearing it for myself I'm interested again.

The solos are a high point of the album I have to say. There's some amazing guitarwork in songs like Patient Zero and especially Dia De Los Muertos. And there's great solos in Bang Your Head, Lets Get It On and Redemption too. Pontus Norgen is certainly stamping his mark on the band, and is an awesome addition!

The more I listen, the more certain songs are sticking to me, and even some songs with that classic Hammerfall sound have a punchier, more venemous sound than is normal for them. I still think they could have kept a consistent level of intensity the whole way through, (the ballad aside which is very good) which is the main gripe I have with the album. The high points of the album make Hammerfall sound fresh, and vital. But the filler lets it down. Which to be fair, has been a problem with every album Hammerfall have ever made. lol I don't think they pushed their sound quite as far into the darker, heavier territory as Helloween did on "The Dark Ride", (at least not overall) but I think it's definitely a good move, the changes they have made. Not that I had a problem with them before, but sometimes change is vital if you don't want to end up sounding stale. xD
18.05.2011 - 00:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Irritable Ted on 18.05.2011 at 00:03
As Valentin said, they have turned down the cheese knob (that sounded really bad, sorry). Some of their stuff was so stereotypical power metal that they needed to change. Power metal of late has become a bit boring, even for me. I know a lot of people would say it has been for about 10 years. I'm waiting for a RavenKing quote about now.

Oh they have, definitely! I don't need a lyric sheet to know that the lyrics of something like "Bang Your Head" are very cheesy, but overall, they have toned down the cheesiness, both in the lyrics and in the music. I never minded the cheesiness, but like I said, change is always welcome to prevent a band from stagnating. The album certainly has it's flaws, but when it hits the mark, it's really great stuff.

Ravenking dislikes even a lot of power metal that he used to like. He pretty much doesn't like the genre at all now, cos he mainly only likes extreme stuff, which is fair enough. lol xD
18.05.2011 - 20:13
Felhasznalonev

Written by Angelic Storm on 17.05.2011 at 21:02

"Send Me A Sign" is NOT an original Hammerfall song! It is a cover. The original song is titled "Hol van a szó? (Where Is The Word?)". It is Pokolgép which is a great hungarian metal band. The song originally was released in 1991. Great cover though.
18.05.2011 - 21:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
It would seem this album joins the ranks of those albums where the second track is actually a much better introduction. my problem with the first track is that with all the stops and go's, it sounds like a few pieces glued together, same as the 3rd track. in the context of the album though, the beginning of "one more time" doesn't sound that silly.

actually, pretty much all the tracks have this feel, that they're just bits and pieces put together at random, it rarely flows the way it feels naturally.
18.05.2011 - 23:28
Rating: 6
ChrisWinther

I dont hope that every song is like One More Time.. That song isn't that good
20.05.2011 - 01:41
Metal Invader

Well i must say after single i was hoping that the rest of album will be better an it is..well a few songs is imo after first listening..and i agree with Angelic Storm taht the solos are high point but stil i expected more and braver change..my rate for now is 7 but if i listen "one more time" it will be better
21.05.2011 - 01:06
Rating: 9
Andreas

I had my first half listen to this album tonight (first 5 songs). So far, The Outlaw and Patient Zero are very appealing. B.Y.H. and Send Me A Sign are pretty good too, One More Time is still too boring.
21.05.2011 - 01:55
Rating: 8
juanopereira

I think HammerFall has always been a band with greater songs than albums. The new album has some really good songs but others...
21.05.2011 - 14:26
Tomci

The worst HF album yet. The Pokolgép cover was a real surprise, but the rest... mediocre stuff, expected better from HF.
22.05.2011 - 17:55
Rating: 7
c0ok1e

This gotta me Hammerfall's worst album. WHy they change from templar to zombie?? F***
23.05.2011 - 23:29
Rating: 5
Reign

Templars of steel bashing the undead....sounds interesting the solos are great but i expected more.
24.05.2011 - 12:07
c0ok1e

Ok I take back my words. After a few listen it actually doesnt sound as bad as I thought. The songs just need sometime to sink in. Still zombie.. wtf
24.05.2011 - 22:41
Rating: 5
Sepulnation

Infected is much better than the last album
----
fuck shit up!
25.05.2011 - 16:17
Bizzaremifo

Written by Sepulnation on 24.05.2011 at 22:41

Infected is much better than the last album

sry, i disagree ...
25.05.2011 - 21:44
Ne[]N

Written by c0ok1e on 24.05.2011 at 12:07

Ok I take back my words. After a few listen it actually doesnt sound as bad as I thought. The songs just need sometime to sink in. Still zombie.. wtf

Totally agree. After listening this album 4 times I actually started to enjoy some of the songs... But still I had higher expectations for this album.
26.05.2011 - 05:34
Yes they lost their style.some dissapoint me.
27.05.2011 - 01:49
Rating: 9
Andreas

The album keeps growing on me. Somehow I was expecting a mixture between HF and Into the Labyrinth by Saxon, it kinda helped.
27.05.2011 - 03:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bizzaremifo on 25.05.2011 at 16:17
sry, i disagree ...

I disagree too, but I actually really liked the last album... "Infected" has the potential to be a great album, but it just feels lacking and incomplete somehow. Half of the album is great, while the other half is just... forgettable. I wish they'd been a bit more brave, and thrown themselves wholeheartedly into a darker, heavier direction. Instead of the half hearted attempt at doing so that the album as a whole comes off sounding as like.
27.05.2011 - 22:59
Reza
Account deleted
6.9/10 ! I haven't listened to this album yet. Is it really their weakest album ?!
28.05.2011 - 13:45
Metal Invader

Written by Guest on 27.05.2011 at 22:59

6.9/10 ! I haven't listened to this album yet. Is it really their weakest album ?!

i think its weak but it have his moments..but that is mater of opinion..you must listen for yourself and see..no wisdom here
30.05.2011 - 01:09
Berserk

I think its decent for the most part. Some pretty good songs, some pretty bad songs.
----
Fear the Old Blood
30.05.2011 - 18:52
Phantom noir

Not only they changed the band concept too much, but also their music and song writing style.
Hope it's only a phase ?
09.06.2011 - 19:54
dunskii

Where is the templar and crusady power awesomeness is my first impression

Hits total: 21252 | This month: 27