Metal Storm logo
Early Graves - Vocalist Killed In Van Accident

Early Graves vocalist Mahk Daniels was killed last night in a fatal car crash. The band was headed to a show in Reno, NV when the accident occurred.

KTVL.com reports: "A van carrying nine members of two California-based death metal bands lost control and crashed on Interstate 5 in Central Point when the driver fell asleep, killing one passenger and injuring two others just after 5:30 AM Monday.

Oregon State Police say the van, pulling a trailer, was carrying members of two death metal bands to California when it crashed in the southbound lane between the Central Point and Blackwell Road exits. KTVL has confirmed the van was transporting the two bands Early Graves, of San Francisco, and The Funeral Pyre, of La Habra, CA, a Los Angeles suburb.

The van's driver reportedly fell asleep and he lost control. The van and trailer traveled off the right shoulder, rolled and came to rest off the freeway in a grassy area. None of the nine occupants were using safety restraints and the adult male victim was ejected from a rear cargo area where he and two others were. The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene by responding emergency medical services personnel. The driver and one passenger were transported by ambulance to Rogue Valley Medical Center for treatment of non-life threatening injuries."

Several sources on the internet now confirm the passenger who was killed in the accident was Early Graves singer Mahk Daniels.

Early Graves' sophomore album, Goner, was released on June 22 via Ironclad/Metal Blade Records. You can check out Early Graves at MySpace.

Source: ktvl.com
Posted: 02.08.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 85 users
03.08.2010 - 00:24
Symmachus

I have not heard of Early Graves, but this is pitiful news. RIP Mahk Daniels.
03.08.2010 - 00:26
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Ughh i know it's morbid joke but: early grave...:( RIP
----
03.08.2010 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So sad, I dont know band, but still its sad, R.I.P.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.08.2010 - 00:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
The agony of irony. RIP.
----
The force will be with you, always.
03.08.2010 - 01:05
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Goddammit, 2010 is a sad year for metal...
03.08.2010 - 02:04
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Clintagräm on 03.08.2010 at 00:57

The agony of irony. RIP.

Damn.

My condolences to the band. Don't stop so soon.
03.08.2010 - 02:54
worm_is_gloaming

Every single band's tour is a dice game with death. Anything may happen, a van may lose control, a plane may malfunction. We're so used to idea of road trips or flights that we take it for granted when another band goes on tour - we complain they're not coming to our city, we complain their sound mix wasn't on par with expectations, we complain about the setlist...

Here is yet another reminder at what cost these bands go to entertain us, the fans. Literally putting their safety and their lives at stake.

Sometimes the fatal toll is taken - an uncomfortable reminder for us what price these concerts sometimes exert.

I said it long before in the Witchhunter obituary thread and I'll say it again, let's be more supportive of the musicians who make up our favorite bands, and remember that behind the music are real people who sacrifice all this for the sake of our entertainment.

R. I. P.
03.08.2010 - 03:01
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
The irony is funny, but it's just bad luck. R.I.P

How many bus/van crashes have there been now with a fatality? Decapitated, Metallica, Early Grave? I'm sure there are a lot more.
03.08.2010 - 03:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
How stupid, NONE of them were wearing seatbelts? retards.

also, the bands name is wayyyy to ironic for the circumstances.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.08.2010 - 05:44
selken
Irreligious
Written by worm_is_gloaming on 03.08.2010 at 02:54

Every single band's tour is a dice game with death. Anything may happen, a van may lose control, a plane may malfunction. We're so used to idea of road trips or flights that we take it for granted when another band goes on tour - we complain they're not coming to our city, we complain their sound mix wasn't on par with expectations, we complain about the setlist...

Here is yet another reminder at what cost these bands go to entertain us, the fans. Literally putting their safety and their lives at stake.

Sometimes the fatal toll is taken - an uncomfortable reminder for us what price these concerts sometimes exert.

I said it long before in the Witchhunter obituary thread and I'll say it again, let's be more supportive of the musicians who make up our favorite bands, and remember that behind the music are real people who sacrifice all this for the sake of our entertainment.

R. I. P.

This is the other side of the story, and it's true by all means... but this is part of the job, like any other, I'm not saying this in detriment for the band, but in a lesser or larger extent, we all have been on potentially risky situations because of our jobs whether directly or indirectly linked to the job.

For the band, I give them my condolences, RIP it's always sad when a musician passes away
----
03.08.2010 - 14:42
Prisoner
Account deleted
RIP
06.10.2010 - 15:43
Lovecraft
Account deleted
RIP

Hits total: 2668 | This month: 2