Metal Storm logo
Songs You Can't Listen To Because of Bad Memories

Original post

Posted by , 03.08.2010 - 02:00
Title is pretty self-explanetory... and long.
I have two, both centered around the recent death of my cousin.
1. Mama, I'm Comin' Home - Ozzy Osbourne. For some reason it reminds me too much of her, mostly around the lines like "You made me cry, you told me lies, but I can't stand to say goodbye." and "I could be right, I could be wrong. It hurts so bad, it's been so long."
2. Bodies - Drowning Pool. I was sitting in the car alone waiting for my family so we could drive to the funeral. I hate silences so I turn on the radio and this song of all songs comes on. Needless to say, I stopped liking it.

Now you, if you have any.
17.04.2011 - 07:58
Puff
The Forlorn
Written by wormdrink414 on 13.04.2011 at 10:33

Anything by Korpiklaani. Because I saw them live.

hahaha.
----
18.04.2011 - 06:57
Balthazine

I need Thrash (Not You) by Dr. Livingdead

It's a catchy as hell song, but I used to listen to it a lot after my old ex girlfriend broke up with me, I loved the hell out of that chick. It was my way of burying my sorrow over losing her in my love of thrash metal. But those painful memories are now associated with this song.
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
18.04.2011 - 13:35
XV535Virago

"No woman no cry" by Bob Marley - cause my mother died during that song, after a 2 years fight with cancer.
"Vet for the insane" by Fields of The Nephilim - cause of my unsuccessful suicide attempt
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
18.04.2011 - 20:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by XV535Virago on 18.04.2011 at 13:35

"Vet for the insane" by Fields of The Nephilim - cause of my unsuccessful suicide attempt

Im sorry to hear about you mother

but this suicide WHOOOT?
May I ask why you tryd?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2011 - 21:10
Thrashette

Sometimes when "Fade To Black" by Metallica (or any covers of it) comes up on my playlist, I have to skip over it even though it's one of my favourite songs. I was able to relate to it so well when I was depressed and sometimes I'm not comfortable being reminded of that time. I got better eventually, got rid of the painful memories, and then was comfortable listening to it, but I recently got depressed again but with more serious suicidal thoughts and was able to relate to the song even better. And I also don't like listening to it if I'm really happy, since I want to make the best out of a good mood instead of being reminded of being depressed.
18.04.2011 - 22:19
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I like to revive old memories, even if they were bad. They taught me a lot of stuff the hard way and became a important part of my life.
Songs that recall some "traumatic" life experiences:

Iron Maiden - The Clairvoyant
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Katatonia - Evidence
Metallica - The Unforgiven
Tiamat - The Return of the Son of Nothing
My Dying Bride - Black God
19.04.2011 - 03:48
Andre

Most of the songs that bring back memory are not metal in my cases.
Audioslave has a loong list of songs that bring back memories of old love flame.
19.04.2011 - 09:19
WickedBuddhi

Written by Guest on 18.04.2011 at 22:19

I like to revive old memories, even if they were bad. They taught me a lot of stuff the hard way and became a important part of my life.

I'm with you on this one. I like to go back and listen to music that reminds me of certain events. It's not so much that it hurts, I just don't want to forget. Music and how it influences memories and emotions with those memories is really interesting to me. I can pick up Roger Waters- Radio KAOS and know instantly where I was and who I was with when I first heard it. No matter how insignificant the memory. These songs are literally soundtracks to our lives.
20.04.2011 - 16:48
XV535Virago

Written by Bad English on 18.04.2011 at 20:02

Written by XV535Virago on 18.04.2011 at 13:35

Im sorry to hear about you mother

but this suicide WHOOOT?
May I ask why you tryd?

I tried that cause i was young,stupid and very drunk!
----
21.04.2011 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by XV535Virago on 20.04.2011 at 16:48

I tried that cause i was young,stupid and very drunk!

I have ''simmilar'' expierience but it was lil diferent , drunk, young and depresed
If defending own wrighst when you know and others know you're wright but are coverds to apologies, than hang me in gollows to eternity
----

apos;'
[image]
21.04.2011 - 04:20
Myamora

For me, it's the Korn's song "Daddy". I had learn this weekend that a guy, one of my knowledge, is a pedophile. I made the stupid mistake of listening this song. It's was very painful. So, I think that I will not be able to listen this song again.
21.04.2011 - 09:20
XV535Virago

Written by Myamora on 21.04.2011 at 04:20

For me, it's the Korn's song "Daddy". I had learn this weekend that a guy, one of my knowledge, is a pedophile. I made the stupid mistake of listening this song. It's was very painful. So, I think that I will not be able to listen this song again.

I'm really sorry for that! Hope you'll get better soon .
----
21.04.2011 - 13:22
Natassja

I can't listen to any Amesoeurs song because it remembers me the amazingly hard search I've done to get their album for my ex-boyfriend's birthday. The bastard dumped me a couple months later I gave it to him lol
It doesn't hurts anymore, but damn! I invested several dollars into that gift!

'No Greater Sorrow' by Draconian and 'Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us' by Paradise Lost remembers me those days too, but somehow still liking the Draconian's song. I've stopped to listen that P.L.'s album because my ex made me listen it carefully and I automatically related the album to him. It wasn't so good, anyway.
21.04.2011 - 15:18
XV535Virago

Written by Natassja on 21.04.2011 at 13:22

I can't listen to any Amesoeurs song because it remembers me the amazingly hard search I've done to get their album for my ex-boyfriend's birthday. The bastard dumped me a couple months later I gave it to him lol
It doesn't hurts me anymore, but damn! I invested several dollars into that gift! (yeah, I prefer to laugh about it)

'No Greater Sorrow' by Draconian and 'Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us' by Paradise Lost remembers me those days too, but somehow still liking the Draconian's song. I've stopped to listen that P.L. album because my ex where the one that made me listen it carefully and I automatically related them. It wasn't so good, anyway.

Well fck him, my dear! Forget about that bastard, ok? Let us see a smile.
----
21.04.2011 - 19:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Natassja on 21.04.2011 at 13:22

It doesn't hurts me anymore, but damn! I invested several dollars into that gift! (yeah, I prefer to laugh about it)

'No Greater Sorrow' by Draconian and 'Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us' by Paradise Lost remembers me those days too, but somehow still liking the Draconian's song. I've stopped to listen that P.L. album because my ex where the one that made me listen it carefully and I automatically related them. It wasn't so good, anyway.

I know its hatd but forgot it, what I have learn better brake up whit a smile, dont blame ex, dont scream you're bastard and so on, leave whit a smile, because after years or even months its be much easyer for you , harder is if you keep anger inside and wanna have revenge
----

apos;'
[image]
21.04.2011 - 21:41
Kennoth

Written by Myamora on 21.04.2011 at 04:20

Wow. You really shouldn't listened to THAT song of all songs. Sorry for your dad.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
22.04.2011 - 07:47
Myamora

Sorry for the misunderstood; but this guy is not my dad. It's was painful to hear 'cause I was in anger (after the announcement of this guy's pedophilia). English isn't my mother tongue; but I hope that you can understand my messages on this forum.
22.04.2011 - 21:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Myamora on 22.04.2011 at 07:47

Sorry for the misunderstood; but this guy is not my dad. It's was painful to hear 'cause I was in anger (after the announcement of this guy's pedophilia). English isn't my mother tongue; but I hope that you can understand my messages on this forum.

youre wnglish is werry well, go habs go better how mine
----

apos;'
[image]